Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2014, 8:20 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by franzose
Why in March? Looking for the same (SVU or convertible rent at OGG) but in April?

Thanks for any advice,
Because often Hertz doesn't release coupon codes that are valid more than a few months into the future, so all the PC codes on Hertz's public website probably expire before the OP wanted to rent.

Usually the best strategy is to book early and then keep checking the rates and re-booking if rates drop. That's exactly what AutoSlash.com does. You can track an upcoming rental at our site for free if you like (Click on the tab labeled 'Track a rental I've booked elsewhere').
Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:26 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Current Hertz cashback on MrRebates.com is 4%. One thing we don't seem to discuss for car rentals is cashback. I do this all the time for hotels but most of my car rentals are booked through the AAA Hertz website for lower rates.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by CalItalian
Current Hertz cashback on MrRebates.com is 4%. One thing we don't seem to discuss for car rentals is cashback. I do this all the time for hotels but most of my car rentals are booked through the AAA Hertz website for lower rates.
Never thought about going through a portal for a rental. Would that only work if you did the 'pay now' option?
Old Feb 13, 2014, 3:23 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

If you can find a cashback site that will take a discount and/or coupon code you can book with the AAA discount. The central discount code for AAA is simply the number 1 and you can find AAA coupons at Hertz.com to pair that with for additional $ off.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 5:30 am

Programs: Hertz Gold, AVIS Preferred, SIXT Platinum
Another way to save money on car rental, particularly, if you live in Europe and want to book a car in the United States.

I trifled around with this a few times, until I found an insane saving, just by changing the "country" in the upper right corner of the Hertz website. I already have an AMEX Platinum saving which gives me 20% on all cars.

So I tried various countries.. Same criterias (Luxury car, AMEX Plat, no other CDP/Coupon)

Germany... €592
Denmark... €492
Finland... €420
France... €368
IRELAND... €346

From the cheapest which is Ireland to the most expensive which is Germany is a €246 difference.. Well... BOOKED.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
If you can find a cashback site that will take a discount and/or coupon code you can book with the AAA discount. The central discount code for AAA is simply the number 1 and you can find AAA coupons at Hertz.com to pair that with for additional $ off.
The AAA rates booked on the AAA site are almost always lower - sometimes substantially lower - than the AAA rates that can be booked on the Hertz site with a AAA CDP. This has been going on for years. The cashback sites are purely portals that take you to the Hertz website.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:58 pm

PC 182092 (birthday code)
I'm afraid we're finally going to see this code die. It is still valid until 2/28 but hasn't been updated beyond that. My birthday is next month and Hertz has already sent me my offer, 250 points on my next rental within a 30 day window. No birthday $$$ off coupon...
Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by kimfrost
Another way to save money on car rental, particularly, if you live in Europe and want to book a car in the United States.

I trifled around with this a few times, until I found an insane saving, just by changing the "country" in the upper right corner of the Hertz website. I already have an AMEX Platinum saving which gives me 20% on all cars.

So I tried various countries.. Same criterias (Luxury car, AMEX Plat, no other CDP/Coupon)

Germany... €592
Denmark... €492
Finland... €420
France... €368
IRELAND... €346

From the cheapest which is Ireland to the most expensive which is Germany is a €246 difference.. Well... BOOKED.
You should know that those rates are for citizens of said countries, so you may run into some trouble at the counter. Also, the Amex Plat CDP doesn't give a flat 20% discount on all cars, but rather 'up to' 20% off the best public rates, and that discount tends to apply only to higher end cars in my experience..
Old Feb 24, 2014, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Do you guys know if PC# 182092 (the $10/weekend day birthday PC) is still active or when it expires? I need a car from March 1-2 and it is not accepting the PC at SLC. Only 172196 and 113761 (both $5/day PCs) work.

-J.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
Do you guys know if PC# 182092 (the $10/weekend day birthday PC) is still active or when it expires? I need a car from March 1-2 and it is not accepting the PC at SLC. Only 172196 and 113761 (both $5/day PCs) work.

-J.
Look two posts above yours and you'll see the answer.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 2:39 am
SLV

Programs: Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jzweighaft

-J.
It seems to expire beyond 2/28. I direct messaged Hertz on twitter to confirm the date.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by SLV
It seems to expire beyond 2/28. I direct messaged Hertz on twitter to confirm the date.
I was able to book using it starting 2/28 with reservation ending 3/2--i guess as long as your reservation starts by the end of the month! ^^
Old Feb 25, 2014, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Look two posts above yours and you'll see the answer.
Oops... hope they have a new code by the end of the week

-J.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 6:43 pm

Hello. I would like to know of a good one-way rental from SC-FL please. I know there used to be one-way FL promos.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: DDF Gold Elite, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis First, PC PLT, BW DE, CC GE, CP PLT, HH GE, Accor PLT
* Cash Back not available on net rate bookings, corporate negotiated rate bookings, government bookings, and travel industry discount bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.