Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Seattle Airport {US-WA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Seattle Airport {US-WA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Seattle Airport {US-WA}

Taken from DT parking lot to show relative positions of the properties

Main entrance - faces away from Doubletree

Property showed as available recently, so I grabbed it for a mattress run and write-up. They have a shuttle, which at this point is on-demand only; expecting to go to a fixed schedule as bookings increase during tourist season. I took the Doubletree shuttle (every 20 mins) from the airport, and walked slightly uphill to the HGI, which might be tricky with more than carryon or a single wheeled bag.

Checkin desk and pantry, with main entrance to the left, and elevators to the right

Acknowledged as Diamond by the clerk, who gave me the keys to my OLCI-selected room, went over the elite breakfast benefit, and approved a late-checkout of 2PM, though she warned me that would not be a "given" on repeat visits if they were busy. She also recommended the food at their restaurant, which sounded sincere enough that I visited later.

Chair was surprisingly comfortable, though could've used a footrest. There's another shelf setup on the other side.

Colorful prints help with gray paint scheme - power sockets to the right in front of my jacket.

Nice view! Courtyard seating would've been soggy that day, but should be a good place to hang out in better weather (main entrance to the left offscreen).

I selected the room without being able to see a floor diagram, but worked out well as being at the end of the corridor on the top floor. No pic of bathroom, but there's a toilet, walk-in shower (with grab bar) and sink with decent area to spread out. Brand-standard microwave and coffee machine (Keurig) across from bathroom. Desk and both sides of bed feature 2 AC and 2 usb sockets each. Room was clearly HGI standard, but had the feel of a Marriott-brand AC to me. I'm sensitive to noise and light, and this stay excelled on both counts!

Bar and seating at tables nearby when busy

Stopped by for food and wine, coming away pleasantly surprised. The tomato bisque had a bit of "bite" to it to show it wasn't run-of-the-mill, and the veggie burger avoided being dry; profuse apologies for being out of avocado as a topping, so I opted for cheese. I had white wine, beer selection similar to other HGI's (half dozen on tap I believe), as well as cocktails. Menu was individualized to the property enough to avoid a Dennys-like experience.

Open door to staff-only prep/service area with chef's counter to the left.

Buffet counter and tables - more seating offscreen to the right and along wall to the left

Granted they are new, so especially eager to make a good impression, but I came away finding breakfast a great experience. Server asked immediately if I'd like something cooked to order, which was delivered promptly; Yeah, I'm looking at YOU Bellevue! A bit of confusion that juice is kept in the staff area, but the servers (there were two on duty and I was the only guest at the time) were truly interested in my explanations that some properties handle breakfast slightly differently. Ran across the food and beverage supervisor later, and when I complimented her on my omlet, she graciously replied, "He (the cook) is great with eggs, we're lucky to have him!"

So, in summary, it's definitely a nicer, personalized experience than the Doubletree, though costs a bit more. Sorry that I cannot address the gym or parking details.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Looks great. It's nice to have a slightly higher end option than the two Hampton Inns and something less... gigantic and worn than the DoubleTree.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by missamo80
Looks great. It's nice to have a slightly higher end option than the two Hampton Inns and something less... gigantic and worn than the DoubleTree.
Agreed! Thanks for the comprehensive review and accompanying photos, Points Scrounger. ^
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Nice to have another alternative. But I do like the greenspace around the pool of the DT on a nice day.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Thanks for the review and great pictures!

I assume the room has a fridge? How about closet and storage space? I ask because some hotels (like the Hampton Inn up the road) are getting rid of regular closets and drawers for storage when they renovate. Hopefully an HGI wouldn't stoop so low. Also, is the room air conditioner one of those units by the window?

Their website says that parking is free so that should give some competition to the DT and Hilton. It could also help justify a slightly higher rate for those who want to park there overnight. I didn't see any park n fly options along with their other rates but they may not be interested in getting into that market.

I did call and ask about the hotel shuttle (before this thread was started) and the woman I spoke with was very helpful. So nice to speak with a hotel rep who has a positive friendly attitude. We'll definitely plan on giving this place a try.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Thanks for the review and great pictures!

