Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MS02113
Room Types

• Deluxe Suite
    Standard 430 square-foot, two-room suite with one king or two double beds. Some available with sofa bed (as opposed to standard sofa); contact hotel to secure.
  • Hudson River-View Suite
    Same floor plan as Deluxe Suite, but with views across the Irish Hunger Memorial to Hudson River. Room numbers ending in 24 through 28. As with Deluxe Suites, some furnished with sofa beds.
  • Executive Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Deluxe Suite, includes larger living area, larger bathroom with both shower and soaking tub, and walk-in closet in bedroom. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Luxury Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Executive Suite, includes larger living area with dining table and guest bathroom, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and soaking tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Conrad Suite
    1,500 square-foot, top-floor corner suite with one king bed. Includes large living area with guest bathroom, separate dining room, office with iMac and HDTV, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and Jacuzzi tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
Hilton Honors Benefits

• Gold and Diamond members receive room upgrade, based on availability.
  • Gold members receive choice of daily complimentary breakfast or 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • Diamond members receive both daily complimentary breakfast and 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • For eligible members, complimentary breakfast is served at Atrio restaurant:
    • On weekdays, members receive choice of set Hilton Honors menu or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward àla carte menu. Hilton Honors breakfast menu as follows:
      • Choice of fresh-squeezed orange or grapefruit juice
      • Choice of French press coffee or loose leaf tea
      • Choice of one of the following:
        • Basket of assorted pastries
        • House-made coconut and sunflower seed granola with organic Greek yogurt, nuts, seasonal berries
        • Seasonal fresh fruit and berries
        • Irish oatmeal with cinnamon, vanilla, caramelized banana, seasonal berries
        • Scrambled eggs bruschetta with ciabatta rustica, tomato, basil, chives, Vincotto balsamic vinegar
    • On weekends and holidays, members receive choice of hot breakfast buffet or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward àla carte menu.
Dining and Shopping

Transportation

• Several subway lines within walking distance:
  • Downtown Connection, a free shuttle service with 36 stops throughout downtown Manhattan, stops directly in front of hotel at North End Avenue and Murray Street. Operates seven days a week (except Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day) from 10:00 a.m. through 7:30 p.m.
Conrad Stuffed Animal
"Hudson the Bull"
Print Wikipost

Conrad New York Downtown {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Trying to burn some of my Hilton points before March 28. Made a December reservation at this hotel for four nights. We go to NY for 5 nights every year but usually stay at Starwood - last year at the St Regis was over the top.

Most of what we do and know about is midtown. Is going here crazy for us? Is trying out this hotel and using 145,000 (AXON) instead of the post-devaluation amount of 320,000 a smart move or should I stick to mid-town where all the theaters, etc are?

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
I haven't stayed there yet, but have stayed at the Millenium Hilton not too far away . The M20 bus stop is in the very same block as the Conrad and will take you up to Times Sq area. The only disadvantage of the bus is it doesn't run at the time most plays let out.
Several subway stations are a 10 min walk away, ie: Chambers St, Park Pl., City Hall. For us being somewhat removed from the big tourist area is a plus not a minus.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I stayed at the Conrad New York two nights on the weekend in February. I enjoyed my stay, but there were a few caveats. One morning I was in a hurry so I took my Diamond breakfast voucher and walked up to the to go place next to the entrance of the restaurant and asked if I could use the voucher there and I was able to get coffee, juice and my choice off the VIP menu (chose procuitto & melon) to go. That went very well and I thought the service and response was very good. The next morning when I decided to actually sit down for breakfast was an entirely different story. It was busy and it was just me so I took the option of sitting at the bar versus waiting for a table. I was given the menu and made my selection which was coffee,juice and pastry basket. After 5 minutes the juice appeared. bout 10 minutes later the pastry basket appeared. I had to wait over 15 MINUTES FOR MY COFFEE, which I consider in at breakfast at ANY establishment to be completely inexcuseable. I can understand the food taking a while because its busy, but coffee is the thing I expect within 2-3 minutes of sitting down. I had had dinner the prior evening at the restaurant and had decent service so I am not sure if that morning experience was the norm or just an exception. I liked the Suite et al, my only complaint was that as a petite female I found the pillows to be way too big and ended up pulling out the extra pillow from the closet which was a regular sized pillow. I and several others did have difficulty procuring a taxi to Midtown on Friday evening. There were not many taxis in the area and many who drove by wanted those going to the Airport or Upper East Side. I finally got one to go to Midtown but only after I said where Midtown (58th & Lexington).
Old Mar 14, 2013, 9:51 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
NY Conrad

I stayed here a few weeks ago and loved the hotel. The service was wonderful. I was upgraded, as a Diamond, and had a lovely room. I agree, the service for breakfast is pretty slow, so be prepared.

