FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Phoenix Airport {US-AZ}
View Single Post
Old Dec 2, 2002, 2:22 pm
elbidercni

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
After reading freeupgrade's metion of a poor experience at the PHX Airport Hilton I almost switched a reservation to avoid going there -- I hate to support staff with an attitude and/or bad management.

However, I went ahead with the stay to judge for myself and found the experience to be acceptable. None of the staff I encountered were particularly helpful, but they at least were accomodating to my changes in wake up times, late check out, help with sending FedEx packages, etc.

Even the housekeeping staff waited until 1 p.m. to call and bother me about cleaning the room (normally, at most hotels I find that they are more anxious with their anonymous phone calls that mysteriously hang up after you answer). The PHX Airport Hilton housekeeping was actually friendly and polite.

I did not have any hotel-related problems during my brief stay; I did have a horrible, sleepless night caused by food poisoning -- due to some bad sushi (not at the hotel). Despite this, my hotel experience was o.k.

The hotel property was well-maintained, the rooms were clean, and I left feeling better by the mid-afternoon. I think that the swaying palm trees in the courtyard helped to sooth my ills.

Please note that I am not defending the management of the property, and strongly believe that bad attitudes are unacceptable -- particularly from GMs!