Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Hilton Phoenix Airport

Hotel Website:
http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/arizona/hilton-phoenix-airport-PHXAHHF/index.html
Address: 2435 South 47th Street, Phoenix, Arizona, 85034-6410, USA
Phone/Fax: TEL: 1-480-894-1600 FAX: 1-480-921-7844

HHonors Reward Category: 5

Other:
Hilton HHonors Properties in Phoenix (consolidated thread)
Print Wikipost

Hilton Phoenix Airport {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2013, 8:21 pm

Programs: LH 1*SEN
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
The food in the exec lounge was top flight for a US property. Would definetly go back just for the exec lounge and friendly staff.
I hope this is a joke for your own sake! If it is not, you really have a "special" taste

Originally Posted by stc
Also isn't it one of the only Hilton properties in Phoenix that even has a lounge?
No, absolutely not! There are many nice properties with a bar. And this is much better then this crappy "lounge"

Last edited by flylocal; Dec 6, 2013 at 9:21 pm
Old Dec 6, 2013, 8:40 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flylocal
No, absolutely not! There are many nice properties with a bar. And this is much better then this crappy "lounge"
I meant Executive Lounge.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by stc
I meant Executive Lounge.
There's nothing "executive" about that lounge...
Old Dec 6, 2013, 10:49 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
There's nothing "executive" about that lounge...
That's your opinion, obviously mine and some others disagree with you. The Phoenix Airport Hilton is my first choice Hilton property in Phoenix.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by stc
That's your opinion, obviously mine and some others disagree with you. The Phoenix Airport Hilton is my first choice Hilton property in Phoenix.
Well, I don't know... PHX (especially Scottsdale) is a very nice place. If you spend your time in a hole like this "lounge" at the Hilton Phoenix Airport... well, I don't find words...

(I am normally a big fan of good (!!!) airport- and hotel lounges. But I don't need a hole in the wall with nothing in it)
Old Dec 7, 2013, 7:10 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Flylocal - which Scottsdale properties do you like? I pass through phx now and then, but have only ever stayed near the airport. Now that I've hit all the hh properties in that vicinity, I'm read to branch out and try some of the nicer parts of the city.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 9:41 am
stc

Well, I don't know... PHX (especially Scottsdale) is a very nice place. If you spend your time in a hole like this "lounge" at the Hilton Phoenix Airport... well, I don't find words...

(I am normally a big fan of good (!!!) airport- and hotel lounges. But I don't need a hole in the wall with nothing in it)
YMMV, but IMO Scottsdale is full of a lot of snotty, rich, white people of privilege. And I am saying this as a 55yo white male with a very good job. Going to Scottsdale is a lot like going to Hawaii and staying in resorts or what I suspect going to the Hamptons would be like. I'd much prefer to stay at the Crescent in NW Phoenix or the Wigwam in Litchfield Park or the Biltmore before it went uber-upscale rather than Snotsdale. Similarly, I prefer to eat at Such as Life (before it closed) rather than yet another Ruth Chris.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by whimsey21
Flylocal - which Scottsdale properties do you like? I pass through phx now and then, but have only ever stayed near the airport. Now that I've hit all the hh properties in that vicinity, I'm read to branch out and try some of the nicer parts of the city.
I love the Camelback Inn, a Marriott property. Very nice. I also like the W Scottsdale. If you don't want to spend that money, there is the Hilton Garden Inn, located within the Old Town. Not better than the Hilton Airport but very nice location.

I mean the Hilton Airport is OK for a short overnight stay if you want nothing more than a beer and a bed. But I won't stay there anymore unless I have a very early morning flight out of PHX. And I hate early morning flights

Originally Posted by stc
Similarly, I prefer to eat at Such as Life (before it closed) rather than yet another Ruth Chris.
Yes, sometimes I do as well. In Scottsdale, there was this Mexican place called "Pink Taco". Unfortunately they closed too...
Old Dec 8, 2013, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
My last few trips have involved getting in fairly late and then flying out early the next day, but I'm going to try to swing a longer stay next time to see a bit more of the city. I'll take a look at the HGI you mentioned and also the Biltmore.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 1:32 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Yes, sometimes I do as well. In Scottsdale, there was this Mexican place called "Pink Taco". Unfortunately they closed too...
I remember Pink Taco across from the mall solely because of the name
Old Dec 8, 2013, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by NDDomer86
I remember Pink Taco across from the mall solely because of the name
I liked the place. Good food, nice people ^
Old Oct 12, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Thumbs up Stay Report

I arrived late and called for the shuttle (you do need to call) and I was told where to wait to meet the shuttle. I ask them what someone would do if they didn't have a phone to use and they said the information counter could call in those instances. So if you are traveling here from another country and do not want to make an expensive call you may keep that in mind.

At check in I was recognized for my Hilton Gold status with breakfast coupons and given internet access instructions. I was also given an appetizer coupon which was a nice and appreciated touch.

The room was pretty standard for a Hilton airport property with some of the newer bedding and furnishings but definitely some dated items as well. They are apparently starting a renovation effort and in the lobby you will see some photos of what they are putting in. I was happy enough with the room as it was though, clean and not too dated.

I did have dinner and breakfast at the restaurant and dinner was good with very good service. It is not the best meal I ever had but the food was better than standard hotel food and service was great. The bar area had some TV's and was not too boring as is typical with most airport hotel restaurant/bars. I did find breakfast on the lower end with regards to quality and offerings. It did the job but nothing I would look forward to every morning.

There didn't seem to be a lot in the immediate area around the hotel so it did seem that you are kind of locked in there if you don't have a car. The shuttle did leave the next morning on time and was at the airport in just a few minutes.

I liked this property and would stay here if I needed a stay near the airport or even if I didn't as it was well priced (at least for my dates) and a comfortable stay.

Old Oct 12, 2014, 8:52 pm

Hilton Phoenix Airport Trip Reports and Reviews

Not the same since Paul Gibson left. I have taken my business elsewhere. The issues are dated rooms, lousy shuttle service and cleanliness. The breakfast is still great but that does not make up for the other items. Aloft is a better choice and I am a Diamond.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by hakadaddy
Not the same since Paul Gibson left. I have taken my business elsewhere. The issues are dated rooms, lousy shuttle service and cleanliness. The breakfast is still great but that does not make up for the other items. Aloft is a better choice and I am a Diamond.
What is so great about the breakfast? Nothing special that I saw to be honest.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by mcgahat
What is so great about the breakfast? Nothing special that I saw to be honest.
I stayed there on-and-off for 8 weeks between July-August.

I thought the breakfast was the only redeeming quality of the property. It's a full buffet with an omelet bar. The buffet offerings changed every day. I'm talking about the big buffet in the back of the restaurant. Before they closed the lounge for renovations, the lounge breakfast was average, at best.

The grounds and rooms are incredibly dated. It is an old, dark, worn property. However, I did get the chance to tour some of the new rooms with the GM. The new rooms looked great and are a vast upgrade from the existing facilities.

The sales manager and the lady that runs the lounge were some of the nicest people I've met at a Hilton property.

The lounge is funny. It's Phoenix in the summer and it was 115+ outside every day. The lounge, without fail, has a heavy soup as one of the two snacks. I'm sorry, but I don't come in from the oven-like weather and want to have beef barley and a beer.

We had a great corporate rate, and I'd stay here again for the convenience. However, the high-season rates for this hotel are well above $160/night which is laughable. Maybe after the renovation is complete, those rates will be understandable, but at this point, I'd never stay here without a rate/discount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.