Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MS02113
Room Types

• Deluxe Suite
    Standard 430 square-foot, two-room suite with one king or two double beds. Some available with sofa bed (as opposed to standard sofa); contact hotel to secure.
  • Hudson River-View Suite
    Same floor plan as Deluxe Suite, but with views across the Irish Hunger Memorial to Hudson River. Room numbers ending in 24 through 28. As with Deluxe Suites, some furnished with sofa beds.
  • Executive Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Deluxe Suite, includes larger living area, larger bathroom with both shower and soaking tub, and walk-in closet in bedroom. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Luxury Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Executive Suite, includes larger living area with dining table and guest bathroom, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and soaking tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Conrad Suite
    1,500 square-foot, top-floor corner suite with one king bed. Includes large living area with guest bathroom, separate dining room, office with iMac and HDTV, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and Jacuzzi tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
Hilton Honors Benefits

• Gold and Diamond members receive room upgrade, based on availability.
  • Gold members receive choice of daily complimentary breakfast or 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • Diamond members receive both daily complimentary breakfast and 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • For eligible members, complimentary breakfast is served at Atrio restaurant:
    • On weekdays, members receive choice of set Hilton Honors menu or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward àla carte menu. Hilton Honors breakfast menu as follows:
      • Choice of fresh-squeezed orange or grapefruit juice
      • Choice of French press coffee or loose leaf tea
      • Choice of one of the following:
        • Basket of assorted pastries
        • House-made coconut and sunflower seed granola with organic Greek yogurt, nuts, seasonal berries
        • Seasonal fresh fruit and berries
        • Irish oatmeal with cinnamon, vanilla, caramelized banana, seasonal berries
        • Scrambled eggs bruschetta with ciabatta rustica, tomato, basil, chives, Vincotto balsamic vinegar
    • On weekends and holidays, members receive choice of hot breakfast buffet or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward àla carte menu.
Dining and Shopping

Transportation

• Several subway lines within walking distance:
  • Downtown Connection, a free shuttle service with 36 stops throughout downtown Manhattan, stops directly in front of hotel at North End Avenue and Murray Street. Operates seven days a week (except Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day) from 10:00 a.m. through 7:30 p.m.
Conrad Stuffed Animal
"Hudson the Bull"
Print Wikipost

Conrad New York Downtown {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by vci15
Anyone tried to sleep on the sleeper sofa at this hotel?
No, but then again, I've never once encountered a comfortable sofa bed in all of my travels.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by vci15
Anyone tried to sleep on the sleeper sofa at this hotel?
My daughters(16 and 11) slept there for 2 nights and did not complained.

In spite that we did not get any special upgrade, we loved the hotel.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm
I guess I was lucky. I found a rate of ~$280/night for the Conrad for an upcoming stay--it was lower than most other HHonors properties in NYC. So I grabbed it. It is one of the highest rated properties (if not the highest) in NYC on TripAdvisor too...
Conrad New York is currently ranked 75 out of 431 New York hotels.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._New_York.html

If you want the top Hilton hotel, it would be the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square at number 27.

Old Sep 26, 2012, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Hilton Diamond/Marriott Platinum/Hertz Pres. Circle/Avis Grand Wizard/Wife's Favorite Husband
Originally Posted by NauticalWheeler

If you want the top Hilton hotel, it would be the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square at number 27.

With that, I would still not take tripadvisor ratings as "the gold standard" in "best hotels" anywhere. Some people are thrilled with free breakfast of a hard bread bun and an orange, and others are furious with the coffee not being organic and the bread not baked on the spot.

The more you pay for the room, the more there is to complain about. Doesn't mean that the higher price one is a worse hotel though.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AMEX Plat
Had a nice reward stay this weekend. Received a slight upgrade from "King Superior" to "King Superior Riverview". View was nice, not spectacular. I did not find the room to be much different from the "Superior" of a prior stay.

Service was generally good - although no animal for me. Is it a secret code kind of thing where I have to know the password?

I tried the fruit plate off the Diamond breakfast menu and was very happy with that choice. Nice, fresh fruit, and easily enough food for two.

I had trouble with the code for wifi - some sort of "code not valid" error. I didn't bother calling about it, as I was on my way out. Figured what I needed to do could wait until I got to airport.

