Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Hilton Phoenix Airport

Hotel Website:
http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/arizona/hilton-phoenix-airport-PHXAHHF/index.html
Address: 2435 South 47th Street, Phoenix, Arizona, 85034-6410, USA
Phone/Fax: TEL: 1-480-894-1600 FAX: 1-480-921-7844

HHonors Reward Category: 5

Other:
Hilton HHonors Properties in Phoenix (consolidated thread)
Print Wikipost

Hilton Phoenix Airport {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2006, 1:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Wirelessly posted (My IV to the Net: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7250/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I believe this was discussed in the last year or so and it seemed like the general consensus was that as a business traveller staying at higher end properties your company is paying for everything so tacking on a fee for HISA is accecptable, to the hotel.
And since everyone pays for it, they will continue to charge it.

HI are the only properties where I am not seeing the charge, across the board. I do not stay at HGIs though so can't speak to those.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 1:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Wirelessly posted (My IV to the Net: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7250/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I believe this was discussed in the last year or so and it seemed like the general consensus was that as a business traveller staying at higher end properties your company is paying for everything so tacking on a fee for HISA is accecptable, to the hotel.
And since everyone pays for it, they will continue to charge it.

HI are the only properties where I am not seeing the charge, across the board. I do not stay at HGIs though so can't speak to those.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by doglover
From what I have seen as you go up the chain from econo to luxe the more stuff that is ala carte. It's not just wifi, it's breakfast, etc etc. I guess the thinking is that as you move up the value-chain you start dealing with customers who are not focused on value rather than on prestige and ego of staying at the Ritz.
I agree......Just got back from a stay at the Atlanta Hilton downtown.

$9.95 day for WiFi, $12.00 day parking, $20+ a day taxes, $14.00 Cheesburger, etc.....

You want cheap econo and free WiFi......stick with Hampton and Garden Inn.

That's what I usually do
Old Mar 7, 2006, 5:52 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
I don't mind that I have to pay for Wi-Fi at Hiltons, given the business traveller arguement.

BUT, why do I have to pay if I already have a Wi-Fi account, just because the particular Hilton has decided to provide Wi-Fi through some local provider.

Hilton should select one provider and make the account usable at any property. That's what Starbucks do, that's what British Airways do. And what's more I can use my BT Openzone account (as used in BA lounges) in the T-Mobile run Wi-Fi hotspots (at Starbucks etc.).
Old Sep 18, 2011, 8:51 am

Any recent experiences at this property?

I'll be staying here quite often on my MR. Can anyone give me an update about the hotel, the lounge and the shuttle?

Thanx
Old Feb 19, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; BA GGL; Virgin Gold; United Silver; Hilton Dia; IHG Spire; Marriott Tit; Hertz PC
Recent 1 night stay here.

Typical hotel property - in low rise area next to several other hotels with no other services / amenities within easy walking distance.

No noticable airport noise.

EL open 24/7 with Breakfast M-F 5.30-9.30 / S-S 7-10 and Appetisers 5.30-7.30

Pros:
Friendly staff and good DIA recognition
Upgraded to Exec Floor
EL open 7 days a week including evening selection of hot food (soup, samosa, vegetables)
EL evening staff (Cynthia) was very helpful and attentive
No problems taking EL food / drinks back to your room

Cons:
U-Bahn internet very slow and dropped out several times
Realtively poor selection for EL breakfast and no interest in bringing up requested standard items like bagels to the EL
Old Aug 27, 2012, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
I had a weekend stay here, on 8/25/2012.
Booked: Std King
Rate: 57.00/night
Upgrade: Exec King (non-diamond)

The PHX airport Hilton is located on the South-eastern Corner of the Airport. It is near several other Marriott properties and down the street from the PHX Airport South HGI. The hotel is four stories reserving the top floor as the executive floor.

I booked about a week in advance and my reservation was upgraded in the morning of the day of arrival. I arrived in the mid-afternoon, the parking lot is being resurfaced so there is limited parking. Check-in was smooth and efficient. No recognition of my Diamond status, I was informed that the lounge is not manned during the weekend and I was given a voucher for an appetizer and a soft-drink in one of the restaurants.

