Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport {US-WA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport {US-WA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
The SEA airport HH/DT are all dated and the rates bordering on rip-off when compared to the product.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Chang11
The SEA airport HH/DT are all dated and the rates bordering on rip-off when compared to the product.
What's a good alternative?
Old Feb 4, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
The fairly new HGI on South 188th Street, literally around the corner from one side of the DT, comes to mind. It was a pleasant property when we stayed there in 2019. You can find the FT thread here.

There are a multitude of Hilton brands with shuttles to SEA. We've stayed at most of them over the years. It depends what you're looking for.

We're satisfied using the definitely dated DT or Airport Hilton for quick overnight stays when they're competitively priced. YMMV.
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by Fredd; Feb 4, 2022 at 9:10 am Reason: Adding link
Old Feb 4, 2022, 9:13 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
The Doubletree Suites, Southcenter, is a nice hotel. And it had -- 4 years ago, so buyer beware -- one of the best breakfast buffets I've seen.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Fredd
The fairly new HGI on South 188th Street, literally around the corner from one side of the DT, comes to mind. It was a pleasant property when we stayed there in 2019. You can find the FT thread here.

There are a multitude of Hilton brands with shuttles to SEA. We've stayed at most of them over the years. It depends what you're looking for.

We're satisfied using the definitely dated DT or Airport Hilton for quick overnight stays when they're competitively priced. YMMV.
Originally Posted by cblaisd
The Doubletree Suites, Southcenter, is a nice hotel. And it had -- 4 years ago, so buyer beware -- one of the best breakfast buffets I've seen.
I'm trying to stick with Marriott, Hyatt, and Hilton. Which hotel from those three chains is the newest around Seatac?
Old Feb 5, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Originally Posted by lsquare
I usually settle for the lowest price not quality (very dated, but clean), the Doubletree Suites Southcenter. When going out of SEA usually going/returning from Asia, late AM departure or after long all-night flight. There are three so we need a suite too. I have a long drive too.

None of the Hilton/DoubleTree are new. I would guess all built around the same time.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Anyone have an email address for a staffer or reception at this one they can share? Will try and contact someone there in advance.Just booked Seatac Doubletree for 1 night before our 24 hours of flights SEA-SIN-Sydney.

Assumed it was a usual Doubletree standard so used the HH non-refundable rate as it saved $20. BIG mistake! Probably cannot get a refund now so need to pray for as good a room as we can, as other benefits seem ZERO for Diamonds!

Out of curiosity went and read TripAdvisor reviews which were ONE star, and Golds and Diamonds and other saying it was run down, smelly, with rude desk staff and 1 hour check in lines, hour wait for shuttle, often no Diamond recognition, etc, etc, etc. I should have read it first.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g58732-d100597-Reviews-DoubleTree_by_Hilton_Hotel_Seattle_Airport-SeaTac_Washington.html#REVIEWS

Hilton should surely remove this old property from the Franchise as clearly it has not been updated for some decades, and is understaffed. Or pressure owners to lift their game.

We do NOT want to start a long journey back home being angry at a cruddy Hilton. It has no lounge so why book a clearly Days Inn type stay at double those rates!?

We have a 9am flight so will be out of door at 6am so breakfast no issue. Please READ these reviews would ANYONE book here?

Kevin K wrote a review Sep 14

Faribault, Minnesota2 contributions

Tried hotel 2x. Failed both times!

As a Hilton Diamond Member I stay many nights in hotels across the US. I have never put a review on here before on ANY hotel in over 3 years! But wanted to warn folks about this one.

First off, the Hotel is very understaffed, lines for everything from front desk to shuttle. I tried this location twice as I have been looking for a home base for an upcoming long-term project in the area.

First off, the hotel is DIRTY. As a Diamond member the best they could do was a room with dated and chipped and worn furniture, a dirty balcony with no chairs, etc. with a "Mountain View". It looked over the heating plant to the complex, and into the windows of the adjacent hotel. I went to the front desk and after waiting and waiting in line even in the Diamond line, I expressed my dissatisfaction. All I was told was sorry.

