Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MS02113
Room Types

• Deluxe Suite
    Standard 430 square-foot, two-room suite with one king or two double beds. Some available with sofa bed (as opposed to standard sofa); contact hotel to secure.
  • Hudson River-View Suite
    Same floor plan as Deluxe Suite, but with views across the Irish Hunger Memorial to Hudson River. Room numbers ending in 24 through 28. As with Deluxe Suites, some furnished with sofa beds.
  • Executive Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Deluxe Suite, includes larger living area, larger bathroom with both shower and soaking tub, and walk-in closet in bedroom. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Luxury Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Executive Suite, includes larger living area with dining table and guest bathroom, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and soaking tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Conrad Suite
    1,500 square-foot, top-floor corner suite with one king bed. Includes large living area with guest bathroom, separate dining room, office with iMac and HDTV, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and Jacuzzi tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
Hilton Honors Benefits

• Gold and Diamond members receive room upgrade, based on availability.
  • Gold members receive choice of daily complimentary breakfast or 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • Diamond members receive both daily complimentary breakfast and 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • For eligible members, complimentary breakfast is served at Atrio restaurant:
    • On weekdays, members receive choice of set Hilton Honors menu or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward àla carte menu. Hilton Honors breakfast menu as follows:
      • Choice of fresh-squeezed orange or grapefruit juice
      • Choice of French press coffee or loose leaf tea
      • Choice of one of the following:
        • Basket of assorted pastries
        • House-made coconut and sunflower seed granola with organic Greek yogurt, nuts, seasonal berries
        • Seasonal fresh fruit and berries
        • Irish oatmeal with cinnamon, vanilla, caramelized banana, seasonal berries
        • Scrambled eggs bruschetta with ciabatta rustica, tomato, basil, chives, Vincotto balsamic vinegar
    • On weekends and holidays, members receive choice of hot breakfast buffet or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward àla carte menu.
Dining and Shopping

Transportation

• Several subway lines within walking distance:
  • Downtown Connection, a free shuttle service with 36 stops throughout downtown Manhattan, stops directly in front of hotel at North End Avenue and Murray Street. Operates seven days a week (except Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day) from 10:00 a.m. through 7:30 p.m.
Conrad Stuffed Animal
"Hudson the Bull"
Print Wikipost

Conrad New York Downtown {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Reading what's included in breakfast selection is enough reason for me to avoid this hotel. That's too bad.
Same here. I am overdue a visit to New York and I've been waiting to hear some reviews from this hotel.

I know it is a free breakfast (to diamond/gold) but I think I would rather pay and eat elsewhere! They can't seriously charge paying customers $26 for this?

Definitely puts me off this property.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by MS02113
Breakfast consisted of a French press of coffee, freshly squeezed juice, and a basket of pastries, all delivered to my table. Seeing the menu price was $26.00 (!), I asked the server if I could apply that sum toward a different breakfast item, but was denied.
I don't think I would be visiting this hotel also. I have yet to actually had an continental breakfast at any of the Hilton branded hotel yet. Either the hotel would offer full breakfast or let me trade in the amount of the continental breakfast toward a different item on the menu. I am diabetic, juice and pastries would not be my first choice for breakfast.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:26 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
I stayed a couple of nights at this property (2 weeks ago), and had a very pleasant time.

Positives: room was big, clean, new, and modern. I booked the deluxe suite (base room, cash stay) and got superior suite (1 category upgrade). Staff were very friendly and professional... pretty helpful all around, though can't say I had a lot to ask of them. I did show up for breakfast around 1pm (clearly outside of breakfast hours) both days-- just wanted an OJ and croissant to go-- and they gladly retrieved them for me. Short walk to Tribeca... a little farther to Soho, but not a bad location IMO. Extremely easy to find a cab, and not too far from a few different subway lines. I prefer it to Midtown/Times Sq, but would rather be in Soho/Gramercy/Union Sq given the option.

