Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Hilton Phoenix Airport

Hotel Website:
http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/arizona/hilton-phoenix-airport-PHXAHHF/index.html
Address: 2435 South 47th Street, Phoenix, Arizona, 85034-6410, USA
Phone/Fax: TEL: 1-480-894-1600 FAX: 1-480-921-7844

HHonors Reward Category: 5

Other:
Hilton HHonors Properties in Phoenix (consolidated thread)
Print Wikipost

Hilton Phoenix Airport {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2002, 12:20 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

I have stayed in the Airport Phoenix hotel at least 15 times over the past 2 years. Like any hotel, it has its issues; however, I would not necessarily avoid the hotel.

1. Check-in staff is usually pleasant. As a Gold, I usually get upgraded to the Exec Floor. If I am not upgraded, I ask for longue access and it is granted. I was only once upgraded to a suite. On occasion, when I arrive after happyhour is over (see 2. Longue), I will be offered two drink coupons -- but this has been hit or miss.

2. Longue -- when I have visited the longue, it has been open. Breakfast is usually fresh fruit, starch, cereal, granola, coffee and oj. From 5-7, they offer happy hour which is open bar (but they have a bar tender) and some sort of snack.

3. Facilities -- in-hotel bar and restaurant. Have only eaten at the bar or from room service. Swimming pool and hot tub also.

4. Rooms -- fairly spacious. Hotel was re-modled within the past two years -- I cannot remember excatly when. The decor is mostly southwest. TV -- there are about 10 channels including HBO, the local affiliate stations (ABC, NBC, CBS), public broadcasting, ESPN, Disney (I think), and CNN. There are times I wish there were more channels -- but it is not a huge deal for me.

5. Staff -- mostly pleasant and courteous. None have gone above and beyond except one maid -- apparently, she remembered me from a prior stay and made sure that she turned down my bed each night and left LOTS of chocolates. I have not seen her in at least a year.

All that being said, I usually change my stays between the Hilton and the Doubletree Airport. I find the Doubletree rates to be less and you get more (free breakfast, two room suite, cookies, etc...).

So while I would not say AVOID the PHX Airport Hilton, I think there are better Hilton properities in the area.

--Jim
Old Jun 13, 2002, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
Although you are clearly unhappy about your stay experience, I have to say I stayed there last weekend and I concur with JIMBOLIGUY. I guess we all have different expectations and are entitled to have them.

------------------
[email protected]
Old Jun 13, 2002, 6:58 pm

I have stayed there many times and it was okay, not the best, but we are talking about an airport property. Lots of traffic in and out.

Michael
Old Jun 13, 2002, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
The reason for my original post is the same...you had a minor issue, and you are escalating it to a major deal. You escalated it to the Asst. F&B Director, and then to the GM. The GM was unresposive.

That they have dismissed your complaint is cause for you to dismiss the entire hotel is not fair. "AVOID THIS PLACE" you state. 10 TV channels? What else?

"No catered breakfast in the private lounge???? Oh, then there's only one person on duty in the restaurant???????" BOO HOO.

You were not permitted the use of their lounge, due to a no call/noshow employee. BOO HOO. You addressed it to at least two of their senior Managers. You didn't get your bowl of cereal. BOO HOO.

The hotel then stinks? I repeat: BOO HOO.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 9:12 pm

I've stayed at the property a handful of times and was very pleased with it. Always been upgraded to the Executive Floor and the lounge had a decent breakfast in the morning. Front Desk staff and airport shuttle folks were very polite and helpful.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 11:22 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by B747-437B:
I've stayed at the property a handful of times and was very pleased with it. Always been upgraded to the Executive Floor and the lounge had a decent breakfast in the morning. Front Desk staff and airport shuttle folks were very polite and helpful. </font>
I agree... I stayed there just last week and it was adequate. Clean rooms, courteous staff and got a good night's sleep. The Executive Lounge had fruit, cereal and juice. That works for me!
Old Jun 14, 2002, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I too find this Hilton to be rather reasonable considering it is an airport property. The lounge staff has always been pleasant and shown up for work when I have stayed there. The evening bartender has been quite generous with the drinks and lenient with regard to the closing time. I have always received an upgrade when I stayed there and don't really watch tv that much while I am there to care about only having HBO and espn and a few others. From my experiences there I would not discourage others from staying there.

My last stay there during spring training was rather curious I was unable to book a room on the Hilton website(the website said the airport hotel was sold out) and tried the airport area on priceline and received the PHX airport hilton for $40/night. I was rather surprised.
Old Nov 14, 2002, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
I also got the hotel on Priceline (for $28!). This is only the second time I have used Priceline.

I am Hilton Gold, so I checked the Hilton website and they wanted something ridiculous like $170. I booked the Sheraton for $79, but then figured that I would try Priceline......

