Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Hilton Phoenix Airport

Hotel Website:
http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/arizona/hilton-phoenix-airport-PHXAHHF/index.html
Address: 2435 South 47th Street, Phoenix, Arizona, 85034-6410, USA
Phone/Fax: TEL: 1-480-894-1600 FAX: 1-480-921-7844

HHonors Reward Category: 5

Other:
Hilton HHonors Properties in Phoenix (consolidated thread)
Print Wikipost

Hilton Phoenix Airport {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2001, 8:15 pm

Stayed there on Aug. 5th, courtesy of America West Airlines missing my connection. Checked in 9PM, checked out 5:30AM so I didn't enjoy the facilities much but although I was on an airline voucher I did get an upgrade to the executive floor.I could not enjoy breakfest because of an early flight the next morning. I'm waiting to see if this will post as a stay in my Hhonors account.
Nice hotel. One restaurant and one grill-bar. All the rooms facing the pool have balconies. I don't remember what about those facing outside.
Old Aug 9, 2001, 12:14 am

Aircop-
What are you doing on the computer at 4 am? No seriously, I have stayed there 3 times. Its fun to get away with the wife, plus I'm always looking to add more stays and get more points....They have some good specials at that property. I think I stayed there once for $79
Old Aug 9, 2001, 4:52 am

Location: Mesa, AZ., USA, DL Gold,CRC,WN whatever,AA nobody,HHonors Diamond,Starwood Gold, could careless about Rental Car Co's.
Pointman, you know I get home from work at that time of the morning. I did my point run at the Mesa Hilton for $79. You know how are summer rates are. It wasn't bad either. I will try the PHX Hilton sometime. Lets talk about the SFO Hilton sometime.
Old Aug 9, 2001, 1:42 pm

Myself and the Mrs. are staying at a Marriott resort in Scottsdale next weekend..... :-)
Old Aug 9, 2001, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
For stay runs in Phoenix consider the Glendale or Scottsdale Hampton Inns - I ussually get $49 there
Old Aug 9, 2001, 10:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire, HH Gold
I'm currently staying at the Phoenix Airport Hilton for $79.00/night for 4 nights. It has been fine, with a good lounge for breakfast, and free drinks and appetizers in the evenings. They have a great bartender: John. The only objection,as usual, is the telephone charges.
Old Aug 11, 2001, 5:48 am

Location: Mesa, AZ., USA, DL Gold,CRC,WN whatever,AA nobody,HHonors Diamond,Starwood Gold, could careless about Rental Car Co's.
Pointman>>>>How is the misses? Which Marriott? Can I stop in? I'll be at the LasVegas Hilton this Mon night and then looking for SFO Hilton soon. Need to chat about your SFO experience.CAAAAAAAALLLL!!
Old Oct 30, 2001, 6:50 pm

PHX Airport Hilton - Kudos

The 9-11 event seems to be a mighty
convenient excuse for many businesses to
do things that they'd been wishing to do
for years ... but were fearful of vocal
customer feedback. [thinking of the NYC
Hilton, AA clubs and NWA catering nonsense]

I would like to pat the PHX airport Hilton
folks on the back. Inspite of occupancy
reductions, the staff is aggressively
seeking, courting and asking how/what they
can do keep my business and enhance my
stay. It's not just one person, a surprising
nbr of staff seemed genuinely interested, not
just going-thru-the-mgt-says-we-must-ask
mumble.

For those that frequent this property; John
Marvin [club room conceirge] is still there
and a welcome change to personality-free
robots in the lodging industry.

-doug
Old Oct 31, 2001, 5:43 pm

I put some staff up there last month (at a $45.00/night rate, no less!), and they all had good reports. Ate a light dinner there one evening, and again, was very good.

