Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MS02113
Room Types

• Deluxe Suite
    Standard 430 square-foot, two-room suite with one king or two double beds. Some available with sofa bed (as opposed to standard sofa); contact hotel to secure.
  • Hudson River-View Suite
    Same floor plan as Deluxe Suite, but with views across the Irish Hunger Memorial to Hudson River. Room numbers ending in 24 through 28. As with Deluxe Suites, some furnished with sofa beds.
  • Executive Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Deluxe Suite, includes larger living area, larger bathroom with both shower and soaking tub, and walk-in closet in bedroom. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Luxury Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Executive Suite, includes larger living area with dining table and guest bathroom, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and soaking tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Conrad Suite
    1,500 square-foot, top-floor corner suite with one king bed. Includes large living area with guest bathroom, separate dining room, office with iMac and HDTV, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and Jacuzzi tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
Hilton Honors Benefits

• Gold and Diamond members receive room upgrade, based on availability.
  • Gold members receive choice of daily complimentary breakfast or 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • Diamond members receive both daily complimentary breakfast and 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • For eligible members, complimentary breakfast is served at Atrio restaurant:
    • On weekdays, members receive choice of set Hilton Honors menu or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward àla carte menu. Hilton Honors breakfast menu as follows:
      • Choice of fresh-squeezed orange or grapefruit juice
      • Choice of French press coffee or loose leaf tea
      • Choice of one of the following:
        • Basket of assorted pastries
        • House-made coconut and sunflower seed granola with organic Greek yogurt, nuts, seasonal berries
        • Seasonal fresh fruit and berries
        • Irish oatmeal with cinnamon, vanilla, caramelized banana, seasonal berries
        • Scrambled eggs bruschetta with ciabatta rustica, tomato, basil, chives, Vincotto balsamic vinegar
    • On weekends and holidays, members receive choice of hot breakfast buffet or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward àla carte menu.
Dining and Shopping

Transportation

• Several subway lines within walking distance:
  • Downtown Connection, a free shuttle service with 36 stops throughout downtown Manhattan, stops directly in front of hotel at North End Avenue and Murray Street. Operates seven days a week (except Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day) from 10:00 a.m. through 7:30 p.m.
Conrad Stuffed Animal
"Hudson the Bull"
Print Wikipost

Conrad New York Downtown {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2012, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by AlexMktgMgr
Hi Ken,

We look forward to having you in June! That is a beautiful time to visit New York City and our rooftop bar will be open by then.

To answer your question, Gold members receive upgrades based on availability.

Please let me know if you have any other questions before your visit!

Best Regards,
Alex
Hi again Alex,

Thanks for the quick response.
Just made a reservation for 8 nights from 5/31 to 6/8 (under my real name, s. mck).
I requested a higher floor in the comments section, so here's hoping! Thanks for your help - we're SUPER-excited about staying at the Conrad.

See you then!

s.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 1:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Breakfest and lounge?

Hi,
just came over this thread.

breakfest for Hilton Gold is included?

is there an executive floor?

Thank you in advance
Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:41 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; no) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.570 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

What happened to the opening offer that was to run until end of April? Seems it was pulled.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Onewhoknows
Hi,
just came over this thread.

breakfest for Hilton Gold is included?

is there an executive floor?

Thank you in advance

Hello,

As a Hilton HHonors Gold member, you can choose between an upgrade OR Complimentary Continental Breakfast+ 1,000 extra points. We do not have an executive floor.

Hope this helps

Thank you,
Alex
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Hello,

As a Hilton HHonors Gold member, you can choose between an upgrade OR Complimentary Continental Breakfast+ 1,000 extra points. We do not have an executive floor.

Hope this helps

Thank you,
Alex
Yes, it Does!
Thank You .
See you on Thanksgiving for a week then !
Old Apr 11, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
For HHonors Gold members, isn't the MyWay choice supposed to be between Upgrade & Breakfast OR Upgrade & 1,000 points? Guests shouldn't be losing out on an upgrade if they want the free breakfast.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerAl
For HHonors Gold members, isn't the MyWay choice supposed to be between Upgrade & Breakfast OR Upgrade & 1,000 points? Guests shouldn't be losing out on an upgrade if they want the free breakfast.
Sorry you are correct, that was mistyped earlier. Here is the correct information...

All Hilton HHonors Gold guests will receive the following:
•Upgrades to Preferred Rooms..
Gold HHonors guests will receive upgrades to preferred rooms, based on availability for the entire stay at the time of check-in.

AND choose ONE of the following:
•Earn 1,000 Hilton HHonors® Bonus Points per stay.

•Continental Breakfast.
You will receive complimentary Continental breakfast for you and up to one additional registered hotel guest in the same room each day of your stay.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 8:50 pm

Programs: WJ Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Accor Platinum
I was curious about the same..hoping Alex can provide some insight!

Originally Posted by view
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; no) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.570 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

What happened to the opening offer that was to run until end of April? Seems it was pulled.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
Does the Gold/Diamond complimentary breakfast come in the form of a breakfast buffet or is it strictly for cold items? If it's the latter, is it possible to upgrade to a hot breakfast for a charge?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by FlyerAl
Does the Gold/Diamond complimentary breakfast come in the form of a breakfast buffet or is it strictly for cold items? If it's the latter, is it possible to upgrade to a hot breakfast for a charge?
Just spent two nights at the Conrad New York. I must say it was a real disappointment after being at the Conrad in Hong Kong. Anyway, the continental breakfast is really sparse. It includes a pot of coffee or tea, a basket of three pastries and a glass of juice full of ice. This 'continental breakfast' is served to you at the table--no buffet. There is nothing else included--no fruit, yogurt, cereals, etc that one would expect of a Hilton or Conrad. There are a couple of great NY diner type places for breakfast a few blocks away.

