Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
1) The Million Mile Secrets blog has an overview of car rental deals.
2) Read this thread and the "a few good coupon codes" thread.
3) Repost your question in the "help me find a good rate with Hertz" thread in the format indicated at the top of the thread.
Kay_nyc ,

i found the The Million Mile Secrets blog website but i don't see any thread regarding car rental. would you please paste the link. thanks a lot.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 2:08 pm

Million Mile Secrets Cheap Rental Cars
Old Aug 1, 2013, 11:55 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT., Marriott LT GLD
Boomer 50+ Club

Special deals for 50+ renters.

Now it's your time. Enjoy our great offers.

When you click any offer below, your discount code (CDP#2007815) will automatically be applied to your reservation.

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/q-136...-special-offer

Did not see this mentioned before, and in fact I just found it via my Iphone app and on the offers for the main site.

No idea what the % off actually is, but re-making (adding to existing failed) a reservation I did for MKG F car a few weeks back, Travel Partners Club and PC 172196 ($20 off) was $161 for 4 days.

Now, with the 50+ CDP#2007815 and the same PC is $83. 1/2 off! ^ (Edited to add-got a Camaro SS for a $5/day upcharge)

Now, it sucks to be 50 in a lot of ways, but this is not one of them.

Have to see how this plays out in the future before getting too excited, but even as a one off...

Last edited by planecrashlaw; Aug 1, 2013 at 10:11 pm Reason: Edited to add-got a Camaro SS for a $5/day upcharge
Old Aug 4, 2013, 5:48 pm

Been trying to get a good deal with various codes for a 4-day weekend in August at SeaTac. #1 Gold was clocking in at just over $400.

Only decent discount was showing to be the Car & Driver one to around $320. Stumbled upon Mousesavers page which now lists their own CDP 2002500 at http://www.mousesavers.com/hertz-ren...scounts/#mscdp which says it's for readers of Mousesavers web site, no ID and indeed resolves as Mousesavers Inc. on the Avis site.

Best of all? Dropped the price down to $226. Couldn't find a PC that would stack with it but that alone was far better than any other codes I tried.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by planecrashlaw

When you click any offer below, your discount code (CDP#2007815) will automatically be applied to your reservation.

Did not see this mentioned before, and in fact I just found it via my Iphone app and on the offers for the main site.

No idea what the % off actually is, but re-making (adding to existing failed) a reservation I did for MKG F car a few weeks back, Travel Partners Club and PC 172196 ($20 off) was $161 for 4 days.

Now, with the 50+ CDP#2007815 and the same PC is $83. 1/2 off! ^ (Edited to add-got a Camaro SS for a $5/day upcharge)

Have to see how this plays out in the future before getting too excited, but even as a one off...
Many thanks for this - just saved me 10% on a three week rental (pick up IAH, drop off DFW fully pre paid in GBP).
Old Aug 25, 2013, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by planecrashlaw

I think this new 50+ CDP is a result of AARP's dropping Hertz as one of its car-rental partners. (AARP recently made Avis/Budget their sole car-rental partners.)

Last edited by guv1976; Aug 25, 2013 at 1:19 pm
Old Aug 26, 2013, 7:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by CalItalian
Been doing some major booking on the AAA Hertz website today. I've found they've loaded mistake rates nationwide.
While I would guess the mistake rates have been corrected, thanks for the tip, as I was still able to snag a rate that's about $60 lower than anywhere else for my upcoming hunting trip!
Old Aug 27, 2013, 8:04 am

Question

Hi, long-time observer, first-time poster here.

I'm planning a trip to Yellowstone from Michigan for 11 days in September with my wife. I'd like to rent a PCAR, but even with the best CDP and PC combination it's over $800, which I am not willing to pay. But there are a few Car Class Upgrade PC's around, and I can rent an FCAR for $350 using one of those codes. The problem with that is the Hertz locations around my town don't usually carry PCARs, and it sounds iffy if they can get one for me on the desired date.