Negatives: empty mini-bar (front desk agent was surprised, but it never got stocked while I was there). Front desk agents also unable to give any bills smaller than $10 on both occasions that I tried (Thurs night and Sat afternoon)... feel like they're screwing over the help, as nobody's going to tip $10 for hailing a cab. Catching a cab at night is easy, but the ride is very slow until you get past the Holland Tunnel (tons of traffic there... I actually had a cab take FDR on my way to Gramercy Park on Saturday night, because walking back to the hotel, West st. northbound was a parking lot.)

If you're really into being recognized for your Diamond status, this isn't your place... I don't value breakfast too highly in NY, so didn't care a lot. And I got the impression that a 1 category upgrade was standard for Diamonds... would be nice if they did bump a couple of categories, depending on occupancy... maybe they do. My Superior suite looked straight into another building, so shades spend a lot of the day down.

All in all, I enjoyed the Conrad, and I'll stay there again... especially if I'm in NY for work. Though it's probably not my go-to hotel. If you're going as a tourist, haven't spent much time in NY before, or plan on seeing a few shows, it's not going to be very convenient (except for WTC/Statue of Liberty ferry).
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by aubs
I know it is a free breakfast (to diamond/gold) but I think I would rather pay and eat elsewhere! They can't seriously charge paying customers $26 for this?
The continental breakfast is called "Battery Park." Find the breakfast menu here:
http://www.conradnewyork.com/wp-cont...nload.php?id=6

Some here are coming down hard on the property for its meager HHonors breakfast offering. While I certainly appreciate a full breakfast when offered, I think the property's positives far outweigh this shortcoming. By contrast, Waldorf Astoria hotels aren't obligated to provide elites any free breakfast at all.

Last edited by MS02113; Apr 19, 2012 at 11:08 am
Old Apr 25, 2012, 9:49 am

Well, I just found out that the featured toy is "Hudson The Bull", so that sealed the deal. Mrs. PedroNY and I will spend a couple of nights at this Conrad (next weekend), so I will post my write up after our experience.

It should be noted, I was always a fan of the Embassy Suites at this location. My out-of-town family members stayed here and loved it. So, this year long renovation and rebranding got me very excited, looking forward to the new style and experience.

Regarding the breakfast, of course this is not Embassy Suites cook to order breakfast, but as someone else mentioned, W-A only gives you a certificate to get a pastry at the Starbucks downstairs, and I've been on the receiving end of that a couple of times. Granted, W-A also gives you 2 drink vouchers to their bar as an alternative, which was a nice perk for a Diamond. It is good to see that Conrad NY actually gives you the continental breakfast. I am a bit surprised they don't allow you to pay additional money to get the full breakfast, but oh well.

Best,

PedroNY
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:55 pm

Programs: HHonors (Diamond), SPG, Marriott Rewards, ALoyalty, Club Carlson, M&M
Been there for a two-day reward stay last week.

Positive:
Ugraded from a Deluxe to a superior room even as a Gold and I could see that prior to my stay in my HHonors profile (I LOVE that). No online check-in, though.
Asked for two Hudson bulls and wasn't charged for them. That was a really nice touch, since you can order via the iPhone App and then they'd cost money.
Nice technology in the suites, touch panels for everything. Very nice furniture, soft mattress, pillows of differing softness.
Could store two big suitcases for three days afterwards and wasn't charged a penny (other HHonors properties in NYC take 3,50 per suitcase per day).
Got a view of the Goldman-Sachs tower and the Colgate clock on the NJ side.
Terrycloth bathrobes are among the best I ever got.

Things they will have to work on:
Free breakfast consists of either two or three pieces of pastry, orange juice, coffee and some marmelade or honey, served at the table or as a to-go meal (which I thought was a good idea as you can take your breakfast items to Battery Park on a nice day). I was also offered to choose between pastries and toast, but didn't choose the toast, so I can say nothing about it. Maybe this is just the beginning and they'll offer a buffet one day.
Blinds in the room were made of wood and looked quite classy, but: they are so thick and heavy that you can't pull them up without having to call a janitor afterwards because strings will get stuck or the whole construction will be about to break or come down. The service man will then lower them fully, because their weight won't allow them to be lifted up, so if you've got a view, it will be impossible to take a photo of it which doesn't give the impression that you're behind bars. I'd sue the "blind" company who installed those. There are wonderful blackout curtains, so there's no need for them anyway.
There were only lady-sized slippers on our floor and when we asked the maid for slippers bigger than 6 1/2, we got another pair of those, which had a sole stating that they were "large". Slippers were again of superior quality, they were just too small for men even with small feet.

