Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Hilton Phoenix Airport

Hotel Website:
http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/arizona/hilton-phoenix-airport-PHXAHHF/index.html
Address: 2435 South 47th Street, Phoenix, Arizona, 85034-6410, USA
Phone/Fax: TEL: 1-480-894-1600 FAX: 1-480-921-7844

HHonors Reward Category: 5

Other:
Hilton HHonors Properties in Phoenix (consolidated thread)
Print Wikipost

Hilton Phoenix Airport {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 1999, 12:42 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Phoenix Airport {US-AZ}

Checked-in last night. Two annoying points:

1. Early checkout fee -- $50

2. No Double Dip for my stay -- since I booked through an agent, no dip. But if I booked directly with the hotel (at the same rate), I could double dip. Go Figure.

--Jim
Old Jul 15, 1999, 8:45 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Phoenix Hilton

Checked into the Hilton last night -- no probelms. Am a new Silver member and was happy to get bonus points (build up that account). When I got back to my room later in the evening, I had a call from the general manager welcoming me to the hotel and that if I had any problems, I could call him direct.

I have never received that treatment before and thought it was nice.

Just a compliment for Hilton....

--Jim
Old Jul 15, 1999, 9:49 am
Original Member

Programs: CO Gold, AA Gold, HH Diamond, IC Plat Ambassador
Hey Jimboliguy -- how long are you here in soggy Phoenix?

Written in as soggy Tempe...
Old Jul 15, 1999, 4:01 pm

JIMBOLIGUY -- Thanks for passing this along! This is the exactly the kind of improvement I'd mentioned in some of my earlier posts, and is representative of the continuous improvement we're striving for. I'll gladly forward your message to the hotel, and appreciate you taking the time out to send it.

Best regards,

Adam
Old Jul 15, 1999, 4:04 pm

JIMBOLIGUY -- One point of clarification....which hotel was it? Want to make sure I'm passing your message on to the right hotel since we have a number of properties in the Phoenix area.

Thanks!

Adam
Old Jul 15, 1999, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA Platinum (Lifetime), United GS, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Diamond, Marriott Platinum
i, too, have received a similar call at several hiltons, although never from the GM or MOD, usually some sort of "guest relations" or "hospitality" supervisor.

i couldn't tell you exactly which properties off the top of my head, but i think the hilton in torrance, california was one. the first time i got this sort of call, i thought there was something wrong or that i had left my card at the front desk.

i've also received this welcome message via voicemail, which is not quite as nice, but still somewhat special.
Old Jul 16, 1999, 9:08 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Adam-- It was the Phoenix Airport hotel. BTW, thank you for taking care of the other PHX problem I had also!

UK -- mine was via voice mail -- but that was due to me not being in the room. It was nice none the less

-Jim
Old Aug 17, 2000, 4:27 pm

PHX Airport Hilton - Construction

Heads up!

The PHX airport Hilton is being remodeled.
If you (bang) need (bang) to rest (thump)
or work during (WHIRRRRRR) the (bang) day,
(thump, thump) it is somewhat (bang, thump)
distracting. (WHIRRRRRR)

The HHonors lounge is also closed thru
8/15/00. The front desk is somewhat
reluctant to comp b-fast as doc'd in the
list of HHonors benefits.

-doug
Old Aug 17, 2000, 9:56 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

I swear -- I am on the Hilton COnstruction Tour. Just this year:

1. Caribe Hilton (over New Years) -- just completing construction

2. London Kensington -- COnstruction -- all day (and what felt light all night) (March)

3. Doubletree Downtown Boston -- brand new hotel -- still under construction

4. Now the Hilton Phx -- where I will be on Monday night next week!

Argh......
Old Aug 7, 2001, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA Gold, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
Phoenix airport HIlton

will only be there one night, just in town long enough to go to a Cardinals game. Anybody have any info on this location. is there a charge to park? what are the rooms like? I am gold (like everybody else)
thanks for any information
Old Aug 7, 2001, 1:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Stayed here for a few days about 3 years ago so my comments are a bit dated. This property was fine from what I remember. No charges for parking. I do recall the lounge being closed on weekends and closing early in the evening.
Old Aug 7, 2001, 2:09 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Having stayed here enough times to EARN gold the old fashion way (stays/nights), I can tell you that there is no charge for parking, they offer a shuttle bus to/from the airport, the property is about 2 miles from the airport (tops). Get good directions from the airport since the hotel is visible from the highway but is off the main road (which is University).

The club is closed on the weekends based on the sign out front. (I was never there on a weekend to comment on breakfast).

Upgraded rooms were hit or miss -- and most times for me I received a standard room on the Exec Floor. All the rooms are basically the same -- except there is an Executive Floor (well, thats what the called it -- there is absolutly no difference in rooms on the 1,2,3 or 4th floor.

If you are there during the week, they have a good breakfast spread. They have free drinks and appertizers on weekday evenings.

The bar is ok -- open until 1 or so. Front desk staff is friendly. They have a pool and exercise facility.

If you dont get a room on the exec floor during the week, ask the front desk to program your key for the longue.

--Jim
Old Aug 7, 2001, 2:39 pm

WHY would anyone want to see a cardinal's game????
Anyway, try phoenix hilton suites. Better properites, minutes from airport, great full cooked to order breakfast (free for all, no Hhonors begging involved), and the suites are not bad. Parking costs are hit and miss. They give you an access card for the adjacent garage and tell you it costs $10 or so, but I have never actually been charged..
Old Aug 8, 2001, 12:26 am

Stayed at PHX Hilton the weekend of July 20th. Executive Lounge was open for (very good) continental breakfast and great evening snacks and drinks.
Old Aug 8, 2001, 4:37 am

Location: Mesa, AZ., USA, DL Gold,CRC,WN whatever,AA nobody,HHonors Diamond,Starwood Gold, could careless about Rental Car Co's.
HEY POINTMAN, what the hell are you staying at the Phoenix Airport Hilton when you live in Phoenix. How come you din't invite me????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.