JP
Old Oct 31, 2001, 7:12 pm

Programs: Many
Had a nice stay there this past summer. Very pleaseant staff.
Old Nov 4, 2001, 6:46 pm

Location: Flooded out of Metairie, LA--moved to Baton Rouge! AA EXP/2MM; AirTran Elite; DL Nobody; Marriott Uber Plat; *Wood Gold; Maker's Mark Ambassador
I stayed there two weeks ago and the entire facility was great. We had been hiking in the Grand Canyon and stayed at the PHX Airport location as we were flying out the next morning.
After spending several days in primitive campgrounds (no running water or flush toilets), the hotel was a welcome change. The stellar staff was an unexpected and pleasurable surprise.
We had two rooms but only one was ready as the Oregon or Oregon State (who cares which) football team fans were late checking out. We hung out in the Executive Lounge until the second room was ready.
We went down to the bar and the bartender changed one of the TV sets to ESPN2 so we could watch LSU play football--all other sets were watching the DiamondBacks.
Overall, the hotel and staff were fantastic and I would eagerly encourage anyone visiting PHX to stay at this site.

------------------
MetairieTraveler

If this Friday, then I must be sitting on an airplane drinking Makers' Mark and water.
Old Jun 12, 2002, 8:47 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Avoid PHX Airport Hilton

Really baad stay at PHX Airport Hilton the other day (I am Diamond):

1. Lounge not open for breakfast because employee did not show (or call).
2. Did get breakfast coupon to use at rest. -(o.k. fine) - went to restaurant to find 1 waitress (no other employees in site) trying to wait on 7 tables at once (this went on for approx. 30 minutes).
3. Various excuses by Asst. F&B Director (who finally showed up at 6:45).
4. Spoke to GM and expressed to him how disappointed I was as Diamond member having to go thru all that just to get a bowl of cereal. He was very unapologetic and defended his staffing levels. Then, he confessed that they have been having poroblems with no-show employee re: lounge and that (GM quote) "I am not surprised".

The GM was very rude and could not have cared less.

Also, TV had only 10 channels available.

The place is lousy - avoid it.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 2:20 am

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
That issue alone soured you on the whole place? One employee doesn't show up? Did he/she oversleep? Get into an accident on the way to work? Forget that he/she had to work that day....Whatever the reason, it happens. The bigger problem is that they didn't have a contingency plan to deal with it...

Then, you are surprised to find out that the restaurant server was overwhelmed. With the lounge being "closed" or unavailable, why is that a surprise? I guess they could probably have a buffet, but do they have the steady regular basis to support it?

The Asst. FB director showing up at 6:45: assuming (I know, bad word) that the lounge attendant had shown up as scheduled, there would never be a reason to know that this person was there or not (he/she is probably not setting up the lounge).... in your case, this guy probably showed up, as usual, and found himself to be in the weeds....

As to the GM, if he/she is making excuses and behaving the way you describe, then shame on him/her. However, he/she may have taken your complaint to be trivial...

If I were the GM, and not knowing anything more about your issues, I would consider it to be somewhat trivial: The lounge attendant did not show up (these things happen); they offered you an alternative. The alternative was not perfect, and given the circumstances, made a bad situation worse. Not making any excuses for the hotel management, they did have an employee scheduled. That employee did not show up. The hotel tried to accommodate, albeit not entirely successfully.

Did they offer you any compensation for your inconvenience? Your inconvenience is a missed breakfast. I would have reduced your bill by the amount of a breakfast.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 5:21 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
RRZ,

Here are my thoughts after reading your post.

I am so sick and tired of being attacked everytime I say anything remotely negative about a hotel or airline on these boards.

My issue(s) with the hotel went way beyond the one employee not showing up and the fiasco in the restaurant.

If you had read my post you would have seen that the real problem at that hotel is an ineffective and "could care less" GM.

Also, I spent like 85 nights last year with Hilton and 70 so far this year, and this does give me aright to my opinion.

And yes, you have a right to yours as well.

By the way, I do not recall my post saying anything about "compensation". Frankly, I do not need it - the breakfast is free to begin with. I have close to like 500K HHonors points and wrote the post to try and warn other HHonors people about the place.

Have a good day.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 10:18 am

"Also, TV had only 10 channels available."

This didn't help your commentary.

"The place is lousy - avoid it. "

Actually from your description the staff is lousy. We have no idea whether the place is lousy. Since no description of the room itself was included.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.