Like I said I stayed twice. I was supposed to get a credit for food and beverage. NONE appeared. It was both times that they neglected to give me this credit. Even if the credit had been applied it wasn't worth it, food at the location is very bad!

When I arrived at SEA, I went to catch the shuttle at the airport. I was told sorry we are full. The next morning, I had a flight out and asked about the shuttle. They said they are here every 15 minutes. I waited for more than 25 minutes and when I went to get on the 1/2 empty shuttle, I was told this shuttle was for crew only and I would have to wait another 1/2 hr for a shuttle. I ended up paying for a taxi again.

Hilton has really let standards slip by using the Hilton name on this property. It is the caliber of a Clarion or Best Western at best. Very Sad. I am beginning to lose my faith in the Hilton brand with dated properties I have ran across while travelling across the US. I have recently been building my loyalty with a couple of other chains where I do not have nearly as high of status but am accommodated much better with people that seem to value loyalty.

Do yourself a favour and chose another brand in the area. I know I will!

texasdawn42004 wrote a review Sep 13

2 contributions

Severely short staffed

Hilton branded hotels are pretty standard in our travel. This was a stopover on the way to a cruise. Definitely not a detail oriented establishment. It's dated, but was at one time, a nice hotel. But, don't look to close! It's dirty and severely lacking in housekeeping. It's a large, conference style hotel. The lack of staff is really odd. I know in every business, staff is in short supply, but this was near skeletal. We found trash under the table, glasses were dirty, but covered in paper, floors were not vacuumed. Very dusty, on every surface.

We had issues with our air, talked with front desk multiple times. After 5 hours, the temperature was going up, not down. After, three hours they finally brought electric fans. Overall, for cost, I won't be using this hotel again.

Read less

Date of stay: September 2023

GrandTour49941674246 wrote a review Aug 2023

1 contribution

Terrible Hotel, do not recommend

Filthy, old, and outdated. The area is sketchy and unsafe. Transients roaming the property. Check in line was ridiculously slow even though there were three people at counter. Room was on the far end of property. I had to walk long hallways, go outside, then enter another building. Did not feel safe walking. Very disappointed in the hotel especially since I paid $260 for a dirty room! Very surprised since most Hilton hotels are nice. Will never stay here again.

Bre'zee wrote a review Jul 2023

Dubuque, Iowa15 contributions6 helpful votes

1 star hotel at best.

Horrible run down filthy hotel. Old stinky stained carpets. For 300+ $ a night and you can't even put a refrigerator in the room!? Do basic upkeep? I have stayed in days inn nicer than this piece of $#+ hotel. Only 1 person checking people in waited in line for an hour to check in And the 30 people behind me probably 2 hours. The restaurant your gonna pay over 25$ for a burger. You can take your free cookies and shove them. Will never stay here again. Would advise people to steer clear of this hotel. What happened to the standards of Hilton? Hilton get your $t together!

etc, etc, etc.
lsquare and Fredd like this.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 10:56 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Anyone have an email address for a staffer or reception at this one they can share? Will try and contact someone there in advance.Just booked Seatac Doubletree for 1 night before our 24 hours of flights SEA-SIN-Sydney.

Assumed it was a usual Doubletree standard so used the HH non-refundable rate as it saved $20. BIG mistake! Probably cannot get a refund now so need to pray for as good a room as we can, as other benefits seem ZERO for Diamonds!

Out of curiosity went and read TripAdvisor reviews which were ONE star, and Golds and Diamonds and other saying it was run down, smelly, with rude desk staff and 1 hour check in lines, hour wait for shuttle, often no Diamond recognition, etc, etc, etc. I should have read it first.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g58732-d100597-Reviews-DoubleTree_by_Hilton_Hotel_Seattle_Airport-SeaTac_Washington.html#REVIEWS

Hilton should surely remove this old property from the Franchise as clearly it has not been updated for some decades, and is understaffed. Or pressure owners to lift their game.

We do NOT want to start a long journey back home being angry at a cruddy Hilton. It has no lounge so why book a clearly Days Inn type stay at double those rates!?

