Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Text loyalty program-- 10,000 points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Text loyalty program-- 10,000 points?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2011, 8:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
says as of Feb 18th, no longer available
Old Feb 23, 2011, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No email for me - anyone get points yet here? I know Hilton updates pretty quickly.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by ktremor
Deal is DEAD

Got this email reply this morning after her voicemail was full:

Thank you for your e-mail. If this is in regards to the Loyalty Program Promotion of 10,000 points, unfortunatly the promotion has reached its maximum membership. Therefore, the promotion/points are no longer available.

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton brand.
What maximum membership? I don't recall seeing any fine print mentioning that in the FB offer. So I guess if they end up sending me texts in the feature, that means I slipped in before they reached the maximum and they owe me the points

What a poorly designed marketing campaign.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
What maximum membership? I don't recall seeing any fine print mentioning that in the FB offer. So I guess if they end up sending me texts in the feature, that means I slipped in before they reached the maximum and they owe me the points

What a poorly designed marketing campaign.
I got a text this morning. Anyone else?

I'm doubtful that I got points, but hopeful. I do plan to argue if it comes to that. I have a screenshot, and I have texts . . .
Old Feb 23, 2011, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by josephstern

I'm doubtful that I got points, but hopeful. I do plan to argue if it comes to that. I have a screenshot, and I have texts . . .
Just checked my phone. Yes, I got a text.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by josephstern

I also plan on arguing it since I received the text and was told on the phone the miles would be sent over yesterday.

They should have specified in the offer open to the first xxx customers. I am sure hilton won't have a problem sending out the text messages to those people past the maximum though.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: aa
I haven't received an email but I did receive a text this morning. I think they are going to send these to everyone who texted them. There was no time frame mentioned for the posting of points, was there?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ryandc99
I was also unable to leave a voicemail. However I spoke with someone at the front desk who told me if you email Rennee at [email protected] she will get you taken care of.
So this is (was?) the correct email address? Trying to email her at this address now bounces back. I'm thinking they really did get slammed and even took down her email address temporarily....
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k Marriott Titanium
It seems to me that these 2 sites are run by a slightly smaller time guy who's trying to do some innovative marketing, but I think he realized the power of the internet on this one.

I think it would have been better if he required a stay at his property, AND signup for the text list.

I got a text today with a 20% discount off of base rate for either property.

This is not a program run by Hilton "headquarters" so I'm not sure that they will "owe" you anything....

I for one appreciate a guy who steps out to try some innovative marketing-- and gives me 10k points!
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ytjk
I for one appreciate a guy who steps out to try some innovative marketing-- and gives me 10k points!
But I doubt she or he has got 10 million points in his marketing budget
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by ytjk
It seems to me that these 2 sites are run by a slightly smaller time guy who's trying to do some innovative marketing, but I think he realized the power of the internet on this one.

I think it would have been better if he required a stay at his property, AND signup for the text list.

I got a text today with a 20% discount off of base rate for either property.

This is not a program run by Hilton "headquarters" so I'm not sure that they will "owe" you anything....

I didn't receive the text for the 20% discount. I am sure the GM or market person that came up with this promo ever thought it would reach FT or becaome this popular (kind of like the 15K MQM's for donating to the charities for delta last year, I would have never heard of that preomo if it wasn't for FT).

The smart way to have handled it would have been to require a promo code that they would have printed on the folio ro targeted the promo to guests staying there and given the 10K points only to those guests. Or simply required a stay to get the points.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:20 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
My 10K points posted this morning
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Me too! Too bad I wasn't quick enough to get my mom's account credited as well.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Did you reach her by phone or by email?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:52 am

Programs: AA,Skymiles, Amtrak,HH Gold and Amex
HHONORS INCENTIVE POINTS - HAMPTON INN & SUITES PROVIDENCE DOWNTOWN 10,000 0 23-Feb-2011 .

Me Too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.