Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport {US-WA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by dmarge18
Any recent stays here? Debating between here and the Southcenter Doubletree for an overnight layover. I've stayed at both in the past and both were fine; a nice upgrade or full breakfast would be helpful.
Southcenter does not upgrade into corner suites - like Delta, they prefer those go empty if necessary for "product integrity." However, elites get a full breakfast without copay.

​​​
Old Apr 13, 2018, 8:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Southcenter does not upgrade into corner suites - like Delta, they prefer those go empty if necessary for "product integrity." However, elites get a full breakfast without copay.

​​​
I remember them having a good breakfast with no copay at the southcenter one, but I did get a corner suite upgrade for a 7 night stay there once. Just got lucky I guess.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I should say that the Southcenter front end manager who knows me by sight will often offer me an upgraded corner room. The other front desk people don't ever do so, and the one time I asked about it, the clerk was less than thrilled I brought it up. I had selected an online room that "wasn't ready" by 3PM; after mumbling an agreement to consider a corner room, that one suddenly "cleared" as available, much to his relief.

Haven't been to the Airport DT in a while, growing tired of their ever-changing bean-counter elite food credit. Has gone from: usable at dinner, breakfast only for cold only, then full breakfast, then cold only again. Good at coffee stand for $10, but ... NO prices indicated for items! Ugh!

Regarding recognition, I had a waitress at the Airport Crowne Plaza recognize me a while ago, determining it was from her time at the nearby Hilton a couple of years before that: "You're the guy who always brought a book to breakfast!"

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Apr 14, 2018 at 10:05 am
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Haven't been to the Airport DT on a while, growing tired of their ever-changing bean-counter elite food credit. Has gone from: usable at dinner, breakfast only for cold only, then full breakfast, then cold only again. Good at coffee stand for $10, but ... NO prices indicated for items! Ugh!
Good summary!
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:16 am

Haven't been to the Airport DT in a while, growing tired of their ever-changing bean-counter elite food credit. Has gone from: usable at dinner, breakfast only for cold only, then full breakfast, then cold only again. Good at coffee stand for $10, but ... NO prices indicated for items! Ugh!
Is it only good for the coffee stand or at a minimum it can be used for continental (with hopefully only a small upcharge)?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any hot items trigger an upcharge of, I believe, $8.95.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:14 am

Thanks!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
That's exactly right and still in effect as of our stay two nights ago. We've stayed here literally dozens of times over the years, and several factors combined to make this a very "meh" stay.

We had booked a "reverse" park and fly rate, staying the night we returned from Europe. The parking valets are gone since our previous stay and it's now all self-park. We managed to find a corner spot to minimize bumps and scrapes.

The shuttle bus from the airport took its usual route through the parking lot and we ended up stuck along with several cars for upwards of 10 minutes behind barricades that weren't working until somebody who could fix them responded.

They have about 850 rooms but only two employees at the check-in counter circa 5:30 PM and we waited nearly 10 minutes to check in. It would have been longer in the non-elite line, which had a queue of 7 or 8.

There's a new menu and restaurant prices have all increased since our previous stay.

All employees were friendly and our tower room was decent. My latest theory is that they're concentrating their efforts on the conference/convention business to fill all those rooms and that individual stays aren't as much of a priority.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I had a recent stay here as the rate was lower than the Hilton. Walked over from Seatac. One other person in front of me in the Diamond/Gold check in line but it still took 15-20 minutes to check in as the person working the HH line also works the airline crew line (which seems to be a priority).
As a diamond was upgraded to a high floor tower room.
Breakfast hasnt changed, meager offerings for the continental buffet. $8.95 upcharge for the hot buffet (which includes omelettes prepared to order) or $10 off ordering ala crate from the menu. Considering that coffee, juice, and smoothies are free with the buffet but are charged individually if ordering off the menu choosing the $10 off will rarely save you money (coffee is $4.25) if you drink anything other than water at breakfast.
Walked back to the airport in the morning and straight through the precheck at security checkpoint 1 with no waiting (unlike check in at the DT).
Old Apr 19, 2019, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed here recently after a late arriving flight instead of the more expensive Hilton. Having faced their dismal check-in situation many times, I had my fingers crossed entering through the front doors. My situation wasn't too bad, but I think I encountered the most bored, robotic clerk possible.

Decided to forgo their poor value of a breakfast. However, when I got to the coffee stand on my way out they didn't have any customers, which had me regretting that I had checked out from my room ahead of time, too late to use my $10 credit with them. That's a better value than the restaurant, unless one gets there to find several flight attendants using their per diems, keeping the staff busy as baristas making up specialty drinks. I did notice that they have gone back to displaying the individual prices of items, rather than having to ask the staff about each one under consideration.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 3:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I have a reservation for here on 9/11-12. I just got an email from Hilton saying:

Due to the current travel environment, DoubleTree by Hilton Seattle-Airport has temporarily suspended operations and unfortunately will not be able to honor your reservation.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 7:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards, Delta, Alaska, Hilton, United
I also received a cancellation email from the SeaTac DoubleTree Reservations Supervisor canceling a reservation for 2 September.
The email went on to say they booked me at the nearby Hilton Seattle Airport.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport has been closed since March 31. At the moment the first night available for booking is 15 Sept (assuming they don't delay reopening).
Master List of Closed Hilton-family Hotels due to Covid-19

The Doubletree Suites Seattle Airport - Southcenter is still open.

[MENTION=2772]cblaisd[/MENTION] - you might want to move these last few posts to this thread:
Old Feb 3, 2022, 7:27 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 2/1 to 2/2

Location: The hotel is located a little south of SEA on International Blvd. It's very close to the airport and is probably walkable if you don't mind the weather. Nearby are a few other hotels, a Dennys, a Taco Bell that's open late, a Hawaiian joint, Thai joint and liquor store all within a block or two of the hotel.

Hotel: The hotel itself is a sprawling complex consisting of some low rise buildings along with the main tower. The lobby has a business center, breakfast restaurant, gift shop, coffee shop, and a bar that serves dinner. Self parking is paid here and they have their own lot. There's also a fitness center and pool.

Check In: I was thanked for being a Diamond and told I was upgraded to the main tower but not to a suite.

Room: The room was large which is a good thing though very dated. On the plus side there was a desk, decent sized bathroom, small kitchen area with a separate sink. The Wifi worked well and there were outlets near the bed. The furniture and decor could with a bit of a refresh but it was comfortable overall.

Weird toiletries mix

Dining: Prices are absolutely absurd here. $28 for a burger, $24 for wings, the Diamond $15 credit covers very little of breakfast. I got the lox bagel and a club soda and it was $33. This hurt.

Absurd breakfast prices

Overall a decent option for the airport.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
Stay Report - 2/1 to 2/2

Absurd breakfast prices
Overall a decent option for the airport.
A fair review. Mrs. Fredd and I have stayed here frequently over the years including a few weeks ago. You're absolutely correct about the absurd food prices. The credit doesn't go very far when you're looking at a burger priced like that. I think food prices have close to doubled.

I'll add one point about their airport shuttle that might be useful to others. In our recent travels, we've learned after one bad experience (a Tru near DAL) to check shuttle availability. We "knew" the DT shuttle runs every 20 minutes, except it no longer does. As of our stay it's running every 30 minutes on the hour and half hour. We would have made our flight anyway, but it was a decent morning so we walked up to the airport, a leisurely 10-15 minute stroll.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.