Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2015, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by ccengct
Just checked into Hilton FRA as a Diamond and was informed that no HHonors benefits are available because my reservation was not made direct, as of October 1 (so he said). The standard HHonors T&C's permit reservations to be made by authorized travel agents using one of the primary global res systems. So, is this policy specific to the FRA property?
How did you make the reservation?

Sounds like you are having a rough go of it. Did they walk you all the way there from London? Ouch!
Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
Originally Posted by arlflyer
How did you make the reservation?
One of the big U.S. corporate travel agents, Tzell, who are IATA members and who use Amadeus. I emailed the HHonors help desk and am awaiting clarification from them.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by ccengct
One of the big U.S. corporate travel agents, Tzell, who are IATA members and who use Amadeus. I emailed the HHonors help desk and am awaiting clarification from them.
Sounds like the property went rogue. Let us know what you hear.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 3:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Hilton Frankfurt Airport

Hilton Frankfurt Airport

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hilton Frankfurt Airport

The Squaire Am Flughafen Frankfurt, DE 60549

Hilton Frankfurt Airport (6 Photos)

Hilton Frankfurt Airport

Check In

I arrived here in the evening and got a warm welcome.  It is a little bit of a trek from the terminal although is technically attached!  There is a Hilton and a Hilton garden Inn that share almost the same entrance.

IMG_0178.JPG

Room

My room was upgraded to an Executive King as I am a Diamond Member.  The room was really well equipped and I got 2 bottles of water and some chocolates, along with a nice welcome note.

The bathroom was really modern and the shower was powerful.  There was also a separate bath with shower head so I can assume that parents would be happy with this room too!

The bed was slightly hard for my tastes - as I find all Hilton beds to be but the room was cozy and I slept well.

IMG_0182.JPGIMG_0184.JPG

Service

At all times everyone was friendly and super attentive.  Check-in and out was a breeze and the lady in the Executive lounge was also very friendly despite working hard!

Dining

I had the evening canapés in the Executive lounge and thought they were average.  There was pasta, and mini pizzas for the hot options.  The pasta was OK but not very exciting and the mini pizzas were very soggy - like they had been boiled!  There was a selection of cold snacks, mini sandwiches etc.

The white wine was very nice and they kept replenishing.  There was also a red and some spirits although not a great selection from what I can remember.

I also ate breakfast in the main restaurant - I could have had it in the lounge but thought there may be better choice in the restaurant.  There was, but only just.  The restaurant had the usual buffet of hot and cold items, no omelette station or the option to have anything cooked to order.

IMG_0192.JPGIMG_0193.JPGIMG_0204.JPG

The hotel is attached to the airport but please note it is still a bit of a walk to get to.  The signs are OK, although a little small and I am sure some miss them completely.

The hotel is also above the train station, but if you want to go into Frankfurt the platform is also a bit of a walk.  I only mention this as the hotel sells itself as being VERY close to these and if you have difficulty walking it is actually a bit of a trek.

Of note - the hotel handed a very handy little card with how to get into central Frankfurt by tain - ask for it as you may need it!

Overall

Overall, I really liked this modern hotel.  It was well equipped, had friendly staff and the lounge was one of the better ones.  I still wish Hilton could do better with the food for the evening snacks but that again is a personal taste.

If you want to stay attached to the airport this is a good choice - it is also pretty easy to get downtown from here so could be used as a base for wider tourism.

Hilton Frankfurt Airport

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Frankfurt Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Oct 16, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IHG
From the review by aks120: "The restaurant had the usual buffet of hot and cold items, no omelette station or the option to have anything cooked to order."

My stay was in August 2016, and the restaurant chef cooked 2 fried eggs for me when I asked the waiter for them.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:13 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Just a few additional pics to those (very nice ones and review) from aks120:

Bathtub: (to the right of the bathroom pic that aks120 took):

bathtub
by BA_pics, on Flickr

The work desk and TV area of the room:

desk and TV
by BA_pics, on Flickr

floor plan of the exec floor:

Hilton Frankfurt airport floor plan
by BA_pics, on Flickr

A close up of the sink design (I quite like it):

interesting sink basin
by BA_pics, on Flickr

A close up of the bedside reading lights (very Germanic I felt!):

modern German bed lights
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Very old school coffee/tea area in room: (no Nespresso!)

outdated kettle coffee tea area
by BA_pics, on Flickr

View from entrance as one enters such exec rooms;

view to room from entrance
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Hope these help give more info about the room, seems we just missed each other aks120! (and we were doing the same LAN787 run but different days!)

Safe travels, I can't say much about my stay as I had prepaid and then decided to fly on to the Paris FT DO...so, just checked in, had a quick look and then checked back out again...lounge was on the same floor so that would have been convenient had I stayed.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by BotB
_pics[/url], on Flickr

Hope these help give more info about the room, seems we just missed each other aks120! (and we were doing the same LAN787 run but different days!)

Safe travels, I can't say much about my stay as I had prepaid and then decided to fly on to the Paris FT DO...so, just checked in, had a quick look and then checked back out again...lounge was on the same floor so that would have been convenient had I stayed.
Yes - shame we could not meet up - I plan to do the trip again so that I actually fly on the LAN787

Regards

aks120
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Parking

What do folks recommend for parking at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport? Driving up there from STR and spending the night before meeting my sister off of a TATL flight the following morning.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 2:56 pm

Programs: US Platinum
Late check out on day rate?

Hello,
Do any folks have personal experience requesting for a late checkout on day rate? Standart check out is 6PM and I was wondering if a 8pm for Diamond is realist expectation
Old Nov 20, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by linas
Hello,
Do any folks have personal experience requesting for a late checkout on day rate? Standart check out is 6PM and I was wondering if a 8pm for Diamond is realist expectation
I'd call the Diamond Desk and ask them to contact hotel on your behalf.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 9:19 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
We returned to the FRA Hilton Garden Inn last week and were impressed. ^

A friendly receptionist welcomed me back, told me that it was my fourth stay and asked if I would like something else from the "Pantry" instead of the bottled water Diamond amenity. So we headed to our room (on the top floor) with two bottles of beer.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by IMH
asked if I would like something else from the "Pantry" instead of the bottled water Diamond amenity. So we headed to our room (on the top floor) with two bottles of beer.
Score!!! ^^
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Overnighted at FRA Hilton last night. Upgraded (on award stay) to King Deluxe Suite. It's a nice room, with cool leather furniture, Bose, and Nespresso machine. Shower was awesome. Quality of breakfast in the lounge was pretty good. Included eggs, bacon, and sausages, plus pastries, cold cuts, and fruit. Needed to change some dollars, and hotel's rate was much better than what was being offered in the terminal.

I was hoping for a tarmac view, but for those not familiar with the property, it's separated from the tarmac by the Sheraton and the terminal, which means no aircraft views. OTOH, it's a shorter walk from the arrivals and departures areas than I had gathered from some of the posts here. Less than 10 minutes.

Overall a good stay, but not perfect. Orange juice dispenser in lounge was broken. Internet went out this morning right when I needed it (and is also close to nonfunctional here in the SEN lounge). Long line to checkout (which I just skipped).
Old Mar 13, 2017, 6:15 am

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Long line to checkout (which I just skipped).
I think this is a particular problem with onsite airport hotels of any brand. You have a lot of people who aren't loyalty club members who have chosen the hotel based on convenience or because of a misconnect, so they have to go through the traditional checkout routine.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
Just had two stays at the FRA Hilton. As a Diamond was placed on the executive floor. I noticed that they no longer place two bottles of water and the small bin of chocolates as a welcome. Not a big deal, but noticeable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.