Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Text loyalty program-- 10,000 points?

Text loyalty program-- 10,000 points?

Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:31 pm
  #151  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
Posts: 223
Originally Posted by mmo
I sent email yesterday, it worked. Forward the email today and it came back as undeliverable. Also phone number no longer works which worked fine yesterday.... What a pure rip off!
Can't we ramp this up and get somebody's hand slapped?
same thing happened to me. Sent [email protected] an email to see if they will give me a case number and investigate.
worldtraveller2 is offline  
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:23 am
  #152  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: From ORK, live LCY
Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Posts: 14,295
Why not go and stay at the hotel in question then claim the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee because you are dissatisfied at not getting your 10K points?
stifle is offline  
Old Feb 24, 2011, 6:08 am
  #153  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NY/NJ
Programs: HHonors Diamond
Posts: 82
Originally Posted by BuilderTraveller
Maybe we should just email Renee Snoke, Sales Coordinator at [email protected]. She was taking the calls yesterday at (401) 608-3516.

They did change the websites, both just say "Join our loyalty program! Text Hampton to 40491!" now:

http://www.providencedowntownhotels.com/
http://www.raynhamhotel.com/
Now the offer is gone completely from the web sites.. what a JOKE.
BuilderTraveller is offline  
Old Feb 24, 2011, 6:32 am
  #154  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: IAD
Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Posts: 2,729
Originally Posted by josephstern
$50? I wish these (non-existent) points were worth that much.
That's funny. I popped over here after getting an HHonors CC promo in my email box to figure out how much HHonors points are worth. I'm a *wood diehard (at least with my credit card spend when I don't have any better offers laying around ) and over there, 10,000 points is *a lot* of points. Most on the SPG board would accept those to be worth $300. That will now get you three weekend nights at the now-demoted Aloft IAD, for example. Heck, 10k will get you a free night at several resort properties in Thailand, Malaysia, and Bali.
DHAST is offline  
Old Feb 24, 2011, 6:50 am
  #155  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Upper Sternistan
Posts: 10,127
Originally Posted by DHAST
That's funny. I popped over here after getting an HHonors CC promo in my email box to figure out how much HHonors points are worth. I'm a *wood diehard (at least with my credit card spend when I don't have any better offers laying around ) and over there, 10,000 points is *a lot* of points. Most on the SPG board would accept those to be worth $300. That will now get you three weekend nights at the now-demoted Aloft IAD, for example. Heck, 10k will get you a free night at several resort properties in Thailand, Malaysia, and Bali.
One easy comparison (not that it's complete) is that 20K SPG points transfers to 25K miles at many airlines.

20K HH points transfers to 1700 miles at most airlines.

Slightly different ratio.
josephstern is offline  
Old Feb 24, 2011, 7:20 am
  #156  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toledo, OH
Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Posts: 15,408
Originally Posted by cblaisd
You said:



They can be well worth more than that. You didn't claim they were "without value"; you claimed they weren't worth $50.

In the right situations, they are worth up to three times that
+1 I always use points on at least a $600 dollar a night stay. Even going with the lowest room of $600 a night for 50K points, that comes out to 1.2 cents a point which would make 10K points worth $120. Not bad for just making a phone call and sending a text, about 5 minutes total time. Now on New Years Eve at the DT I used 50K points for what was a $7K hotel room for that night. That is 14 cents a point whic makes those 10K points worth $1,400
jamesteroh is offline  
Old Feb 24, 2011, 7:25 am
  #157  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 17,191
Originally Posted by josephstern
One easy comparison (not that it's complete) is that 20K SPG points transfers to 25K miles at many airlines.

20K HH points transfers to 1700 miles at most airlines.

Slightly different ratio.
At the risk of going off-topic, I don't think that's a valuation ratio most people would agree with. I think from previous threads many people value 1 Hhonors point at around $0.006 and 1 Starwood point at maybe $0.025 points. HHonors points are not as good a currency when it comes to transfers to airline programs, though.
notquiteaff is online now  
Old Feb 24, 2011, 7:32 am
  #158  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NY/NJ
Programs: HHonors Diamond
Posts: 82
..and 10,000 points offered from Hampton Inn is worth -$0.20.
BuilderTraveller is offline  
Old Feb 24, 2011, 7:42 am
  #159  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: From ORK, live LCY
Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Posts: 14,295
Starwood gives 2 points per dollar spent, am I right? That's a big difference right there.
stifle is offline  
Old Feb 24, 2011, 8:19 am
  #160  
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Posts: 36,079
Originally Posted by josephstern
One easy comparison (not that it's complete)
While that's a starting place, you're right; it isn't complete. If your travels take you to the sort of places I've already noted, 10K points can go a long way.

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
...Now on New Years Eve at the DT I used 50K points for what was a $7K hotel room for that night. That is 14 cents a point whic makes those 10K points worth $1,400
Well done, sir. And our examples show the absurdity of:

Originally Posted by BuilderTraveller
..and 10,000 points offered from Hampton Inn is worth -$0.20.
cblaisd is offline  
Old Feb 24, 2011, 8:22 am
  #161  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NY/NJ
Programs: HHonors Diamond
Posts: 82
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Well done, sir. And our examples show the absurdity of:
You are in the wrong thread.
BuilderTraveller is offline  
Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:35 am
  #162  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toledo, OH
Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Posts: 15,408
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
At the risk of going off-topic, I don't think that's a valuation ratio most people would agree with. I think from previous threads many people value 1 Hhonors point at around $0.006 and 1 Starwood point at maybe $0.025 points. HHonors points are not as good a currency when it comes to transfers to airline programs, though.
+1 on airline programs. Hilton requires 10K points to buy one Southwest credit where PC and BW are 5K points. HOWEVER, no other chain lets you double dip and hilton also give your 50% bonus points as a diamond whereas BW is only 30%, so even if I did want to use Hilton points for miles (which I never do), the double dipping and 20% extra diamond points would more than make up for the bad exchange rates to airline miles.
jamesteroh is offline  
Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:40 am
  #163  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toledo, OH
Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Posts: 15,408
Originally Posted by stifle
Starwood gives 2 points per dollar spent, am I right? That's a big difference right there.
SPG gives you 2 points per $ and if you are elite 3 points per $. Put I believe the number of points to redeem is also lower. One thing I like about starwood is that like airlines, you can use points for upgrades. I wish Hilton would offer that option.
jamesteroh is offline  
Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:42 am
  #164  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toledo, OH
Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Posts: 15,408
Originally Posted by BuilderTraveller
..and 10,000 points offered from Hampton Inn is worth -$0.20.
Most of the hotels I stay at on reward points (including the DT times square and the Bentley in Miami) require 50K HH points. So you are saying a night at one of those properties is worth -$1?

And why is hampton being mentioned? 10K HH points are worth the same regardless of they come from a lower end brand like Hampton or a high end family like Waldorf or conrad.
jamesteroh is offline  
Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:46 am
  #165  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ATL
Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 1,061
Is it just me, or do the last 10 or so posts have absolutely nothing to do with the title of this thread?
Notenut is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.