Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport {US-WA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport {US-WA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2005, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They have it but it is $9.95/day as I remember.

MisterNice
Old Nov 17, 2005, 4:51 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Platinum, Amex Centurion HHonors Gold, Lifetime AA Admirals Club
Seattle SeaTac Doubletree

I stayed there late October for an AA mileage run from JFK. Got a big modern room in the tower, high floor. Fast check in, elevators confusing to find, thought. Checked in 11 pm out by 6 am so no time for breakfast. Fast service at front desk, no complaints, will def. stay there again, found $72. a night web special.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 9:56 am

Try Embassy @ Sea Tac

Personally, I was much more impressed with the Embassy off I-5 and 405 near the mall. The $89.00 rate (non-ref) was great for the rooms and amenities. Breakfast is really good and the drinks were not bad either. Not premium, but good anyway. They have an internet connection right in the lobby (1st come, 1st serve) that is free as well as the in-room Wi-Fi charge. Shuttle service is quick. We are definitely going to stay there the next time that we visit.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Stayed here a few months back, $35 on priceline. Was offered an upgrade to Towers for $10, they only had rooms w/ 2 beds (no Kings) available so I declined.

Property is very spread out, quite a walk to my room. It was clean and fine for $35. Toilet ran for awhile quite loudly after flushing, annoying in the middle of the night (kept bathroom door closed after flushing to dampen the noise).

I did order a room service breakfast in the morning. They left off one of the items I ordered and I was in too big a hurry to have them correct it. Mentioned it at checkout and they comped the whole breakfast.

All in all no complaints for $35 but I'd have been unhappy paying much more...
Old Nov 24, 2005, 1:26 am
DJC

Programs: AC - Super Elite, AA - Platinum, DL - Basic, HHonors - Gold, SPG - Platinum, Fairmont - Gold
Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
stayed there last night which happened to be during norwestcon. i walked in and a guy jumped out with a sword and said "stand fast, nave!".
I was there at Norwestcon time last year. I, too, did a doubletake when I arrived on a late flight from ORD and saw people in various costumes wandering around the hotel. To make it worse, even though I was upgraded, the "Magic - the Gathering Pyjama Party" was taking place in the room next door and it took quite a few calls down to the front desk to get them to quiet their gathering down a little (I have successfully prevented myself from even beginning to imagine what was going on there).

I always tend to spend a very short amount of time at the DT just by virtue of the fact that I am generally coming in on a reasonably late flight from ORD and am just overnighting to get the first flight to YYJ at the crack of dawn. They've always moved me up to their "club floor" and I probably end up in a suite 50% of the time. However, the hotel is certainly getting a little tired and the rooms do have what I dub "motel smell". If you can get a decent rate ($45 looks good to me), it's probably worthwhile.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 11:16 pm

Update on the hotel

Here's a little update on the hotel, for posterity...

I just checked in using a Priceline res, asked for a tower room if they're available because "I heard they're the cool rooms". Res agent told me that it's $10 more and I figured what the heck, I just flew in from London, let's treat myself a little.

Turns out the $10 more (on top of prepaid Priceline res) got me a corner suite (with an honest-to-goodness balcony) on the 10th floor. Very spacious, and the balcony wraps around the corner of the building. If it weren't so chilly in SEA right now, I'd consider this one of the better hotel deals I've seen around. Balcony overlooks the airport if you like to watch that kind of thing. There appears to be free wireless for HHonors members (is there a HHonors floor?), but the provided wired connection also appears to be free, as I'm typing from it right now.

Very suite (hahahahah ) deal, and so far, I would recommend this to anyone overnighting in SEA as I am.

Cheers.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 11:48 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Some of the rooms are a long ways from the lobby entrance where you grab the shuttle bus. I'd sacrifice a view for avoiding the extra minutes of walking late at night from the airport and early in the morning to the airport.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 12:55 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, HH Gold, dirt loads of places.
Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
stayed there last night which happened to be during norwestcon. i walked in and a guy jumped out with a sword and said "stand fast, nave!". for once in my life i didn't have anything clever to say and was like "is this the doubletree?". there were hundreds of people dressed as either goths or klingons or the cast of robin hood men in tights.
Oddly enough, I was there during Norwescon too, although I was there for the con.

There was high speed Internet access in the room, though IIRC it was wired, not wireless.

IME, I'd take the DT over the SEATAC Hilton any day. My last two stays at the Hilton were appalling. On the first I ordered a veal chop in Spencers and got pork. Not a big deal, but the restaurant manager then tried to convince me that the pork was actually veal. On the second I encountered the rudest, most offensive bartender I've ever met, and I've drunk in some pretty downscale bars. That's one property I'll never use again.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium
I just stayed there this past week for what was an OK experience.

I was in a Tower Room, but not on the Executive Floor (if it even existed). Actually, I ended up on a 4th floor double room which should have been a king room.