Apart from these minor issues, I think it is a wonderful hotel and I'd absolutely recommend to stay there. Staff was really friendly and welcoming and you could see that they were trying everything to make you feel at home.
Old May 1, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Hilton Diamond/Marriott Platinum/Hertz Pres. Circle/Avis Grand Wizard/Wife's Favorite Husband
Originally Posted by aubs
Same here. I am overdue a visit to New York and I've been waiting to hear some reviews from this hotel.

Definitely puts me off this property.
I stayed there with the wife for 3 nights two weeks back. The "continental breakfast" was incredibly strange.

- A croissant
- A chocolate filled pastry
- A round bun (made of the same dough as the croissant, and the pastry)
- Jam in small containers (that really didn't fit with any of the "breads" above)
- Orange Juice
- Coffee/Tea

I would have been rather annoyed at paying $26 for that breakfast. We just skipped it on morning 2 and 3 and opted to eat somewhere in town.

Otherwise we Ms. and myself both liked the hotel, and would go back there. Preferably when the rooftop bar is open.

Last edited by parvez; May 1, 2012 at 12:48 pm
Old May 3, 2012, 7:35 am

HHonors Breakfast

The HHonors Member complimentary Breakfast has been updated to now feature the following:

Freshly Pressed Orange or Grapefruit Juice
Freshly Brewed Coffee or Hand Cut Loose Leaf Tea Selection

Choice of One of the following:

Basket of Just Baked Pastries or Country Toast
-
House Made Almond & Red Quinoa Granola | Organic Greek Yogurt
-
Market Fresh Fruit & Berries | Gingered Carrot Bread
-
La Quercia Prosciutto | Seasonal Melon | Baby Arugula | Aged Balsamic
-
Steel Cut Oatmeal | Warm Fruit Compote | Agave Nectar
Old May 3, 2012, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by AlexMktgMgr
The HHonors Member complimentary Breakfast has been updated to now feature the following:

-
-
-
-
Alex, thanks for the update on the breakfasts for Diamond VIPs. I am a Diamond VIP checking in to the hotel tomorrow for a multi-night stay, and I have been turned off somewhat by the comments about the breakfast. I appreciate seeing the slight modification and extra options. By any chance have there been other changes to the policy, such as allowing Diamond VIPs to pay a fee to get a full breakfast buffet?
Old May 3, 2012, 10:43 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite

-
-
-
-
Thanks for the update, this is appreciated. Looking forward to our first visit.
Old May 6, 2012, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond

-
-
-
-
We took advantage of this yesterday and were very pleased to see the expanded selection. ^ Granola with yoghurt was excellent, as was the pastry basket. While we were not allowed to use the value of the continental breakfast towards other items, this was a completely satisfactory alternative.
Old May 6, 2012, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by MS02113
By contrast, Waldorf Astoria hotels aren't obligated to provide elites any free breakfast at all.
Conrad = Waldorf ? --->

PS: As a diamond I do expect to have a free full breakfast regardless of the t&c's
Old May 6, 2012, 7:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ

-
-
-
-

Thanks for the update. This breakfast doesn't look better than the old one. A reason for me to avoid the hotel.
Old May 6, 2012, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Conrad = Waldorf ? --->

PS: As a diamond I do expect to have a free full breakfast regardless of the t&c's
Then I suggest you adjust your expectations.

Thanks for the update. This breakfast doesn't look better than the old one. A reason for me to avoid the hotel.
I am greatly amused that you would let this be your reason to avoid a property.
Old May 7, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
There are now five choices as opposed to the previous one (pastry basket). How does this not look better?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.