We have a 9am flight so will be out of door at 6am so breakfast no issue. Please READ these reviews – would ANYONE book here?

Kevin K wrote a review Sep 14

Faribault, Minnesota2 contributions

Tried hotel 2x. Failed both times!

As a Hilton Diamond Member I stay many nights in hotels across the US. I have never put a review on here before on ANY hotel in over 3 years! But wanted to warn folks about this one.

First off, the Hotel is very understaffed, lines for everything from front desk to shuttle. I tried this location twice as I have been looking for a home base for an upcoming long-term project in the area.

First off, the hotel is DIRTY. As a Diamond member the best they could do was a room with dated and chipped and worn furniture, a dirty balcony with no chairs, etc. with a "Mountain View". It looked over the heating plant to the complex, and into the windows of the adjacent hotel. I went to the front desk and after waiting and waiting in line even in the Diamond line, I expressed my dissatisfaction. All I was told was sorry.

Like I said I stayed twice. I was supposed to get a credit for food and beverage. NONE appeared. It was both times that they neglected to give me this credit. Even if the credit had been applied it wasn't worth it, food at the location is very bad!

When I arrived at SEA, I went to catch the shuttle at the airport. I was told sorry we are full. The next morning, I had a flight out and asked about the shuttle. They said they are here every 15 minutes. I waited for more than 25 minutes and when I went to get on the 1/2 empty shuttle, I was told this shuttle was for crew only and I would have to wait another 1/2 hr for a shuttle. I ended up paying for a taxi again.

Hilton has really let standards slip by using the Hilton name on this property. It is the caliber of a Clarion or Best Western at best. Very Sad. I am beginning to lose my faith in the Hilton brand with dated properties I have ran across while travelling across the US. I have recently been building my loyalty with a couple of other chains where I do not have nearly as high of status but am accommodated much better with people that seem to value loyalty.

Do yourself a favour and chose another brand in the area. I know I will!

texasdawn42004 wrote a review Sep 13

2 contributions

Severely short staffed

Hilton branded hotels are pretty standard in our travel. This was a stopover on the way to a cruise. Definitely not a detail oriented establishment. It's dated, but was at one time, a nice hotel. But, don't look to close! It's dirty and severely lacking in housekeeping. It's a large, conference style hotel. The lack of staff is really odd. I know in every business, staff is in short supply, but this was near skeletal. We found trash under the table, glasses were dirty, but covered in paper, floors were not vacuumed. Very dusty, on every surface.

We had issues with our air, talked with front desk multiple times. After 5 hours, the temperature was going up, not down. After, three hours they finally brought electric fans. Overall, for cost, I won't be using this hotel again.

Read less

Date of stay: September 2023

GrandTour49941674246 wrote a review Aug 2023

1 contribution

Terrible Hotel, do not recommend

Filthy, old, and outdated. The area is sketchy and unsafe. Transients roaming the property. Check in line was ridiculously slow even though there were three people at counter. Room was on the far end of property. I had to walk long hallways, go outside, then enter another building. Did not feel safe walking. Very disappointed in the hotel especially since I paid $260 for a dirty room! Very surprised since most Hilton hotels are nice. Will never stay here again.

Bre'zee wrote a review Jul 2023

Dubuque, Iowa15 contributions6 helpful votes

1 star hotel at best.

Horrible run down filthy hotel. Old stinky stained carpets. For 300+ $ a night and you can't even put a refrigerator in the room!? Do basic upkeep? I have stayed in days inn nicer than this piece of $#+ hotel. Only 1 person checking people in waited in line for an hour to check in And the 30 people behind me probably 2 hours. The restaurant your gonna pay over 25$ for a burger. You can take your free cookies and shove them. Will never stay here again. Would advise people to steer clear of this hotel. What happened to the standards of Hilton? Hilton get your $t together!

etc, etc, etc.
I recall a forum post that it is possible to get a refund for nonrefundable rates in the US if you call Hilton reservations and book an alternative hotel at the same time.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.