Anyway, do you think that I can sweet talk lounge access? I don't care that much about an upgrade but would like broadband. An old post on Biddingfortravel from 2001 mentioned that only floors 2-4 have broadband. Is this still the case?
Old Nov 19, 2002, 9:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
The Hilton Phoenix airport is about 13 years old and was renovated a couple of years ago. It is a four story building which surrounds the outdoor pool/hot tub area. Unfortunately the design of the building shades most of the pool area during the day.

I found the staff to generally be quite knowledgeable and pleasant to deal with. One of the complaints that many have is of the lack of television channels. I think there were only 8 channels or so? Another problem is at present they do not have high speed Internet access. They are in the process of negotiating with a new provider and I was told that they should have high speed Internet access soon.

The lounge was closed on the weekend while I was there, but they gave me coupons for breakfast each of the weekend days. I believe the lounge is open during the week. The sign on the lounge door said it was open on the weekend, so I decided to go in, but no one was in there. I did notice newspapers from the Friday before were there so obviously they were open the day before.

The restaurant Rennick's had rather inconsistent service. The first day I had a gal who was on her first or second shift and the service was excellent. The next day I had a waiter who had worked there for a while. After I gave him my free breakfast coupons that was it, he wouldn't even walk near the table or make any eye contact. After about 40 minutes I had to track him down and ask for a refill. (only tipped him 10%)

Overall a decent hotel, that is located close to the airport. They have a shuttle that leaves on the hour and the half hour to shuttle hotel guests too and from the airport. The rooms are clean and the furnishings are not tattered.

Old Nov 20, 2002, 8:52 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I am sorry to hear your stay at the Hilton
Airport Phoenix hotel was Unsatisfactory.
Even more sorry that some of those who posted on your thread did not respect your problems with having your benefits honored fully during your stay.
Something you should always be reasonably assured of. Hassle free.
Without having to jump through hoops.
A proper apology is always the first step.
I've seen Hilton do a greatly improved job with benefits over the last few years .
Yet there is more work to be done to make hotels become more compliant.
That could be an upgrade, or a breakfast benefit........ALL ARE IMPORTANT
It is hard work to remain a loyal Diamond.
It is bad news that a Hilton GM didn't rise up and make things go right for you.
It doesn't matter if its a missing shampoo or a bowl of cereal.
Guest satisfaction is crucial in the hospitality business.Thank you for sharing with us here on Flyer Talk Please continue to post always on your experiences .Its folks like yourself that make this a great site to hear how a hotel is performing.Its helpful reporting a good or bad experience.
The first time or the 100 time in a row in a given property.
It helps us to all evaluate and in the end decide for ourselves...........

Happy Travels Many Miles/Cheers

------------------
AA & Starwood,Marriott Platinum
Diamond Hilton,Hyatt
U/A 1 K

[This message has been edited by 777 global mile hound (edited 11-20-2002).]
Old Dec 2, 2002, 2:22 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
After reading freeupgrade's metion of a poor experience at the PHX Airport Hilton I almost switched a reservation to avoid going there -- I hate to support staff with an attitude and/or bad management.

However, I went ahead with the stay to judge for myself and found the experience to be acceptable. None of the staff I encountered were particularly helpful, but they at least were accomodating to my changes in wake up times, late check out, help with sending FedEx packages, etc.

Even the housekeeping staff waited until 1 p.m. to call and bother me about cleaning the room (normally, at most hotels I find that they are more anxious with their anonymous phone calls that mysteriously hang up after you answer). The PHX Airport Hilton housekeeping was actually friendly and polite.

I did not have any hotel-related problems during my brief stay; I did have a horrible, sleepless night caused by food poisoning -- due to some bad sushi (not at the hotel). Despite this, my hotel experience was o.k.

The hotel property was well-maintained, the rooms were clean, and I left feeling better by the mid-afternoon. I think that the swaying palm trees in the courtyard helped to sooth my ills.

Please note that I am not defending the management of the property, and strongly believe that bad attitudes are unacceptable -- particularly from GMs!
Old Dec 3, 2002, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
I thought that I posted about my stay.... it was pretty decent. My main complaint is that the door does not seal very well and it feels that people in the corridor are in your room.

I did note that the guy who ran the lounge closed up breakfast one day at 08:30 when it's supposed to run until 09:00. I would not have been happy if I were the guest who walked in at 08:31 -- they guy who did seemed not to be too upset.
Old Dec 4, 2002, 5:07 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by B747-437B:
I've stayed at the property a handful of times and was very pleased with it. Always been upgraded to the Executive Floor and the lounge had a decent breakfast in the morning. Front Desk staff and airport shuttle folks were very polite and helpful. </font>
I'll third this.
Old Dec 4, 2002, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
I have stayed here OH 12 or 13 times the past year. Never once did I have a problem. The concierge lounge offers FREE cocktails and descent finger snacks. Sorry to hear it was bad!! I really like this Hilton. My Diamond total for 2002 92 stays 118 nights!
Old Dec 5, 2002, 5:52 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sweet Willie:
I'll third this.</font>
I'll fourth it. Definitely not a bad place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.