I enjoyed the location, as it was away from the standard NYC congestion.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Miesque
I and several others did have difficulty procuring a taxi to Midtown on Friday evening. There were not many taxis in the area and many who drove by wanted those going to the Airport or Upper East Side. I finally got one to go to Midtown but only after I said where Midtown (58th & Lexington).
Aren't taxis legally obligated to take you anywhere within the boroughs?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by stifle
Yes, but that doesn't stop cabbies from denying undesirable fares. They're also not allowed to talk on their cellphones, but of course they all do it 24/7. Nothing will change until passengers begin reporting offending drivers to the Taxi & Limousine Commission.

Uber is the best thing to ever happen to hired car transport. No surprise, then, that cab companies have opposed the service in every city in which it operates.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by stifle
The simple trick is don't tell them where you are going until you are in the cab.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
The simple trick is don't tell them where you are going until you are in the cab.
Sometimes they won't unlock the door until you tell them.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by MS02113
Sometimes they won't unlock the door until you tell them.
This is, by far and away, nearly completely untrue. Having lived in and around the city for nearly 40 years - I have neven, ever encountered a locked taxi on-duty.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 9:55 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Originally Posted by Ritz
This is, by far and away, nearly completely untrue. Having lived in and around the city for nearly 40 years - I have neven, ever encountered a locked taxi on-duty.
I used to live in Battery Park City years ago (2002-2004), and I actually ran into this a few times. I've also ran into cab drivers that refused to take me where I wanted to go after I sat down. I also ran into this once in midtown, but it was not too uncommon in BPC. I probably should have complained to T&LC but was more in a rush to just get where I was going and didn't think about it at the time.

Anyway, it absolutely USED to happen.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Ritz
Perhaps you have better luck than I, but it's happened to me many times. That said, Boston is much worse about that sort of thing.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 7:10 pm

Does anyone know which room options have the sofa bed and which dont? Or are these sofa beds just randomly placed in the rooms?

Thanks.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 4:40 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
We have just stayed here and have very mixed feelings about this property. naturally you have to take into account that it is of course in the US and so dont expect all the trimmings of Asian / European/ South American/ African properties.

Its in a great area. Check in was lovely. We had booked a suite and opted for a waitlisted paid upgrade to a premier suite which is what we got. The room was huge but with a microscopic bathroom which was odd. the bath was a half length unusable one. No views except of the office block next door. It was well equipped but sort of felt cold and not that welcoming. You can preorder the type of bathroom shampoo , soap etc you get which is a fun idea. We had asked for shanghai tang stuff and it was not there. I did eventually get it by asking again and it was "dumped" on a table just inside the door when we got back. Breakfast was pathetic: The only Gold perk we had while at the property was breakfast. You could have one glass orange and pot coffee and one of 5 plates; I had oatmeal and that was it ; OR $20 of al a carte which after a coffee and orange juice did not get anything in completeness that I could see. This is really hard when used to other Conrads. No executive lounge. Staff were ok but it was all very impersonal and we felt we were staying in a room in a large office block. No welcome letter and no amenity etc.

Wireless internet did not work in the room.

Filled in the questionaire on the tv and within minutes the duty manager rang to chat. He accepted our critiscisms graciously.

In summary it was OK but not a Conrad as used to and Gold meant pretty much nothing. Would not rush back.

Last edited by simonsmith; Apr 17, 2013 at 4:49 am
Old Apr 17, 2013, 4:47 am

Programs: QF SG
Originally Posted by simonsmith
Breakfast was pathetic: The only Gold perk we had while at the property was breakfast. You could have one glass orange and pot coffee and one of 5 plates; I had oatmeal and that was it ; OR $20 of al a carte which after a coffee and orange juice did not get anything in completeness that I could see.
If it makes you feel better that's the same breakfast that Diamonds get.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 9:55 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
While there is a lot of discussion about the breakfast here, I haven't seen much discussion about how generous they tend to be about upgrades here. Any comments from recent stays?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.