Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Hilton Phoenix Airport

Hotel Website:
http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/arizona/hilton-phoenix-airport-PHXAHHF/index.html
Address: 2435 South 47th Street, Phoenix, Arizona, 85034-6410, USA
Phone/Fax: TEL: 1-480-894-1600 FAX: 1-480-921-7844

HHonors Reward Category: 5

Other:
Hilton HHonors Properties in Phoenix (consolidated thread)
Print Wikipost

Hilton Phoenix Airport {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2002, 9:51 am

Programs: Many
A fifth vote in favor.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 9:58 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Post Hilton PHX Airport

2435 South 47th Street
Phoenix, Arizona, US, 85034-6410

A short review.

I am a Gold with HHonors, but this reservation was made through Hotwire.

Showed up at the front desk with Gold card in hand, and at first they told me that they couldn't find my reservation, finally she found it and saw that my reservation was ineligible for Points&Miles and that I couldn't receive any of the benefits, such as lounge or breakfast.

She came short of calling me a

L-)

(smiley for loser)

She told me that because of corporate policy, I could only receive the perks if I made reservations through their website.

Anyways, it is a nice place, got a clean room, there is coffee and a mini-bar in the room.

There is wired internet access in the room for $9.99 (noon to noon), and wireless in the lobby and certain lounge areas.

I am missing the perks, but I got this room for $38 through Hotwire, regular rate is $112. I can have one heckuva breakfast with the savings
Old Feb 17, 2006, 7:49 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
Hilton Phoenix Airport - noisy doors !!

Stayed recently at this hotel and was upgraded to room 401 on the executive floor. A plaque on the door says room reserved for Diamond Hhonors. All good so far

However, this room is directly opposite the Exec Lounge, and this hotel has extremely loud doors, which always slam on closing.

So from 5:30am onwards everyone going into the Exec Lounge for breakfast cannot help but slam the door.

Given that I was on my way back from Hawaii, and there's a 3 hour time difference, to me this was 2:30am !!!

Good service at the hotel though, but noisy doors !!
Old Feb 17, 2006, 9:12 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Arg! Thanks for the warning. I try to avoid rooms near elevators, lounges, housekeeping stores rooms, ice machines...
Old Feb 17, 2006, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For a bit of slumming next time, there's a Hampton Inn a few minutes from the airport. It's even an Opportunity Level award property.

Stayed there last year. Got upgraded to an enormous suite. The usual Hampton breakfast and so on, but the location was pretty convenient. Even a free shuttle to/from the airport, and the shuttle took me to my destination for free. Picked me up again, too.

Best 7500 points I've ever spent.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All the airport hotels seem to have the very noisy doors.

MisterNice
Old Feb 17, 2006, 10:48 am

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
I had the same problem at the Doubletree in South Cleveland.. very noisy floor and doors.. what I did to help, was put a towel across the bottom of the door.. (since there was liek a 3/4" gap... This seemed to really reduce the noise issue...

I also had a noise in the bathroom, closed the door and could not hear it... But I am totally with you on noisy doors, people slamming and loud conversations in off hours in the hallways... ackk
Old Feb 20, 2006, 6:30 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
No free WiFi at PHX Hilton

Stayed recently at the Doubletree near Phoenix Airport and that was nice, but the point I want to make is that it had free WiFi.

Then I stayed at the Hilton Phoenix Airport and it had WiFi but it wasn't free.

Surely as "Hilton" is higher up the food-chain than "Doubletree" then this should be the other way round
Old Feb 20, 2006, 10:11 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Soon to be an ex-WP PE
Originally Posted by Travel The World
Stayed recently at the Doubletree near Phoenix Airport and that was nice, but the point I want to make is that it had free WiFi.

Surely as "Hilton" is higher up the food-chain than "Doubletree" then this should be the other way round
Heck no! Most of the Garden Inns have free wi-fi; and I've yet to find a regular Hilton that does.

Old Feb 20, 2006, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually ALL of the HGI and ALL of the HI and ALL of the HS and ALL of the Scandic have *FREE* HSI. I would guess less than 5% of the Hiltons and DT etc I have stayed at have HSI for free.

MisterNice
Old Feb 20, 2006, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by rtarbuck
Heck no! Most of the Garden Inns have free wi-fi; and I've yet to find a regular Hilton that does.

Hilton Palacio Del Rio in San Antonio gives free internet (wired, not WiFi) to HHGold members - first time I've had it free at a Hilton.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
From what I have seen as you go up the chain from econo to luxe the more stuff that is ala carte. It's not just wifi, it's breakfast, etc etc. I guess the thinking is that as you move up the value-chain you start dealing with customers who are not focused on value rather than on prestige and ego of staying at the Ritz.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Travel The World

Just back from the Hilton Charles de Gaulle (CDG) Paris and yet again no free Wi-Fi and yet again Wi-Fi provided by some tin-pot local provider, that doesn't allow you to roam using an existing account.

Come on Hilton, sort this out. One provider at all the properties or at least the ability to roam from one account .... like the British Airways lounges !!
Old Mar 4, 2006, 3:20 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, Hilton Diamond
I noticed the no free WiFi at several Hiltons and Doubletrees lately.

Forunately majority of the time (but not all) I'm staying in a downtown location and can find an open access port for me to connect to. That at least saves me some $$ to connect and download email, etc.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
diamond's

I've been at Hilton locations where "free" wi-fi or hard wire access was given to Diamonds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.