Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Text loyalty program-- 10,000 points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Text loyalty program-- 10,000 points?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Just received this text:

Hampton Inn: Send your name and HH number to [email protected] You'll receive your 10K HH points after your first stay at either participating hotel.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro (LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTG), HH Diamond
I just got a text saying I'd receive my 10K points after my first stay at either participating hotel. I call shenanigans... they are trying to back out of the original offer. I signed up via text at 1:16am on Tuesday.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:20 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I just got another text from them:

Hampton Inn: Send your name and HH number to [email protected] You'll receive your 10K HH points after your first stay at either participating hotel.

WEAK. Oh well.

Last edited by BuilderTraveller; Feb 23, 2011 at 12:22 pm Reason: fixed email address
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same here. Not cool.

They'd have been better off with nothing. Now we all hate them.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, CO Plat, UA 1P, FB Plat, Marriott PLT, PC Plat, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by josephstern
Data points

Text: yes

HH points: no

Method: emailed, haven't gotten a reply either way
I did the same, with the same results. Received the 20% off text this morning, followed by another just moments ago:

"Send your name and HH number to [email protected]. You'll receive your 10k HH points after your first stay at either participating hotel."
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
terms changed?

I just got this text

So now you have to stay to get the POints?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Got the same text just a few moments ago as well, but fortunately I checked and saw this welcome piece of info on my activity:

HHONORS INCENTIVE POINTS - HAMPTON INN & SUITES PROVIDENCE DOWNTOWN 10,000

Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro (LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTG), HH Diamond
Just emailed back asking why they are reneging on their earlier offer. If they don't honor the original offer, it's going to have the exact opposite effect of a loyalty program.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by chriseng
I call shenanigans...
Everybody grab a broom
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Exactly the drill I followed, except my call was at about 11:15 EST.
I called at 11:27 am yesterday and spoke with Renee. I still don't see any points posted.

And now I received the text msg about receiving the points after the first stay at either participating hotel.

We should not let this slide. They are trying to weasel out of this one.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by tpat
Quick, everybody book a room for next weekend and we'll all cancel on Thursday for revenge.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Just emailed back asking why they are reneging on their earlier offer. If they don't honor the original offer, it's going to have the exact opposite effect of a loyalty program.
+1. This is just embarassing. What loyalty program uses a HOTMAIL account? Seems borderline phishy to me.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:36 pm

Programs: Delta SM, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis First
I also just received the txt about staying to receive the points, but checked my account and the 10k are already there. Here's hoping they can't retract the points!
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by tpat
I called at 11:27 am yesterday and spoke with Renee. I still don't see any points posted.

And now I received the text msg about receiving the points after the first stay at either participating hotel.

Did you expect something for nothing?

Personally I am surprised they would run such a dumb offer predicated on a dial-in requirement, the phone lines are jammed - I get a "not in service" recording.

Basically this is now a 10k bonus for staying at a Hampton. Not bad, but I'm going to "unsubscribe" if they continue to spam text me (also pretty stupid). Does HHonors have any adults working there today?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:39 pm

Very shady to change the terms of the offer, that you now must stay at one of two properties, after so many of us had texted in yesterday with the understanding that we would receive the points by following the original instructions.

This reflects very poorly on Hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.