Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Hilton Phoenix Airport

Hotel Website:
http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/arizona/hilton-phoenix-airport-PHXAHHF/index.html
Address: 2435 South 47th Street, Phoenix, Arizona, 85034-6410, USA
Phone/Fax: TEL: 1-480-894-1600 FAX: 1-480-921-7844

HHonors Reward Category: 5

Other:
Hilton HHonors Properties in Phoenix (consolidated thread)
Print Wikipost

Hilton Phoenix Airport {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:09 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Maybe my $89 rate on a best rate guarantee skewed my opinion. I thought it was dated but not terribly dated as I have stayed at some pretty old Hilton airport properties before.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 2:13 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Thanks for posting the review and pictures mcgahat ^

I'll be staying in Phoenix area in Jan. and was wondering whether to stay here for a night or not so the pictures and report are very timely and much appreciated!

Cheers,^
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Maybe my $89 rate on a best rate guarantee skewed my opinion. I thought it was dated but not terribly dated as I have stayed at some pretty old Hilton airport properties before.
You can pick the place up for about $55 all-in during the right time of year with the MVP code.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by BotB
Thanks for posting the review and pictures mcgahat ^

I'll be staying in Phoenix area in Jan. and was wondering whether to stay here for a night or not so the pictures and report are very timely and much appreciated!

Cheers,^
If the rates aren't too different, I'd suggest the Doubletree Suites, Hampton Inn, or HGI, in the, "Airport North," area, and with easy access to the Phoenix light rail system.

I've stayed at both the Hilton PHX and the Doubletree Suites on mattress runs, and unless there was a compelling reason to go back to the Hilton (such as a fantastic price), I found few redeeming qualities. The location was a bit difficult to find, and other than other airport properties, there really isn't much nearby.

At least with the Doubletree, you have a full suite. Plus the Chinese Cultural Center is a quick walk. There's 2 Chinese restaurants on-site. There's also a Ruby Tuesday down at 44th St/Wash, or hop on the light rail at 44th St/Wash...east a few miles to downtown Tempe or west a few miles to downtown Phoenix.
Oh, and the breakfast spread at the Doubletree was far far better than that at the airport Hilton.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:23 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Thanks aztimm , ^

Appreciate the comments and useful info. My main stay here will be at the Hyatt downtown for my conference but I'll be doing a BA tier point run before/afterwards so might need one night at the airport and will consider the DT now ^
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:39 am
cjd

We stayed here a few weeks ago after a late arrival from UK. Rang from the airport for the hotel shuttle to collect us as local calls were free. Were given a voucher for 2 free drinks on arrival. Was given one of the renovated rooms which was okay but not completely finished. Was given a sheet with a list of items still to be completed in the room, such as a full length mirror. Looked like bath had been replaced by a walk in shower. Complimentary full breakfast was okay but didn't think there was a great choice. Staff were all very friendly and shuttle bus driver dropped us off at the Car Hire location the next day which was very helpful.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Smile

Just a quick review from my stay 19-20 july.
I arrived by Shuttlebus, nice driver named by #Drew. I was picked-up at the US Termimal, door number 1.
Check-in was very friendly, I got a upgrade as Diamond member to suite #453. Suite is very clean and a very nice and big bathroom!
In the room free water, cola en fast WIFI.
Hotel looks clean, breakfast was complimentary as Elite and I used the shuttle again to get me back to the airport.
This was a good stay!

Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:30 pm

Current lounge status? I'm leaning toward the another property, but could go either way for my two-night stay.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Smile

Lounge is not always open, as Diamond you can have breakfast in their restaurant.
My advice, go to this Hilton Hotel, their service is very nice. Great GM and nice breakfast staff. They also make fresh guacamole every morning!
Old Dec 24, 2015, 10:02 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Current lounge status? I'm leaning toward the another property, but could go either way for my two-night stay.
What are you planning to do in the area? Will you have a car?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm
What are you planning to do in the area? Will you have a car?
No car. Just working really long days, including working from the hotel. Lounge could be a place to get together with co-workers staying in the same hotel. No time for meals out, shopping or anything, so location doesn't matter (hence the airport location). Just looking for the most practical solution to facilitate work. Think: convention center for five people on $60/night.

Last edited by 365RoadWarrior; Dec 24, 2015 at 12:23 pm
Old Dec 25, 2015, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
No car. Just working really long days, including working from the hotel. Lounge could be a place to get together with co-workers staying in the same hotel. No time for meals out, shopping or anything, so location doesn't matter (hence the airport location). Just looking for the most practical solution to facilitate work. Think: convention center for five people on $60/night.
As I mentioned upthread, there really isn't much close to this hotel. Not walking distance at least, and without a car you'd be at the mercy of the hotel shuttle (well other than cabs or Uber).
If you have a project that you want to focus on, that might be best.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 8/6 - 8/7

Location: The hotel is located on University Drive just off AZ-143. AZ-143 north will take you to PHX Airport in just 5 minutes, the AZ-202 Loop to Tempe or Downtown Phoenix or to McDowell Road to the Arcadia Neighborhood. Going east on University drive for three miles takes you to Mill Avenue and Arizona State. Going west to I-10 makes Phoenix 15 minutes away. Location wise, this is not a bad place to be if you're in the east valley.

Hotel: A sprawling building of strange design. It seems to be some kind of square building with a large outdoor pool in the middle. The parking lot is also big and parking is free. The lobby has a business center in it, an attached bar and restaurant though getting to the breakfast area requires walking outside, a bit annoying in the summer heat.

Check In: Handled by a friendly agent who said the hotel only had four suites and none were available. I did end up on the executive floor however.

Room: Pretty standard, though with a seriously tiny bathroom. On the plus side, the balcony overlooking the pool was very nice. Still, the rooms could do with a little renovation, for instance there are no outlets near the bed and the shower handle was half broken and took serious finessing to work.

Breakfast/Lounge: There is a lounge, however it's only open for breakfast Monday-Friday (5:30-9:30 AM) and drinks and appetizers Sunday-Thursday (5:00-7:00 PM). Golds and Diamonds on weekends get a coupon for a free appetizer in the bar and breakfast in the restaurant. Breakfast then runs from 6 to 11:30 AM and features an omelet and waffle bar, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, blintzes and the usual cold pastries, cereal and yogurt.

I do need to note that the waiter serving us was really inappropriate. He kept joking with us and badgering my friend and I about how old we were and then telling stories about his "Asian ex-wife".

On the plus side, I was able to get a 2 PM Checkout.

My Rate was $71, this is a good hotel though there are better Hiltons in Phoenix.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; BA GGL; Virgin Gold; United Silver; Hilton Dia; IHG Spire; Marriott Tit; Hertz PC
Recent 1 night weekend stay as well.

Similar experience to CMK10 - received free appetiser and drink voucher in lieu of EL being closed. Also received another voucher for free wings or sliders or room movie as a returning guest. Also was upgraded to a larger corner suite

Was unimpressed by buffet breakfast - very poor range and selection, maybe because of low summer occupancy?, but had no problems receiving a late checkout.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 9:45 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mookie10
Was unimpressed by buffet breakfast - very poor range and selection, maybe because of low summer occupancy?, but had no problems receiving a late checkout.
I definitely agree. This month I've stayed at a Doubletree and a Courtyard as well as this Hilton and they all had basically the same buffet. I expect a little more from a full service Hilton than I do from the other two properties I mentioned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.