As a Gold, they did give me $10/night for breakfast. I chose to pay like $2 for the hot breakfast buffet which had very limited selection.

I checked-in around 10:30 PM to a somewhat grumpy agent. I asked about breakfast, and he said there was none. I had to call later to get the voucher. I was also granted a late check-out till 2 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 11:13 am

Programs: DL DM, HH diamond
Doubletree at Seatac (Seattle Airport) - recent stays/reports?

I've done a search but I can't seem to find the answer to these questions.

Has anyone stayed at the Doubletree in Seatac recently? I understand that the hotel's being remodeled - any idea what proportion of the rooms have already been updated?

Also, is there an Exec Lounge at this property? Just wondering what to expect. I'm an HH Gold.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA, HH, Starwood, Hyatt, Marriott
I stay there a couple of times per week. The common areas - the lounge/coffee bar area in particular are indeed under construction. But it is not distracting at all. I've never actually seen them work, yet things keep changing!

The 4 old wings of the property are indeed old or VERY authentically decorated 70s Retro!! If they try to put you there, simply ask sweetly to be given a room in the tower. They will definitely recognize even your Gold status, if you ask. I don't think they have a lounge, per se. But they do give you a choice of $10 off any of their restaurants as your "My Way" check-in amenity. But I usually just take the 1000. There may be a lounge, but they've never offered it to me (as a Gold), so I'm assuming you would have the same experience.

As far as room renovations, I'm not sure. The tower is definitely nicer than the 4 "low" wings. The hallway carpets seem to be somewhat dirty. But the rooms are rather nice, I think. Free Wi-Fi in the common areas downstairs. Lots of people hang out in the large sportsbar/lounge area with their laptops without getting rushed out.

If you can get past the little things like that and get a good rate, then I think it is one of the best hotels at SEATAC. The Hilton is nicer, but it's almost impossible to get a decent discount rate. (Disclaimer: I've never stayed at the Radisson or Coast.) But the "full-service" hotels are IMO almost always nicer than the Hampton/Fairfield/HIExpress level of property that can be had 3 or 4 blocks away for approx $100/nt.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Jills
I stay there a couple of times per week. The common areas - the lounge/coffee bar area in particular are indeed under construction. But it is not distracting at all. I've never actually seen them work, yet things keep changing!

The 4 old wings of the property are indeed old or VERY authentically decorated 70s Retro!! If they try to put you there, simply ask sweetly to be given a room in the tower. They will definitely recognize even your Gold status, if you ask. I don't think they have a lounge, per se. But they do give you a choice of $10 off any of their restaurants as your "My Way" check-in amenity. But I usually just take the 1000. There may be a lounge, but they've never offered it to me (as a Gold), so I'm assuming you would have the same experience.

As far as room renovations, I'm not sure. The tower is definitely nicer than the 4 "low" wings. The hallway carpets seem to be somewhat dirty. But the rooms are rather nice, I think. Free Wi-Fi in the common areas downstairs. Lots of people hang out in the large sportsbar/lounge area with their laptops without getting rushed out.

If you can get past the little things like that and get a good rate, then I think it is one of the best hotels at SEATAC. The Hilton is nicer, but it's almost impossible to get a decent discount rate. (Disclaimer: I've never stayed at the Radisson or Coast.) But the "full-service" hotels are IMO almost always nicer than the Hampton/Fairfield/HIExpress level of property that can be had 3 or 4 blocks away for approx $100/nt.
Agree with all of the above but would add that I now stay at the ES when @ SEA TAC. It is about the same price and much newer.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 2:43 am

Programs: 2Peon, NW PLAT, HH Diamond & *W Fallen-from-Gold-Grace
I've had several stays at the DT recently.

-- Great staff, esp. Faraz.

-- Although dated, I like the tower for the views. Was given a corner room a couple weeks ago. A lil more space and two walls of windows was a nice surprise.

-- Was told the "wings" and the pool area have been redone.

-- No lounge, but computers are available in the Business Center.

-- Not impressed by their restaurant. I usually spend my $10 amenity on cookies to go.

The Hilton up the street is nice, but no views. (The preferred view is of the interior courtyard.) Only has 3 stories. Great restaurant though. Love the Bell staff. Funding for an Exec. Lounge has recently been approved.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 7:13 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

A vote for the Hilton or Radisson

The Hilton is our Seatac hotel of choice....the restaurant ( Spencer's) is one of the best steak houses in Seattle. We have also stayed at the Radisson (although this hotel changes ownership once a year lately) and found the beds to be the most comfortable of all the airport hotels. The Radisson is also within walking distance to the Hilton so you can have a meal at Spencer's and walk back to your room. I found the Doubletree too big, too dark, and too far from Spencers.......
Old Jun 6, 2007, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by david4455
The Hilton is our Seatac hotel of choice....the restaurant ( Spencer's) is one of the best steak houses in Seattle.
Really? My one experience there for breakfast bordered on pathetic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.