I assume the room has a fridge? How about closet and storage space? I ask because some hotels (like the Hampton Inn up the road) are getting rid of regular closets and drawers for storage when they renovate. Hopefully an HGI wouldn't stoop so low. Also, is the room air conditioner one of those units by the window?

Their website says that parking is free so that should give some competition to the DT and Hilton. It could also help justify a slightly higher rate for those who want to park there overnight. I didn't see any park n fly options along with their other rates but they may not be interested in getting into that market.

I did call and ask about the hotel shuttle (before this thread was started) and the woman I spoke with was very helpful. So nice to speak with a hotel rep who has a positive friendly attitude. We'll definitely plan on giving this place a try.
Microwave and fridge like other HGI. I didn't pay much attention to the closet space I'm afraid, but I vaguely recall a small closet (again similar to HGI standard).

My short term memory isn't terrific, but I recall checking the unit by the window which had one of those "use wall thermostat for settings" notices instead of direct controls. I had no issue in that regard.
​​​​
The grab bar mention was an observation with you in mind.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
...The grab bar mention was an observation with you in mind.
Awww. You're so kind to remember. I do enjoy a nice grab bar in the shower.

(For those who wonder what this is about I made a comment in the Marriott forum about preferring a shower with a grab bar. This kind soul remembered.)
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I’m here now. This is a pleasant change from the Hilton and the DT. As noted earlier, it is next (to the east) to the DT. I arrived late and the shuttle arrived about 7 minutes after I called. The shuttle (24 hours) works to a schedule in the mornings at least and on demand other times. The alternative is to take the DT shuttle (no formal relationship between the hotels) or walk (which I often do to the DT when weather is nicer. Also, the hotel offers free parking which is a plus (both the hilton and DT charge).

Gym is fairly large with 7 cardio machines, 2 rowing machines, dumbells, and universal machine. Small enclosed pool next to the gym. High ceilings and lots of windows and light in both.

Being able to order an omelet, eggs, pancakes, or French toast without an upcharge makes this property a real alternative to the DT or Hilton. Did not use the bar as it was closed before my late arrival. As noted earlier, the outdoor seating would make this a nice spot in the summer and fall.

Everything is very clean and new, staff have all been friendly and helpful, and the public areas of the property are all very light and open. An excellent stay so far.

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Dec 16, 2019 at 1:00 pm
Old Jul 28, 2021, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Do any of the rooms at this HGI have views of Bow Lake? On short layovers I usually stay at the Doubletree but it has gotten pretty filthy.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 11:09 am

Had a 1-night stay here last week and was a bit disappointed by the lack of sound proof walls/windows in such a recent building. My room was facing the crossing S 188th St/32nd Ave (sort of) and the continuous flow of cars, sirens, honking trucks made it impossible for me to sleep. However, the breakfast was really good and the short walking distance to the airport is another plus (took the shuttle the night before but walked 15 minutes to the terminal the next morning).

Last edited by StanStorby; Jan 25, 2022 at 12:04 am Reason: Spelling error
Old May 8, 2023, 10:17 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Had a two-night stay in connection with a meeting nearby. I liked the hotel's location and the staff was friendly and competent.

There's now a $19/night parking fee (waived under the terms of my group meeting rate.)

Minor noise from the adjacent room could be heard. I was on the top floor (5th) and therefore didn't have any noise coming from a room above me (although I noticed that the build quality of the floors was such that the folks below me might have heard me moving around.) The other side of my room was an emergency stairwell, so no noise there.

Daily housekeeping was provided upon request.

Restaurant service was very good. Mixed selection at the breakfast buffet. Choices varied drastically from Saturday (buffet order only at $19 per person, choice of an omelet or pancakes) to Sunday (no pancakes available).

I'd stay here again if needing to be in the airport or south Seattle area.
Old May 9, 2023, 11:57 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Eeek, $10 credit for a $19 breakfast plus tax and tip.

Stayed here last year and didn't notice the sound issues, but thought it was a much better option than some of the other hotels for a one-night stay before taking a shuttle to the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.