Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport {US-WA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport {US-WA}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2001, 6:35 pm

staying in it right now first time here...

Gold VIP: was upgraded to "the towers", but not the Presidential Suite, didn't know it existed...

my room is spacious, has new furniture, carpet is clean... I was given breakfast certificates without asking... they are worth $10 off any menu items... nice bar downstairs, HUGE screen to watch the footbal game...

overall, a very pleasant stay!
Old Dec 25, 2001, 10:42 am

Doubletree Club in Renton, WA. Am I mistaken

I am from S. Cal. I was driving around Renton, WA (not in Renton, but really close). I saw a highrise building that said Doubletree Club. It was close to a mall or shopping center. When I did a search on Hilton's site to make a reservation, nothing came up as Doubletree Club.

Does anyone know what property this is. Or was a hallucinating from all of the caffeine in my Starbucks?
Old Dec 25, 2001, 10:56 am

I was Seattle last week, I think Renton is nearby... as you can tell, I am not familiar with the area...

however, there is a DoubleTree right off I-5 and it is adjacent to the SouthCenter mall and other stores... it is on the East side of I-5 close to SEA...

the one I am talking about is not a DTree Club, but a regular DTree...

there's a CompUSA, BestBuy and a large shopping mall...

[This message has been edited by EWR-COflyer (edited 12-25-2001).]
Old Dec 25, 2001, 12:59 pm

I guess this is the hotel you have seen:

Doubletree Hotel Seattle Airport
18740 Pacific Highway South, Seattle, WA 98188
Tel: 1-206-246-8600 Fax: 1-206-431-8687

Adjacent to Seattle Tacoma International Airport, one mile from I-5 and 20 minutes south of downtown Seattle, we provide 24-hour complimentary airport shuttle service.

http://www.doubletree.com/en/dt/hote...tyhocn=CTAC-DT
=======================================
I have been in the Hilton Garden Inn in Renton. It was new and clean and not expensive.
Old Dec 25, 2001, 7:14 pm

I did not check the website, but this is from memory. The Pacific Coast Hwy DTree is the SEATAC DTree; there was a DTree Suites in Tukwilla in the Southcenter Mall area (not to be confused with the old DTree that converted to a RedLion). There's also a HGI in Renton and the renovated SEATAC Hilton.
Old Feb 18, 2002, 1:02 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

SEA Doubletree question

I'm staying at this hotel tomorrow on a Priceline rate [$30]. I've read through past threads and see that there's a newer tower within the hotel.

As a HH Gold on a Priceline stay, would that help me get a room in that tower or am I pretty much out of luck? Past posts also indicates that this hotel is pretty inconsistent following HHonors policies for Gold & Diamond members.

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Where do I go catch the shuttle at SEA to the hotel? I'll be arriving on Air Canada.
Old Feb 18, 2002, 5:40 am

I stayed there in Decemeber, not at priceline rate. Nice place, get the new tower if you can. I got that without asking, got gold benefits without asking, nice bigger than normal room, nice breakfast. Shuttle is well signposted and hotel is only 2 mins drive from terminal. I'd stay there again.
Old Feb 18, 2002, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Hmm, the tower isn't new. It's the original block when it was the Red Lion. The sprawling motel units are the addition (FWIW, this is the 2nd largest Doubletree with 800+ rooms thus the property participates in Priceline to move the rooms).

Shuttle is every 1/4 hr all day/night. You have to get across the walkway to the shuttle area. Level 3 of the car park IIRC.

You can walk to the hotel from the terminal. It's about 10 minutes from the south end (did it 11 Sept. when the airport was being shut down), about 5 minutes more from the north end.

[This message has been edited by terenz (edited 02-18-2002).]
Old Feb 18, 2002, 5:41 pm

They used to upgrade golds/diamonds on priceline stays and provide free breakfast. My last two times they did not and they explained "accounting" had changed priceline stay assignments in the hotel.
Old Feb 18, 2002, 6:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: QF Platypus UA PE MM HH Diamond
Empress: I just stayed there, as a Diamond, on a priceline booking. Upgraded automatically to tower and provided with breakfast coupons too. Though I charged a bit to the account, no miles/HH points were posted. Was naturally happy to receive u/g and breakfast, and all for <$30 per night.
Koala
Old Feb 25, 2002, 10:22 pm

rates at SEATAC Doubletree...

Is something going on in SEA on Mar 18? perhaps this is just seasonal, but I paid about $75 a night there in Dec and now it is ~$125 for the best rate.

My stay there was very pleasant and I would like to stay at that property again.

Besides Priceline, anyone have any tips? I'd like to get this at least under $100 (corporate guidelines).
Old Feb 26, 2002, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
There's no guarantee you'll get this on Priceline anymore. In addition to the possibility of getting the Red Lion in South Center, the airport Radisson has been popping up as 3* (that's what I got for April).
Old Feb 26, 2002, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
my experience is that their rate changes from week to week. I've been able to get $99 or $125 depending on the week and how far advance I book.
Old Feb 26, 2002, 12:36 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
You might want to go with Hotwire. In Dallas I was able to stay at the DoubleTree at the Lincoln Centre,twice for $53 a night. It's a gamble with Hotwire, but less than Priceline, since you know the price upfront. Just make sure that the Hotel is 4 stars or higher.
I also got HHonor points and miles for staying there by using Hotwire.
Old Feb 26, 2002, 6:43 pm

I went with the DTree @ SouthCenter. I haven't stayed there, but I've been to SouthCenter... certainly more dining options!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.