FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Phoenix Airport {US-AZ}
View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 2014, 3:18 pm
mcgahat

Programs: It's Complicated...
Thumbs up Stay Report

I arrived late and called for the shuttle (you do need to call) and I was told where to wait to meet the shuttle. I ask them what someone would do if they didn't have a phone to use and they said the information counter could call in those instances. So if you are traveling here from another country and do not want to make an expensive call you may keep that in mind.

At check in I was recognized for my Hilton Gold status with breakfast coupons and given internet access instructions. I was also given an appetizer coupon which was a nice and appreciated touch.

The room was pretty standard for a Hilton airport property with some of the newer bedding and furnishings but definitely some dated items as well. They are apparently starting a renovation effort and in the lobby you will see some photos of what they are putting in. I was happy enough with the room as it was though, clean and not too dated.

I did have dinner and breakfast at the restaurant and dinner was good with very good service. It is not the best meal I ever had but the food was better than standard hotel food and service was great. The bar area had some TV's and was not too boring as is typical with most airport hotel restaurant/bars. I did find breakfast on the lower end with regards to quality and offerings. It did the job but nothing I would look forward to every morning.

There didn't seem to be a lot in the immediate area around the hotel so it did seem that you are kind of locked in there if you don't have a car. The shuttle did leave the next morning on time and was at the airport in just a few minutes.

I liked this property and would stay here if I needed a stay near the airport or even if I didn't as it was well priced (at least for my dates) and a comfortable stay.