I got to the room and I noticed I was not in one of the rooms designated for diamonds members. There were signs designating some rooms for diamond members. The room did not have any water, but the front desk did give me a bottle at check in. The rooms either overlook a central courtyard with the pool and hot-tub or look to the outside. I had an inside room with a balcony.

The room itself was pretty standard. The bathroom slightly upgraded toiletries, which was the only thing that distinguished it from standard Hilton rooms. What bothered me about the room was the utter lack of housekeeping.

1) The whole room smelled of burned hair. I ended up sleeping with the balcony door open to get the smell out
2) There were random brown smears on the translucent curtain
3) There was a dark brown splatter stain on the wall near the desk
4) The bottom of the desk drawer was covered in crumbs and bits of glass
5) There was hair near the sink and in the tub
Finally,
6) Though it was not the fault of the housekeeping staff, I woke up to a mostly dead roach in the bathroom.

The executive lounge is open 24 hours a day, but is not manned on the weekend. There were a couple of mini-fridges in the lounge with soft-drinks and water. The lounge smelled like the worst burned coffee ever.

The appetizer in the restaurant doubled as a light dinner and was very good. The breakfast in the morning was the basic Hilton breakfast buffet with the addition of fresh guacamole. I found it to be very good.

The airport shuttle runs every 30 minutes from the hotel and picks up on-demand from the hotel. Overall it was a marginal stay, but I will give them another chance.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Went back.

Got the same upgrade but a different room. Overall the room I had this time was much cleaner than before. The problems I had last time were specific to that one room.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:20 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by colpuck
Went back.
Are drinks (alcohol) still free in the EL?
Old Sep 16, 2013, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Stay 13-15th September 2013

Hi,
I had booked a EL level room for 2 nights from Friday to Sunday 13th-15th September.
The room was available from 230pm.
The executive lounge is does not serve food now after Friday breakfast until Sunday evening. ( we got an appetizer and a non alcoholic drink voucher for Friday and Saturday evenings and a full breakfast buffet voucher for Saturday and Sunday morning)

The lounge is open ( and the fridge is open with soft drinks and water)

The room was fine ( I was in 431 and did not have a full balcony)

The appetizer menu was fine ( and the size was large- with an additional dessert that did it for dinner)

The shuttle to the airport goes on the hour and half hour. It also goes to the light rail station on 44/Washington close to the Pueblo Grande museum ( very interesting).

The pool is fine.

They offered a 1pm late check out for no charge and a 3pm check out for $30.

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 16, 2013, 11:10 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
Originally Posted by colpuck

I got to the room and I noticed I was not in one of the rooms designated for diamonds members. There were signs designating some rooms for diamond members.
I was here a few weeks ago on the same floor.. I think the room that were missing the sign just had them fall off. I had room 410 that had no sign but it did have glue residue in the shape of sign as if it fell off.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Spent a night here this week, so I figured I'd update the thread. As a Gold I did not receive an upgrade, but did get access to the Exec Lounge. Breakfast served on weekdays starting at 5:30am, appetizers from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. I stopped in for the latter- a reasonable spread with some crackers and cheese, vegetables and dip, one entree, and some cookies. Also soft drinks and water. Beer/wine were available for a charge- I think $3.50 or so. The lounge itself was surprisingly small for the size of the hotel (given that they have a Diamond floor)- it was crowded enough that I didn't feel like hanging around.

The hotel was reasonable enough, though as some have commented in previous posts, it does show its age, and there is quite a bit of noise, particularly the sound of other people's doors shutting. I definitely wouldn't want to be in a room next to the lounge. The a/c didn't seem to do anything despite the setting,and the room was quite hot, but fortunately I had a balcony and could leave the balcony door open to let in some cool air.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: LH 1*SEN
I stayed here recently and was disappointed. The lounge is very small, no good Hors d'oeuvre, alcoholic drinks at normal bar prices. The rooms are old. Very old.
I advice everyone to look for a good place in Scottsdale, if you can afford the 50$ taxi fare. It's worth it.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 7:52 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Stayed there recently as a Gold. The food in the exec lounge was top flight for a US property.

Would definetly go back just for the exec lounge and friendly staff

Airport convenience outweighs some other negatives compared to other properties in greater Phoenix.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 8:13 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Also isn't it one of the only Hilton properties in Phoenix that even has a lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.