Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MS02113
Room Types

• Deluxe Suite
    Standard 430 square-foot, two-room suite with one king or two double beds. Some available with sofa bed (as opposed to standard sofa); contact hotel to secure.
  • Hudson River-View Suite
    Same floor plan as Deluxe Suite, but with views across the Irish Hunger Memorial to Hudson River. Room numbers ending in 24 through 28. As with Deluxe Suites, some furnished with sofa beds.
  • Executive Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Deluxe Suite, includes larger living area, larger bathroom with both shower and soaking tub, and walk-in closet in bedroom. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Luxury Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Executive Suite, includes larger living area with dining table and guest bathroom, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and soaking tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Conrad Suite
    1,500 square-foot, top-floor corner suite with one king bed. Includes large living area with guest bathroom, separate dining room, office with iMac and HDTV, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and Jacuzzi tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
Hilton Honors Benefits

• Gold and Diamond members receive room upgrade, based on availability.
  • Gold members receive choice of daily complimentary breakfast or 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • Diamond members receive both daily complimentary breakfast and 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • For eligible members, complimentary breakfast is served at Atrio restaurant:
    • On weekdays, members receive choice of set Hilton Honors menu or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward àla carte menu. Hilton Honors breakfast menu as follows:
      • Choice of fresh-squeezed orange or grapefruit juice
      • Choice of French press coffee or loose leaf tea
      • Choice of one of the following:
        • Basket of assorted pastries
        • House-made coconut and sunflower seed granola with organic Greek yogurt, nuts, seasonal berries
        • Seasonal fresh fruit and berries
        • Irish oatmeal with cinnamon, vanilla, caramelized banana, seasonal berries
        • Scrambled eggs bruschetta with ciabatta rustica, tomato, basil, chives, Vincotto balsamic vinegar
    • On weekends and holidays, members receive choice of hot breakfast buffet or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward àla carte menu.
Dining and Shopping

Transportation

• Several subway lines within walking distance:
  • Downtown Connection, a free shuttle service with 36 stops throughout downtown Manhattan, stops directly in front of hotel at North End Avenue and Murray Street. Operates seven days a week (except Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day) from 10:00 a.m. through 7:30 p.m.
Conrad Stuffed Animal
"Hudson the Bull"
Print Wikipost

Conrad New York Downtown {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2023, 10:45 am

Just realized I didn’t ask for the Conrad bull in my past stay!
Old Jan 5, 2023, 2:18 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Originally Posted by Jackie21love
Just realized I didn’t ask for the Conrad bull in my past stay!
I've stayed here 7 or 8 times over the past 3-4 years and the bull has, not once, ever, been "in stock".
Old Mar 13, 2023, 1:18 pm

Just had a stay here over the weekend using a free night certificate.

I was upgraded as a diamond to a "river view" suite - which is the same room as the "regular" suite but on the Hudson river side with a view of NJ. It was only one night so I didn't care and didn't say anything but there were certainly higher rooms available.

Spent the food and beverage credit on room service which was nice. The gym here was definitely better than most hotel gyms so also a plus there.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 12:51 pm
Git

Programs: AC 35K, Hyatt Globalist
Any recent DPs about the bull being in stock?

Edit: Will update with DP during upcoming stay.

Last edited by Git; Apr 11, 2023 at 12:52 pm Reason: Will update with DP.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 1:10 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Git
Any recent DPs about the bull being in stock?

Edit: Will update with DP during upcoming stay.
Please let us know!
Old Apr 22, 2023, 10:37 am
Git

Update; the Bull is currently in stock!

Old May 6, 2023, 11:33 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Not bad business hotel

Had an expiring Hilton FNC so just burned it for a quick staycation here. Overall it was fine, nothing special. I realize it’s not trying to be a luxury hotel but I was not impressed with the experience here given it’s status as one of Hilton’s top options in NYC.

Check-in was ok. There was someone loudly arguing with the front desk that seemingly did not allow them to store their suitcases after checking out. I wasn’t too sure what all of that was about.

There was no acknowledgment of status and no upgrade offered. The F&B credit was not explained or mentioned.

