Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Text loyalty program-- 10,000 points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2011, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold

I had a card in may hampton key package--- I did a search... found nothing...

Any one tried this?

If you text "HAMPTON" to a number, there's supposedly 10k points in it for you...

Thanks
ytjk
Old Feb 21, 2011, 8:02 pm

Programs: National EE, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
I've seen something like that on a few Hampton Inn websites:
http://www.providencedowntownhotels.com/
http://www.raynhamhotel.com/

Never got around to it though.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Yep I got it from Raynham. They are pretty good I think-- they send a Christmas card to frequent stayers etc. etc. Actually seem to notice.

If you can get the 10k without getting charged $2.99 a month for something on your phone I'll let you know.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 8:29 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ytjk
Yep I got it from Raynham. They are pretty good I think-- they send a Christmas card to frequent stayers etc. etc. Actually seem to notice.

If you can get the 10k without getting charged $2.99 a month for something on your phone I'll let you know.
Please let us know. I wouldn't mind the points
Old Feb 21, 2011, 9:10 pm
xp0

Interesting ... yes, if you try it, please let me know the outcome! It might be worth calling them and just asking. If I get a free minute I will try calling them tomorrow morning
Old Feb 21, 2011, 9:50 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
How do they get your HHonors number?
Old Feb 21, 2011, 9:57 pm

They also post it in facebook a few days ago.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hampto...m/343529570876
Old Feb 21, 2011, 10:08 pm

Programs: Too Many to Count
Originally Posted by cblaisd
How do they get your HHonors number?
That is also my question. I'm not a big texter, though, so I have no idea if there's some sort of validation at the end that required a hhonors number. If anyone can post their attempt, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

I've followed the process, I will be able to give you more details tomorrow -- have to wait overnight to see how it all turns out.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Just did it in 30 seconds. Sent the text, got a reply and called the number in the text message. A girl asked for my full name and HHonors number, and said the 10k points would show up within 2 weeks!

Will update when I see the balance show up!
Old Feb 22, 2011, 9:19 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Exactly my experience. I had also faxed the hotel for clarification and had a nice email back from a manager this morning
Old Feb 22, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
To avoid the changes you can place "Bill Blocker" or Third party "courtesy" billing blocking on your lines. As you know phone companies are helping scammers by acting like a credit card with none the rights. If you've ever been crammed you may know about these services. Basically the phone company blocks all charges from third parties from appearing on or being charged to your accont. One of the best inventions ever.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I did the text and got a message to call 401-608-3516 I googled the number and it shows up as the director of sales. I called and she just asked my name and HH number and said she would send the points over today and I should see them in 2 weeks.

You may be able to get away with just calling the number and saying you are responding to the text if you don't want to get any text messages or are paying by the text message.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Am I the only one who thinks along the lines of "if it looks too good to be true..."

Giving away 10K for no reason to everyone sounds a tad generous to me...
Old Feb 22, 2011, 11:44 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
They are collecting traveler's cell phone numbers and trying to get new members, so it isn't like they are giving away points for nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.