Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Text loyalty program-- 10,000 points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Text loyalty program-- 10,000 points?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2011, 11:53 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I called the number listed, and asked what the program was. I was told they have there own promotional program and will send out text messages with deals on hotel rooms or dinners or the like. So for giving your number to get an occasional txt message they will give you 10k points.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I did the text and got a message to call 401-608-3516 I googled the number and it shows up as the director of sales. I called and she just asked my name and HH number and said she would send the points over today and I should see them in 2 weeks.

You may be able to get away with just calling the number and saying you are responding to the text if you don't want to get any text messages or are paying by the text message.
I just tried calling and got the voicemail of someone at the Hampton Inn in Providence saying she is either away from her desk or on another call. My guess is that she is on another call and is getting a bunch of them. I didn't leave a message and will try again later. If I can't get through I may just leave my name, cell number and HH number and hope that will be all I need to do to get the 10k points.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 12:33 pm

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Just posting to say same experience here. Thanks to the OP!
Old Feb 22, 2011, 12:41 pm

Programs: Delta SM, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis First
Edit: Text went through on another line, called and went straight through, live person, even!

Last edited by jaw_24; Feb 22, 2011 at 2:26 pm
Old Feb 22, 2011, 1:01 pm

Text worked for me a few minutes ago. It is still active.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 1:40 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
anybody else getting through the call number?
Old Feb 22, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
Texted, got the message back to call. Called the number. I had to leave a message.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: HH Gold and lowly DL FO
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I did the text and got a message to call 401-608-3516 I googled the number and it shows up as the director of sales. I called and she just asked my name and HH number and said she would send the points over today and I should see them in 2 weeks.

You may be able to get away with just calling the number and saying you are responding to the text if you don't want to get any text messages or are paying by the text message.
I did a Google search for the number and it looks like the phone call goes directly to the sales office of the Hampton Inn and Suites Providence Downtown:

Renee Snoke, Sales Coordinator
Phone: (401) 608-3516

http://www.providencedowntownhotels.com/contact.php
Old Feb 22, 2011, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k Marriott Titanium
I left a message with her last night, I didn't hear back. Sounds like it works though. I don't feel bad about this as I spend 8-10 nights a year in Providence or Raynham for work.

If I get the points I will let you know.

(added)

OK I just got off the phone with Renee. I think I swamped her by posting so I don't feel too good about that. But I am confident that the points will come, and I hope people take advantage to stay at one of their properties.

Last edited by ytjk; Feb 22, 2011 at 2:19 pm
Old Feb 22, 2011, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, CO Plat, UA 1P, FB Plat, Marriott PLT, PC Plat, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Nat'l Exec
Ditto for: Got text, call went to message, gonna call back later...
Old Feb 22, 2011, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone know how to block cramming on an AT&T account (iPhone)?
Old Feb 22, 2011, 2:41 pm

Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
I got the front desk, evetually, who transferred me to sales, but it went to voice mail, left my info, so it is a wait and see for me
Old Feb 22, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, CO Plat, UA 1P, FB Plat, Marriott PLT, PC Plat, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by ytjk
I left a message with her last night, I didn't hear back. Sounds like it works though. I don't feel bad about this as I spend 8-10 nights a year in Providence or Raynham for work.

If I get the points I will let you know.

(added)

OK I just got off the phone with Renee. I think I swamped her by posting so I don't feel too good about that. But I am confident that the points will come, and I hope people take advantage to stay at one of their properties.
FYI, this is now on Ingy's blog too. I'm guessing that's responsible for most of the traffic.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
She just returned my call and took down my info. She says she is SLAMMED!!! Everytime she's on the phone returning a call she gets 5 new messages left. She isn't put out AT ALL by the number of calls she is getting -- she's actually quite pleasant about it all.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Her mailbox is full now . . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.