Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Text loyalty program-- 10,000 points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Text loyalty program-- 10,000 points?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:31 pm

Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
Originally Posted by mmo
I sent email yesterday, it worked. Forward the email today and it came back as undeliverable. Also phone number no longer works which worked fine yesterday.... What a pure rip off!
Can't we ramp this up and get somebody's hand slapped?
same thing happened to me. Sent [email protected] an email to see if they will give me a case number and investigate.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Why not go and stay at the hotel in question then claim the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee because you are dissatisfied at not getting your 10K points?
Old Feb 24, 2011, 6:08 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by BuilderTraveller
Maybe we should just email Renee Snoke, Sales Coordinator at [email protected]. She was taking the calls yesterday at (401) 608-3516.

They did change the websites, both just say "Join our loyalty program! Text Hampton to 40491!" now:

http://www.providencedowntownhotels.com/
http://www.raynhamhotel.com/
Now the offer is gone completely from the web sites.. what a JOKE.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 6:32 am

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by josephstern
$50? I wish these (non-existent) points were worth that much.
That's funny. I popped over here after getting an HHonors CC promo in my email box to figure out how much HHonors points are worth. I'm a *wood diehard (at least with my credit card spend when I don't have any better offers laying around ) and over there, 10,000 points is *a lot* of points. Most on the SPG board would accept those to be worth $300. That will now get you three weekend nights at the now-demoted Aloft IAD, for example. Heck, 10k will get you a free night at several resort properties in Thailand, Malaysia, and Bali.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DHAST
That's funny. I popped over here after getting an HHonors CC promo in my email box to figure out how much HHonors points are worth. I'm a *wood diehard (at least with my credit card spend when I don't have any better offers laying around ) and over there, 10,000 points is *a lot* of points. Most on the SPG board would accept those to be worth $300. That will now get you three weekend nights at the now-demoted Aloft IAD, for example. Heck, 10k will get you a free night at several resort properties in Thailand, Malaysia, and Bali.
One easy comparison (not that it's complete) is that 20K SPG points transfers to 25K miles at many airlines.

20K HH points transfers to 1700 miles at most airlines.

Slightly different ratio.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by cblaisd
You said:

They can be well worth more than that. You didn't claim they were "without value"; you claimed they weren't worth $50.

In the right situations, they are worth up to three times that
+1 I always use points on at least a $600 dollar a night stay. Even going with the lowest room of $600 a night for 50K points, that comes out to 1.2 cents a point which would make 10K points worth $120. Not bad for just making a phone call and sending a text, about 5 minutes total time. Now on New Years Eve at the DT I used 50K points for what was a $7K hotel room for that night. That is 14 cents a point whic makes those 10K points worth $1,400
Old Feb 24, 2011, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
One easy comparison (not that it's complete) is that 20K SPG points transfers to 25K miles at many airlines.

20K HH points transfers to 1700 miles at most airlines.

Slightly different ratio.
At the risk of going off-topic, I don't think that's a valuation ratio most people would agree with. I think from previous threads many people value 1 Hhonors point at around $0.006 and 1 Starwood point at maybe $0.025 points. HHonors points are not as good a currency when it comes to transfers to airline programs, though.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 7:32 am

..and 10,000 points offered from Hampton Inn is worth -$0.20.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Starwood gives 2 points per dollar spent, am I right? That's a big difference right there.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 8:19 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
One easy comparison (not that it's complete)
While that's a starting place, you're right; it isn't complete. If your travels take you to the sort of places I've already noted, 10K points can go a long way.

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
...Now on New Years Eve at the DT I used 50K points for what was a $7K hotel room for that night. That is 14 cents a point whic makes those 10K points worth $1,400
Well done, sir. And our examples show the absurdity of:

Old Feb 24, 2011, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Well done, sir. And our examples show the absurdity of:
You are in the wrong thread.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
At the risk of going off-topic, I don't think that's a valuation ratio most people would agree with. I think from previous threads many people value 1 Hhonors point at around $0.006 and 1 Starwood point at maybe $0.025 points. HHonors points are not as good a currency when it comes to transfers to airline programs, though.
+1 on airline programs. Hilton requires 10K points to buy one Southwest credit where PC and BW are 5K points. HOWEVER, no other chain lets you double dip and hilton also give your 50% bonus points as a diamond whereas BW is only 30%, so even if I did want to use Hilton points for miles (which I never do), the double dipping and 20% extra diamond points would more than make up for the bad exchange rates to airline miles.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stifle
Starwood gives 2 points per dollar spent, am I right? That's a big difference right there.
SPG gives you 2 points per $ and if you are elite 3 points per $. Put I believe the number of points to redeem is also lower. One thing I like about starwood is that like airlines, you can use points for upgrades. I wish Hilton would offer that option.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Most of the hotels I stay at on reward points (including the DT times square and the Bentley in Miami) require 50K HH points. So you are saying a night at one of those properties is worth -$1?

And why is hampton being mentioned? 10K HH points are worth the same regardless of they come from a lower end brand like Hampton or a high end family like Waldorf or conrad.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:46 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Is it just me, or do the last 10 or so posts have absolutely nothing to do with the title of this thread?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.