The eleventh floor room was very nice and spacious with a modern bathroom and comfortable bed. My daughter stayed on the eighth floor and reported a serious lack of water pressure and her description of the bathroom in her room did not match ours at all.

The elevator is very annoying and dings at every floor, but it works well and virtually no wait for it. Staff is good, but it just didn't seem like a Conrad to me.

The subway is about 4 blocks away and there aren't always taxis waiting at the Conrad so transportation is a little tricky.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
Originally Posted by ctkathy
Just spent two nights at the Conrad New York. I must say it was a real disappointment after being at the Conrad in Hong Kong. Anyway, the continental breakfast is really sparse. It includes a pot of coffee or tea, a basket of three pastries and a glass of juice full of ice. This 'continental breakfast' is served to you at the table--no buffet. There is nothing else included--no fruit, yogurt, cereals, etc that one would expect of a Hilton or Conrad. There are a couple of great NY diner type places for breakfast a few blocks away.

The eleventh floor room was very nice and spacious with a modern bathroom and comfortable bed. My daughter stayed on the eighth floor and reported a serious lack of water pressure and her description of the bathroom in her room did not match ours at all.

The elevator is very annoying and dings at every floor, but it works well and virtually no wait for it. Staff is good, but it just didn't seem like a Conrad to me.

The subway is about 4 blocks away and there aren't always taxis waiting at the Conrad so transportation is a little tricky.
Thanks for the report. I'm about to make a stay for here with my wife in September. I was initially concerned about the location being further South than we usually stay (Usually stay at Hilton Times Square or 57th), but we had such a pleasant stay at the Conrad Tokyo that we felt like mixing it up.

I'm Diamond, and was disappointed to read there isn't an Executive Floor. I'm on the fence now.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 6:11 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by BrianV
Thanks for the report. I'm about to make a stay for here with my wife in September. I was initially concerned about the location being further South than we usually stay (Usually stay at Hilton Times Square or 57th), but we had such a pleasant stay at the Conrad Tokyo that we felt like mixing it up.

I'm Diamond, and was disappointed to read there isn't an Executive Floor. I'm on the fence now.

We go to NYC often and I don't have a favorite hotel there but I've not stayed at the Mellinium yet. I thought the area was great! It was nice to see a different (for us) part of NYC and we enjoyed walking around SOHO and the surrounding areas. Not too convenient for the two Broadway shows we saw (get tickets for The Best Man!), but I do not regret staying in that location.

No lounge, no drink vouchers and a very slim breakfast would keep me from a repeat visit.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by ctkathy
Seems to be exactly like Conrad Chicago's continental for golds and diamonds.

And just like you, I was in real disappointment too after being at Conrad Hong Kong.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
I thoroughly enjoyed a recent two-night stay at Conrad New York. The public spaces were grand and impressive, yet understated. The front desk, concierge, business center, Atrio restaurant, and housekeeping staffs were all first rate. I only wish that the rooftop bar had been open; indeed, I hate when outdoor activities are dictated by the calendar (May through October, in this case) rather than the weather (which has been perfectly agreeable lately).

I had booked a King Superior Suite but received an upgraded room with a partial view of the Hudson River. The suite was spacious, comfortable, and well designed. The furnishings, finished in neutral woods, fabrics, and leather, were high quality and attractive. Lighting and climate settings were adjusted by any of the several touch panels located throughout the suite or via television remote. Both the water closet and shower were luxuriously fitted, with the latter being especially spacious. Upscale amenities (e.g., espresso machine, Schott Zwiesel glassware, Aromatherapy Associates toiletries, plush bathrobes, etc.) rounded out the in-room experience. Although attention to detail was generally very good, the notepads near the telephones were oddly unaccompanied by pencils/pens, a shallow shelf above the desk seemed to be designed for displaying artwork but stood bare, and the bathroom lacked a scale (not something I needed, but a fairly standard luxury hotel amenity nonetheless). Additionally, the LEDs signaling service/privacy requests were difficult to see without bending over to view the control panel at eye level.

As other guests have suggested, HHonors Elite recognition was unremarkable. As a Diamond member, I received a welcome letter detailing my upgraded room (the “best available for the duration of [my] stay”), two certificates for continental breakfast, complimentary Internet access, and 1,000 HHonors points. Breakfast consisted of a French press of coffee, freshly squeezed juice, and a basket of pastries, all delivered to my table. Seeing the menu price was $26.00 (!), I asked the server if I could apply that sum toward a different breakfast item, but was denied. While the hotel certainly provided all benefits promised by the HHonors program, the bare minimum was underwhelming when so many other properties have gone above and beyond (e.g., in-room welcome amenity, full American breakfast, etc.).

Overall, though, I had a great stay and would certainly return if in the area. Others have expressed concerns about the location, but I thought it was fine, within close walking distance of subway lines, the World Trade Center, the Millennium Hilton, et. al.

Last edited by MS02113; Apr 18, 2012 at 12:24 am
Old Apr 19, 2012, 7:39 am

Reading what's included in breakfast selection is enough reason for me to avoid this hotel. That's too bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.