Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MS02113
Room Types

• Deluxe Suite
    Standard 430 square-foot, two-room suite with one king or two double beds. Some available with sofa bed (as opposed to standard sofa); contact hotel to secure.
  • Hudson River-View Suite
    Same floor plan as Deluxe Suite, but with views across the Irish Hunger Memorial to Hudson River. Room numbers ending in 24 through 28. As with Deluxe Suites, some furnished with sofa beds.
  • Executive Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Deluxe Suite, includes larger living area, larger bathroom with both shower and soaking tub, and walk-in closet in bedroom. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Luxury Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Executive Suite, includes larger living area with dining table and guest bathroom, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and soaking tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Conrad Suite
    1,500 square-foot, top-floor corner suite with one king bed. Includes large living area with guest bathroom, separate dining room, office with iMac and HDTV, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and Jacuzzi tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
Hilton Honors Benefits

• Gold and Diamond members receive room upgrade, based on availability.
  • Gold members receive choice of daily complimentary breakfast or 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • Diamond members receive both daily complimentary breakfast and 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • For eligible members, complimentary breakfast is served at Atrio restaurant:
    • On weekdays, members receive choice of set Hilton Honors menu or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward la carte menu. Hilton Honors breakfast menu as follows:
      • Choice of fresh-squeezed orange or grapefruit juice
      • Choice of French press coffee or loose leaf tea
      • Choice of one of the following:
        • Basket of assorted pastries
        • House-made coconut and sunflower seed granola with organic Greek yogurt, nuts, seasonal berries
        • Seasonal fresh fruit and berries
        • Irish oatmeal with cinnamon, vanilla, caramelized banana, seasonal berries
        • Scrambled eggs bruschetta with ciabatta rustica, tomato, basil, chives, Vincotto balsamic vinegar
    • On weekends and holidays, members receive choice of hot breakfast buffet or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward la carte menu.
Dining and Shopping

Transportation

• Several subway lines within walking distance:
  • Downtown Connection, a free shuttle service with 36 stops throughout downtown Manhattan, stops directly in front of hotel at North End Avenue and Murray Street. Operates seven days a week (except Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day) from 10:00 a.m. through 7:30 p.m.
Conrad Stuffed Animal
"Hudson the Bull"
Print Wikipost

Conrad New York Downtown {US-NY}

Old Oct 15, 2010, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond
Arrow Conrad New York Downtown {US-NY}

On the Conrad website, it lists the Conrad NY as opening in 2011. Is this one of the current Hiltons being rebranded or a new hotel?

Thanks
Old Oct 15, 2010, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
See the Embassy Suites NY Forum

Posted back in July:

Now scheduled to be renovated and rebranded as a Conrad in 4Q2011.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 8:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
And since this will be happening, here's an interesting bit of post from DELee in that thread:

Originally Posted by DELee
I was at a meeting in Newark (at the EWR Marriott) two weeks ago and had Thursday afternoon/evening open so I went into Lower Manhattan.

(A FYI: To/From NYC Penn Station-EWR: Airtrain/NJ Transit

As noted in previous posts, you can take the AirTrain from any of the EWR terminals to the Newark Liberty Airport Station/Rail Link Station. From there you can purchase a one way or round trip ticket from this station to New York City's Penn Station. This may work easiest for travelers who want the fewest connections while hauling luggage around and needing to get to Midtown Manhattan.)

To/From Lower Manhattan-Newark Penn Station-EWR: Airtrain/NJ Transit/PATH

This was the routing I took using Airtrain to the Newark Airport Station where I purchased a $16 round trip ticket to go one stop on NJ Transit's commuter rail to Newark Penn Station. Getting off that train, I purchased a PATH 2-trip MetroCard ($3.50) and took PATH from Newark Penn Station to the PATH World Trade Center Station in Lower Manhattan.

The PATH WTC Station is immediately north of the WTC site and highlighted below in the middle red square at the intersection of Vesey and W. Broadway:

I wandered around to look at three hotel properties (I guess FlyerTalk is becoming my middle name ) that I was thinking about staying at when my family visits NYC next summer: the Millennium Hilton, Marriott Downtown (in rounded boxes) and Embassy Suites (the red oval).

The longer vertical rounded rectangle below the ES oval highlights a few restaurants with patios that look out over the Hudson that are part of the World Financial Center complex - and which were really packed on that Thursday. I also wandered around the area looking at options for dinner as well as pubs/bars for a drink - many of them were quite busy at that time (7 - 8 PM). It was a fairly decent late summer evening so weather didn't impact any of the outdoor places I wandered into and around.

To get from the PATH WTC Station to the ES currently requires walking up and down stairs and along temporary walkways that cross the West Side Highway due to WTC construction. If you don't want to do the stairs (and since not all of the elevators that are part of this construction detour are working) you may need to go north to Barclay before you head west toward the ES.

I didn't try to get into a room but the atrium of the ES is awesome: The first shot is toward the entrance windows to the West; the second is looking back toward the inside of the hotel and atrium to the East; the third is looking down from the 12th (?) floor walkway visible at the top of the first shot. Photos were taken around 7:30 PM EDT.

<photos deleted>

One other comment: I forgot how many people use PATH and comprise the the overall Manhattan experience - be ready to walk or be rapidly walked around by many, many people who know where they want to get to.

Should be interesting to see what the Conrad does with this property.

David
Old Oct 16, 2010, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
ES Staff said they are closing in January for the refurb ...
Old Oct 19, 2010, 5:02 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
I heard from others that the ES was a good hotel with good staff, so I hope this stays true when the hotel reopens as a Conrad.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
very nice....i'm looking forward to staying here next year....
Old Oct 20, 2010, 2:49 pm

Any word on what kind of toy they will have? Conrad Bear? Just wondering if they will keep up that tradition at this hotel. ES was a good hotel, they always treated my family well, I hope this new re-brand will keep it up.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 3:28 pm

This is the one thats behind the new Goldman Sachs building. There use to be a terrible Chinese food restaurant in the building. Rumor has it that they cleared out all the leaseholders except for the AMC theater to make way for more and better food options.

Btw, is the Conrad toy always something thats left in the room or can be purchased by the front desk?

I just came back from a stay at the Conrad Miami and did not see a toy manatee in the room.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jjpop39
I just came back from a stay at the Conrad Miami and did not see a toy manatee in the room.
same here....nothing at the conrad bali....
Old Oct 21, 2010, 1:07 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Originally Posted by saad
same here....nothing at the conrad bali....
I got my elephant at the Conrad Bangkok last month...YMMV
Old Oct 21, 2010, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 419er
I got my elephant at the Conrad Bangkok last month...YMMV
i got a bear at the conrad hong kong earlier this year....but like i said, nothing at the conrad bali....
Old Oct 21, 2010, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Some of these Conrad toys actually are available on request only like Conrad Chicago, which is a cow.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.

We took the Manatee from the room amusing it was like other Conrad properties and a nice charge of either $15 or $10 appeared on the bill.This was a couple of years ago, won't be in a rush to return.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 7:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Goldman Sachs' Hotel Renovations Leave Hundreds Jobless
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:35 pm

Any updates?

Any updates about this hotel? I am actually of thinking of booking a room in December 2011, but I dont' think reservation system is up for it yet. Does anyone know if this one is still on schedule to open Q4, 2011?

Thank you,

PedroNY

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.