Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2013, 3:15 pm

Is there a way to determine which locations in a particular city are participating in the XCT1/VSTPTE program instead of trying them all by brute force?

Addition, Sep 9: I've sampled many locations, including airports using those codes. The quote provided however seems to be the regular weekend rate. Is this is a bait and switch that Hertz is running?

Last edited by GlowBallTraveller; Sep 9, 2013 at 9:21 pm
Old Sep 10, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Got some hertz coupons emailed to me today through my business.

You can use CDP number 1934703, which I setup for my clients and employees.

Double Upgrade
Enjoy a two-car-class upgrade on Weekly or Weekend Rentals of Economy through Full-Size cars with PC# 192113 in your reservation. Valid at participating locations for vehicle pickups through 10/31/13.

Lock in Holiday Savings
Get a great deal on Weekly Rentals during the holiday season by planning ahead. Prepay now to enjoy rates as low as $169.99/week on Economy cars at participating locations in the U.S. and Canada for pickup 11/22/13 – 1/12/14. Ask for RQ VSTPTW. This limited-time offer is only available when you book in September!

Also have...

$20 off Weekly Rental - Save $20 on weekly rentals of Econony through Full Size cars with PC# 179362. Through 11/30/13
Up to $15 off Weekend, $5/day, PC #179351
Old Sep 14, 2013, 7:56 pm

Under 25 here. Booking a car for LAS from 11/22 to 12/1. The best CDP and PC combo I can find is USAA CDP and $35 off Weekly rental (PC 168851). Comes out $290 which is seems like a lot for 9 days at LAS. Any ideas for better PCs/CDPs?
Old Sep 14, 2013, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by abcx
Under 25 here. Booking a car for LAS from 11/22 to 12/1. The best CDP and PC combo I can find is USAA CDP and $35 off Weekly rental (PC 168851). Comes out $290 which is seems like a lot for 9 days at LAS. Any ideas for better PCs/CDPs?
What kind of car are you getting? That's right during Thanksgiving so it's likely to be expensive.

-J.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
What kind of car are you getting? That's right during Thanksgiving so it's likely to be expensive.

-J.
Intermediate.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 1:38 am

any codes for new Zealand?

thanks!!
Old Sep 17, 2013, 5:50 am

Programs: united
Hertz Coupons and Discount Discussion

I am renting from SJU on 12/14 until 12/19. Reserved a full sized for that period for $274, using a united PC. Rate seemed higher when using usaa pc. Anyone has any other pc's that could get me a bigger discount?
Old Sep 30, 2013, 9:10 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I'm surprised nobody has started to discuss that extra hour and extra day rates are no longer listed on the contract... My LAX and SJC rentals this month no longer list them...
Old Oct 2, 2013, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by CalItalian
I'm surprised nobody has started to discuss that extra hour and extra day rates are no longer listed on the contract... My LAX and SJC rentals this month no longer list them...
I thought I was the only person going blind.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 7:17 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by maksimfa
I thought I was the only person going blind.
I read every word on those contracts looking for it...I'm sure you did, too.

I really don't like this development since I have returned an extra hour or day a number of times. I want to know what I am facing.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 10:25 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Is there any way to use more than one PC codes in the same rental reservation ?
Old Oct 4, 2013, 10:45 am

I read every word on those contracts looking for it...I'm sure you did, too.

I really don't like this development since I have returned an extra hour or day a number of times. I want to know what I am facing.
Exactly. I just called Hertz about this. I had a daily rental, free with points, rented a Premium Hyundai Genesis. I returned it 3 hours late, was not feeling well in morning, and got a bill for $111. gasp. Look at the bill.... there were no extra rates listed there.

I just called hertz gold line, they confirmed, but she did send me out 2 $25 certificates.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by simz
Is there any way to use more than one PC codes in the same rental reservation ?
Nope. You can combine a CDP and a PC or an RQ... sometimes you can combine all three, though that's a glitch. But maximum one of each.

-J.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 2:27 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I noticed this a few weeks ago. Not only that, but there's also no phone numbers on them - the old contracts had both an "Emergency Roadside Service" number as well as a "Rental Extensions/Changes" number - the new ones have neither! I had to dig out an old contract when I needed to call to extend a rental.

They are also missing the fuel level - I'm not sure if that shows up if it's not full, but it's certainly not there if it's 8/8!
Old Oct 7, 2013, 1:53 pm

Hello, I was wondering if I can use this CPD code when I register a Hertz. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by rayzer9978; Oct 7, 2013 at 2:01 pm Reason: forgot to attach

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.