Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Text loyalty program-- 10,000 points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Text loyalty program-- 10,000 points?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
My text from yesterday reads: "Thanks for joining the Hampton Inn Loyalty Text Program. Please call ... to redeem this offer for 10K Hilton Honors points."

I am not a lawyer, but to me that seems like a pretty clear statement that I joined the program and that I should get the points.

Now I need to decide if I am scrupulous enough to push for it, knowing that the more people do that the more this marketing person will get in trouble over this flawed campaign.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:55 am

Havent seen an email reply yet. Fingers crossed.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:03 am

I'll grab the popcorn! This one should be fun.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
They started sending me their txt advertisements, so I believe I am enrolled.. now for them to hold up their end of the bargain
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Latest update on their FB page:

"Thanks to all that joined. The responses have been overwhelming! If you have already opted in, you will be receiving a follow up text with details. Thanks again!"

The original message promising 10k points seems to have been deleted. Anyone want to post a screenshot?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BuilderTraveller
They started sending me their txt advertisements, so I believe I am enrolled.. now for them to hold up their end of the bargain
check your hilton account. A number of us who received the text this morning just received our 10K points.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iamthehpt
check your hilton account. A number of us who received the text this morning just received our 10K points.
Data points

Text: yes

HH points: no

Method: emailed, haven't gotten a reply either way
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I called about 9:00 am on tuesday and spoke to Renee and she took down my information and told me she was sending it in, and today checked my hilton account and it showed:

HHONORS INCENTIVE POINTS - HAMPTON INN & SUITES PROVIDENCE DOWNTOWN 10,000 0 23-Feb-2011
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by particlemn
I called about 9:00 am on tuesday and spoke to Renee and she took down my information and told me she was sending it in, and today checked my hilton account and it showed:

HHONORS INCENTIVE POINTS - HAMPTON INN & SUITES PROVIDENCE DOWNTOWN 10,000 0 23-Feb-2011
When did you sign up via text?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:32 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by particlemn

Exactly the drill I followed, except my call was at about 11:15 EST.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Already posted

I called yesterday morning and looked at my account and it's already there

I am VERY impressed. This posted faster than most hilton stays do.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by josephstern
Data points

Text: yes

HH points: no

Method: emailed, haven't gotten a reply either way
Let me see if I can "manifest" your points posting tomorrow.

Here's wishing you luck.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
When did you sign up via text?
I txted about 8:55 PST called about 9:00 PST. I would venture to guess that anyone who actually talked to Renee and gave information already has their points.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:50 am

From What I could tell from the information I got from Renee yesterday this is a manual bonus program from just two hotels. you sign up for their txt program and they give you a number to call at on of the hampton inns to speak to the sales director. she takes your info and inputs it to give bonus. signing up for the txt does not get you the bonus, only when the hotel manually input you information do you get it. I have also heard of people who did not even sign up for the txt but called the phone number and said they did and they got signed up for the bonus.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:17 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by cblaisd
My 10K points posted this morning
Same here^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.