Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2016, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by CalItalian
Not true. Using a PC does not stop you from getting bonus points (Spring Bonus offer or otherwise).
It is what Hertz Live has expressively told me. No PCs.

The FAQ of *this* Spring Bonus mention new restrictions, specifically excluding "promotions". And PC is short for Promotion(al) Code, is it not?
Old May 16, 2016, 10:11 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by sokolov
It is what Hertz Live has expressively told me. No PCs.

The FAQ of *this* Spring Bonus mention new restrictions, specifically excluding "promotions". And PC is short for Promotion(al) Code, is it not?
I sent Hertz a Tweet today. They finally replied back and said PC's do not affect the ability to earn from the promotion.

So yes, PC's can be used.

I do not understand why you had to find an answer from an agent anyway since your answer is in the FAQ's for this promo.
"Can members use a Promotion Code on their rental?
Members can only use one PC# per rental. Therefore, if the rental qualifies for a Promotion Code, the code can be used."

Go back and reread the FAQ.

Last edited by CalItalian; May 16, 2016 at 10:23 pm
Old May 20, 2016, 5:59 pm

I did not ask about PCs. I asked about a specific CDP.

I was *told* about PCs. Without having asked about them.
Old May 21, 2016, 12:48 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by sokolov
I did not ask about PCs. I asked about a specific CDP.

I was *told* about PCs. Without having asked about them.
You posted about it. It was FALSE information. You should have checked the T&C's before posting which you claim you did but you still got it wrong.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:59 am

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Something I got from Hertz today, feel free to use.

Get Free Days for your business at Hertz Local Edition
Enjoy extra savings for your company’s travel, whether you need a car at the airport or at a Hertz Local Edition® near you:
Pay for six days, get the seventh day free
Use PC# 110364 when you book a qualifying Weekly Rental
This discount is in addition to the savings your company receives when booking with your Business Rewards CDP #1934703
Valid on most car classes*
Requires a seven-day minimum keep
Valid on vehicle pick-ups now through August 31, 2016, at participating neighborhood and airport locations
Find a Hertz Local Edition near you
Book now >>
Old Jul 1, 2016, 12:41 am

Programs: *A, Hertz Plt, IC RA, SPG Gold, MR Plt
After trying many code, CDP 1757580 works the best with Hertz car rental. It just saved me 35%. http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/handle...=36713&RQ=BEST
Old Jul 9, 2016, 12:46 pm

Best CDP# is 1813168, saved me 50% on my last rental.
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/reservation/

Fee-Waived Hertz #1 Gold Status Enrollment
https://link.hertz.com/link/goldcorp...rpType=bapgold
Company Name: Car & Truck
CDP Number: 1813168
Pin Code: bapgold
Old Jul 19, 2016, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
The UA CDP and PC suddenly made my rentals much cheaper (okay, just $10). I cancelled my existing reservations using a AAA CDP.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
There is a new promo for California rentals til the end of summer:

Book your rental using CDP 758671 by 31/08/2016 and you can save 17% with Hertz.

I didn't find overly low rates using it (AAA & USAA still beat it for example). But worth a try.

Terms & Conditions
Booking period: 1/08/2016 - 31/08/2016
Pick up period: 1/08/2016 - 30/09/2016
Must use CDP 758671
Offer is valid for 3 days minimum rental.
Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, discount or promotion
Discounts apply to all mandatory rental costs excluding taxes, fees, surcharges, one way drop off fees and optional extras such as child seats, additional drivers and fuel which are charged at normal rates
Standard blackout periods apply
Offer is valid in all car groups with the exception of Hertz Collections.
Offer is valid at participating locations worldwide and on a variety of car groups, but may vary by location and country and subject to availability
All rentals are subject to Hertz standard terms and conditions
Hertz reserves the right to change or remove this promotion at any time.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Hi guys,
Would you happen to have any upgrade PC code for a 2-day rental in France in November?

Usually use 301394 but this one does not seem to work anymore :/
Thanks in advance
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
This one is valid until 8/31, $5 off per day up to $25, works on weekends too - from a Hertz Email: PC #110843
I used it successfully with the Amex Platinum CDP, also
Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
I think that this is the right thread, but please move if not.

I have very recently "found" Hertz after using sites as rentalcars.com for years to book cars in the US. I'm from Europe and need all the insurances etc. and Hertz (unlike some other companies) offers them at pretty much the same prices as European third party web sites.

What I am thinking now is, should I collect AA miles or Hertz rewards for my rentals? Of course, without any promo the 1 USD = 1 mile is simply ridiculous. I have used a 10% and 6 x miles promo a few times, but even with this multiplier it seems pretty bad, especially since I have to pay in USD (=2% loss when paying with an European credit card) and there even seems to be a fee for FF credit. I have another 10% code which also offers the option to pay in EUR.

Would it be more reasonable to collect Hertz rewards? I don't really care for status, but free rental days are of course welcomed. The reason why I was intrigued by collecting AA miles in the first place was of course the fact that collecting them by flying has become ridiculously difficult while redeeming miles for flights still offers good value in my opinion.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
If I use the Amex Plat rate, do I need to actually pay for the rental with that card or will any card be ok? Sorry if this has been asked before. Searched but didn't see it.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 8:53 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by HGHUA
If I use the Amex Plat rate, do I need to actually pay for the rental with that card or will any card be ok? Sorry if this has been asked before. Searched but didn't see it.
For the insurance etc to count, you need to pay with it. Unsure regarding the CDP to count that you need to pay for it
Old Dec 4, 2016, 12:28 am

Was there a huge purge of CDPs?

The two CDPs I usually use suddenly don't work any more. One I received from Hertz Austria as part of a special group program, the other I have through a paid membership in Austria's equivalent of the AAA. Then I tried two less attractive ones - one from the back of my Diners Club card, another one from Aegean's (A3) FFP (they have a special CDP for gold members). Same result: The Hertz website rejects them.

What's going on?

I have a VISA one, one from an Entertainment book and a third one from a trade fair - those are not rejected, but give no or hardly any discount.

I'm tempted to book Enterprise, but their website gives me unspecific error messages whatever vehicle I attemtp to pick. I guess I can't win this one. :-/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.