Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Text loyalty program-- 10,000 points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Text loyalty program-- 10,000 points?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:42 pm
mmo

I sent email yesterday, it worked. Forward the email today and it came back as undeliverable. Also phone number no longer works which worked fine yesterday.... What a pure rip off!
Can't we ramp this up and get somebody's hand slapped?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
+1. This is just embarassing. What loyalty program uses a HOTMAIL account? Seems borderline phishy to me.
Maybe we should just email Renee Snoke, Sales Coordinator at [email protected]. She was taking the calls yesterday at (401) 608-3516.

They did change the websites, both just say "Join our loyalty program! Text Hampton to 40491!" now:

http://www.providencedowntownhotels.com/
http://www.raynhamhotel.com/
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA, DL, SPG gold
This is poor form by local management, and probably the sort of thing that will make Papa Hilton at corporate HQ take notice.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, SC, Avis PC, HH Gold, Hyatt DM, SPG Gold
I got the reply text message, called the number and got the recording that the mailbox was full, sent an email to [email protected], received an email deleted without being read message, called the number again and received the message that the last points were credited on 02/18/2011 and the special was over, received a text message with specials, sent a stop Hampton text message to prevent future texting.

Bad customer service means my stays will be at Hyatts when in their area.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:56 pm

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Send your info to a HOTMAIL account? wow this is pretty ghetto. Now they'll have your name, cell #, email and hhonors number :-)

Favorite pet name anybody?

Originally Posted by BuilderTraveller
I just got another text from them:

Hampton Inn: Send your name and HH number to [email protected] You'll receive your 10K HH points after your first stay at either participating hotel.

WEAK. Oh well.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:57 pm

Rate (USD) 198.00
Taxes 23.17
Total 221.17
Total For Stay
221.17 USD

They are calling for clouds or maybe even rain next weekend. Good thing I can cancel as late as 6pm on check-in day.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:00 pm

I sent the text and made the call shortly after the OP posted the offer. (Thanks, OP!) I just checked and the points are there. Hope they don't take them back now.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:01 pm

The cache on Google for both websites shows the original offer, if you forgot to get a printout. (Type the website in Google, and select Cached)
Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro (LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTG), HH Diamond
This is the ultimate in sketchy.

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

[email protected]
The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.
Sent by Microsoft Exchange Server 2007

Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jaw_24
I also just received the txt about staying to receive the points, but checked my account and the 10k are already there. Here's hoping they can't retract the points!
I got the same text after receiving the points. I'm with you in your hope that the points don't "disappear" tomorrow.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:16 pm

Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:25 pm

Programs: SPG, HH, Avis, United
Quick, everybody book a room for next weekend and we'll all cancel on Thursday for revenge.
I'll get flamed for this opinion but...

Guys... Move on. Someone screwed up.
It was a promotional activity for local customers, not the entire web. They screwed up, that doesn't mean we are all entitled now.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:27 pm

Wink

Originally Posted by askjeffro
It was a promotional activity for local customers, not the entire web. They screwed up, that doesn't mean we are all entitled now.
True - they did only post it on the Rhode Island Internet.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
True - they did only post it on the Rhode Island Internet.
Does Rhode Island even have internet?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by stealph
Send your info to a HOTMAIL account? wow this is pretty ghetto. Now they'll have your name, cell #, email and hhonors number :-)

Favorite pet name anybody?
+1 (and I got the same text). This is just bad marketing. Guess I know which hotel NOT to stay at.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.