The rooms were OK. Definitely not luxurious but spacious by Manhattan standards and generally clean enough. Some of the furniture is showing signs of wear and tear. Not a big deal given the price of this hotel but our sofa in particular had multiple holes in it like this:

Branded bulls are back and are complimentary. Branded RE-usable water bottles are provided too.

As others have mentioned, the breakfast credit is laughable. You won’t be able to get much within the credit and there are not many other options to burn it. The upside is the credit was applied automatically on my final bill and the FDA at check-out proactively let me know this was the case. However, service at the lobby restaurant was quite poor. He messed up our order and was visibly annoyed when we requested the correct item. NYC is not known for its service culture but this was a bad experience by any standard.

The location is what it is. As someone that lives in Midtown, I chose this hotel purely to explore a part of the city I seldom visit. It is probably not convenient for most tourists.

Overall this hotel is fine for what it is. I view it as an upscale business hotel. For the cheap cash rates they charge, I think it’s fair. For points/FNC, this is obviously a terrible redemption. I hope the Waldorf reopens sooner rather than later but sadly recent reports suggest that is unlikely.
Old May 6, 2023, 7:42 pm
Git

WasKnown I also experienced a general lack of service even when the lobby was empty and I was the only one checking in. No acknowledgement of status for myself either.
That hole is pretty funny I should've taken a picture of my sofa too; some parts were stained. Luckily for me everywhere else in my room were pretty spotless.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 6:24 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Very nice hotel, but not cheap

Conrad New York Downtown

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Conrad New York Downtown

New York, US

Very nice hotel, but not cheap (2 Photos)

Conrad New York Downtown

Would I stay again? If the price was even remotely right, yes.

Check In

Check-in was very friendly, easy and fast. I was informed about the upgrade to Hudson View Suite and about the $25 daily (per person) f&b credit. The lobby is gorgeous with its installation etc. Always lots of people sitting around chatting, having drinks.

20230705_103354_resized.jpg

Room

I had booked a King Bed Deluxe Suite with points, and I was upgraded to Hudson River View Suite a few days before checking in (this was visible in the app, and I did receive an email about the upgrade one day before checking in). The room was spacious and everything seemed to be in almost immaculate condition.

Bed was very comfortable, just the right firmness for me. Linen etc. were of high quality. Plenty of room for clothes.

I did not use the minibar, but Nespresso coffee machine was good. The bar area with its glasses and coffee cups behind the mirror was well designed.

Shower area was large, amenities in large bottles. The bathroom was also pretty large, but one should note that the milk glass door can't be locked, nor really properly closed. Plenty of high-quality towels.

For once all the light switches are easy to operate... For some reason air conditioning stopped working both nights.

Service

Very good service throughout the hotel, at the reception, restaurant and so on.

Dining

I stayed in the hotel also on the Fourth of July, and the Loopy Doopy rooftop bar offered EXCELLENT views over Hudson of the fireworks on the Jersey side. The bar is not that large, but it wasn't too full. Drinks were not cheap, but service was good, and there were enough waiters to keep the waiting times bearable.

Note that they won't open the bar if it is raining, or if there is a forecast of rain.

20230704_213656_resized.jpg

Since I had to be near the Financial District for business, the location was very good for me. There are now more services (shops and restaurants) within a relatively easy walk than, say, 6-7 years ago, but the location is still quite removed from many touristic things, except of course World Trade Center, Memorial etc. But the riverfront is nowadays a pretty pleasant place to walk/run, there are cafes along the way and so on. Brookfield Place mall is close, and further away you have Battery Park etc, of course.

Overall

The hotel is very good, although usually not cheap. For me the location worked very well work-wise, but the surrounding areas have also become much more attractive during the past years, so the hotel might be more attractive also to travelers doing more tourist-y things. And of course subway is not far and Uber works.

Very nice hotel, but not cheap

Would you like to write a review on the Conrad New York Downtown?

No, thank you.
Yes
dcstudent and samosa like this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 1:43 pm

Looks like the hotel shows no points availability from July 15 - August 10, strange
Old Apr 18, 2024, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Schnit
Looks like the hotel shows no points availability from July 15 - August 10, strange
I don't see any inventory for paid stays either during those dates. Very strange.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 3:53 pm

There was Conrad Midtown missing availability / talk of de-flagging in that thread this week... but then availability came back for July/Aug/Sept at least today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.