So here's an idea I came up with. It's about a four-hour drive to Chicago O'Hare on the way to Yellowstone, so maybe I might be able to use the Upgrade PC and grab whatever FCAR at my location and swap it with a PCAR at O'Hare along the way, right? The local Hertz already said they wouldn't mind getting a PCAR in return. Or, I can just give up the PCAR ideas and simply apply a better discount PC instead of the upgrade PC and rent a FCAR for $315.

My question is, do you think I might be able to swap the FCAR for a PCAR at O'Hare, or should I just give up and simply rent the FCAR, saving $35?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 9:54 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Hope this is the right thread (if I missed an answer upstream, apologies!)

I am receiving a couple of free-day certs with PC #3671

I am recalling (I think) that this has to be shown in the PC box in a certain way to "take" (appended somehow with x2 or something?)

I thought my browser would remember this from awhile back, but apparently not. TIA!
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
just saw a thread on slickdeals with a great deal.

$14.99 Economy/Compact Car
ASK FOR RQ: VSTPTE

Pay Now and Save on a Hertz Weekend Special!
At the Airport or in Your Neighborhood

Drive away with a great Weekend Deal from Hertz. Pay Now to enjoy a great rate of $14.99 per day on an economy car when you pick up from Thursday through Sunday. Weekend Special includes unlimited mileage.

This offer is available at participating Corporate Locations in the U.S., excluding Hyannis, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and HI.

Check out our great rates on other car classes too!

the post mentioned that that 14.99 RQ stacks with PC code 191531 for an extra $5 off a day.
i just tested it, instead of using 191531, that RQ stacks with PC code 182092 for extra $10 off a day!
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by qisu
just saw a thread on slickdeals with a great deal.

$14.99 Economy/Compact Car
ASK FOR RQ: VSTPTE

Pay Now and Save on a Hertz Weekend Special!
At the Airport or in Your Neighborhood

Drive away with a great Weekend Deal from Hertz. Pay Now to enjoy a great rate of $14.99 per day on an economy car when you pick up from Thursday through Sunday. Weekend Special includes unlimited mileage.

This offer is available at participating Corporate Locations in the U.S., excluding Hyannis, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and HI.

Check out our great rates on other car classes too!

the post mentioned that that 14.99 RQ stacks with PC code 191531 for an extra $5 off a day.
i just tested it, instead of using 191531, that RQ stacks with PC code 182092 for extra $10 off a day!
Yep, there's something about this on the other coupon thread too. VSTPTE is the $14.99 pay-now RQ; the PC also works with RQ XCT1 which is now $19.99/day rates but pay later, which makes it easier to use since you can still modify/cancel it without penalty.

-J.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:34 am

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
Yep, there's something about this on the other coupon thread too. VSTPTE is the $14.99 pay-now RQ; the PC also works with RQ XCT1 which is now $19.99/day rates but pay later, which makes it easier to use since you can still modify/cancel it without penalty.

-J.
interesting. i tested out xct1 and it also stacks with the dollar off PC's. surprised since when i tried earlier this year, xct1 did not stack with dollar off PC's.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by qisu
interesting. i tested out xct1 and it also stacks with the dollar off PC's. surprised since when i tried earlier this year, xct1 did not stack with dollar off PC's.
It's not supposed to stack... it's basically a glitch. If you look at the T&Cs you'll see that it says that XCT1/VSTPTE cannot be combined with any promotional offer, even though that's exactly what's going on. Last year it took a few weeks for them to catch on; I'm kind of surprised it's taking place again.

-J.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:41 pm
SLV

Programs: Hertz PC
Aww man. I'm guessing rutdog doesn't mind anymore. When I first posted, he asked me to remove my post. hope it doesn't get blocked by hertz
Old Aug 28, 2013, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by SLV
Aww man. I'm guessing rutdog doesn't mind anymore. When I first posted, he asked me to remove my post. hope it doesn't get blocked by hertz
I'm guessing at this point it's caught on, with posts from the other thread and now these. I've already made all my reservations though (all 3 ), and with any luck they will be honored. They are, after all, "guaranteed" (or ?)

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.