As others have mentioned, location is okay but not ideal. I do enjoy running (or walking) up the Hudson and then jumping over to the High Line for a stroll. Nice to see an alternative to Central Park for that. No High Line for a hard core run, though!!
Old Oct 13, 2012, 1:02 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
I just asked for the bull at the front desk. "For the kids."
Old Oct 13, 2012, 1:28 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More

Conrad NY today is ranked 70. It should be somewhere on top of the ranking. Price is outstanding low for what you get. The location might be the only minus if you stay as tourist. And I do not understand how an HGI (even if at Times Square) can be better ranked than a completely new renovated 5* luxury hotel. I doubt the tripadvisor rankings in general.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 7:26 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, WN CP
I'm going to NYC with my wife for 4 days in late Nov/early Dec. As we're a little cash and points poor, we're planning to pay for 2 nights around Times Square and use points for 2 nights near ground zero. Any opinions on conrad vs millenium hilton? Is one Gold breakfast better than the other?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by stldoc
I'm going to NYC with my wife for 4 days in late Nov/early Dec. As we're a little cash and points poor, we're planning to pay for 2 nights around Times Square and use points for 2 nights near ground zero. Any opinions on conrad vs millenium hilton? Is one Gold breakfast better than the other?
Hi stldoc,

I stayed in the Millennium Hilton with my wife 2 years ago. They upgraded us to a very nice corner room from where you could see the statue of Liberty in one side and the Brooklyn bridge on the other.

We stayed at the Conrad last August and we did not get any upgrade.

B/fast at the Millennium, IMHO, was superior to the one offered at the Conrad.

In spite of all of the above, I would definitively return to the Conrad. We loved the room/suite and the whole appearance of the hotel.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm
I guess I was lucky. I found a rate of ~$280/night for the Conrad for an upcoming stay--it was lower than most other HHonors properties in NYC. So I grabbed it. It is one of the highest rated properties (if not the highest) in NYC on TripAdvisor too...

Originally Posted by parvez
With that, I would still not take tripadvisor ratings as "the gold standard" in "best hotels" anywhere. Some people are thrilled with free breakfast of a hard bread bun and an orange, and others are furious with the coffee not being organic and the bread not baked on the spot.

The more you pay for the room, the more there is to complain about. Doesn't mean that the higher price one is a worse hotel though.
Originally Posted by submonte
Conrad NY today is ranked 70. It should be somewhere on top of the ranking. Price is outstanding low for what you get. The location might be the only minus if you stay as tourist. And I do not understand how an HGI (even if at Times Square) can be better ranked than a completely new renovated 5* luxury hotel. I doubt the tripadvisor rankings in general.
The point of my post was to point out the fact that the New York Conrad is NOT one of the highest rated properties in New York on Tripadvisor.

As for the HGI Times Square being highly rated...location location location (and a great free breakfast for golds/diamonds).
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:24 pm

Programs: *G, KLM Plat, Avis PC, SPG Plt, Hyt Plt
I just confirmed two mid-week nights at the Conrad for $129 a night. This is for family visiting from out of town.

Question: Will a family of four (2 adults and 2 teens) be able to sleep in a single suite, assuming double beds and a pull out couch? I was able to get the good rate for a king suite, but the hotel told me that they would likely be able to honor the request for 2 beds + the couch. I'm Gold with HH, but not sure whether that will be of much use.

As a back-up I also have two rooms reserved at the DT Financial District ($99 per room per night) and Millenium ($114 per room per night). I would of course prefer to only pay for one room.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by ggcheckpointline53
Question: Will a family of four (2 adults and 2 teens) be able to sleep in a single suite, assuming double beds and a pull out couch? I was able to get the good rate for a king suite, but the hotel told me that they would likely be able to honor the request for 2 beds + the couch. I'm Gold with HH, but not sure whether that will be of much use.
Hi,

Last August we stayed in a King Suite, 2 adults and our 2 daughters(16 and 11), and it was fine.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by more4less
Hi,

Last August we stayed in a King Suite, 2 adults and our 2 daughters(16 and 11), and it was fine.
This is good to know, as I am much happier to pay for just one room for them than two, at a 5-star hotel no less. Is my understanding correct that the bedroom is separated from the living room by a door?

What size bed is the pull out couch? I gather that your room.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by ggcheckpointline53
This is good to know, as I am much happier to pay for just one room for them than two, at a 5-star hotel no less. Is my understanding correct that the bedroom is separated from the living room by a door?

What size bed is the pull out couch? I gather that your room.
Hi,

the couch was probably 1,40 meters wide but sufficient, and IMHO, even better than sharing a twin ben.

There are 2 glass(not transparent) sliding doors between the room and the living room, with the bathroom in the middle. Nice and clever design.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 7:08 am

Cheaper Parking

We are arriving today for two nights. Any recommendations for parking at a rate less than the $65 that the hotel charges for parking?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.