Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:56 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
I tried both: Harborside Financial Centre (jersey city) and 301 Merritt 7 HLE - Wilton, CT.

Nothing seems to work..
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
I'm looking to rent at OGG from 8/8 - 8/13 and HNL from 8/14 - 8/19, any codes that will apply to those locations and date?

At OGG I'm getting $327 w/ pay now option.
At HNL I'm getting $335 w/ pay now option.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 1:00 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by soomz
I'm looking to rent at OGG from 8/8 - 8/13 and HNL from 8/14 - 8/19, any codes that will apply to those locations and date?

At OGG I'm getting $327 w/ pay now option.
At HNL I'm getting $335 w/ pay now option.
Look at the Coupon Wiki here.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 5:33 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Incredible Rates on Hertz AAA website

Been doing some major booking on the AAA Hertz website today. I've found they've loaded mistake rates nationwide.

From NOW until the end of booking dates on the AAA Hertz website (aaa.com/hertz), it's basically $118 (economy) to $149 (full size) for 5-7 days no matter where in the USA (does work in Alaska - 9/1/13 & beyond and Hawaii - 1/1/14 & beyond). Weekends (full size...less for other sizes) are $18-$22.50 per day (play with the dates as when I book 4 days, I get the higher rate, 3 or 2 days, a lower rate for the same weekend). Of course, some deals may be better in the fall or with coupons but NOT the holidays or summer in desired locations.

Doesn't seem to matter when or where, it appears. Even during peak Christmas-New Year's season in Florida, California, Arizona (I've checked all the major airport locations in those states)...likely wherever (I did some minimal checking at DFW, MSY, ORD...all the same rate), it's the same price up to an F (Midsize SUV's seem to be $258 everywhere, too). I did not check HLE's only airport locations.

I booked a full size over Christmas at LAX for $142/week + tax.

$149+ for a full size in Florida over the Christmas holidays? Unheard of since probably just after 9/11...

Even works at EWR, LGA and JFK!

Works as daily rates, too (as low as $14 for an economy weekdays. Minimum 2 days).

I have found a few blackouts...like LAX from July 24-August 29 for weekly rates. ANC nothing until 9/1.

I have tried to apply every kind of coupon there is. No coupon will work with these rates... Still great without...of course, sure would love to reduce the rate with a coupon even further...

Last edited by CalItalian; Jun 16, 2013 at 11:34 pm Reason: Does work in Hawaii, too
Old Jun 16, 2013, 5:25 am

CalItalian, this is a brilliant find. $198 including taxes for a 1-week full-size rental @ LGA is remarkable.

Thanks for sharing! ^
Old Jun 16, 2013, 11:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
SAVE $40 ON WEEKLY RENTAL

Go further on your vacation with $40 off a weekly rental of any car class excluding Mercedes-AMG and Porsche rentals at airport locations. Valid through 7/31/13.

Promotional Code: 179841
Safe Travels,

Doc
Old Jun 17, 2013, 10:54 am

Has anyone rented from Hertz lately? I saw this offer:

The Hertz 5 Days of Summer Sale! - Enjoy the Hottest Summer Savings of the Season going on right now!

Book now and take advantage of today’s Hot Deal –
Deal of the Day:

Save $30 on a Weekly Rental at the Airport or in Your Neighborhood. This special offer is only available for reservations made today, (Monday, June 17th) for vehicle pick-up through September 30th!

In their website but before I did wanted to know anyone'se opinion on it?

Any thoughts?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by AngelRamiro21
Has anyone rented from Hertz lately? I saw this offer:

The Hertz 5 Days of Summer Sale! - Enjoy the Hottest Summer Savings of the Season going on right now!

Book now and take advantage of today’s Hot Deal –
Deal of the Day:

Save $30 on a Weekly Rental at the Airport or in Your Neighborhood. This special offer is only available for reservations made today, (Monday, June 17th) for vehicle pick-up through September 30th!

In their website but before I did wanted to know anyone'se opinion on it?

Any thoughts?
Not sure what exactly you're trying to get at... many of us rent from Hertz all the time without issue. If you can get this promo to work for you, then definitely go for it

Anyway it looks like they're having a 5-day sale, with different promos every day. Today, as AngelRamiro21 posted, is $30 off a weekly rental from airport and neighborhood locations; valid for pick-up through September 30th, but reservation must be made today (June 17th). Only works for weekly rates, minimum 5-day reservation. This generates PC# 189932. Here's the offer page for more information.

Wonder what the rest of the week will bring. I'm hoping for a nice discount off weekday daily rates

-J.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: LT NoN REV
does anyone have code for MCO July 3 - 9 midsize or something?

Thank you,
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:24 am

Where did the wiki go?
Old Jun 26, 2013, 1:19 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by chookshook
Where did the wiki go?
You're in the wrong thread. Look for a Few Good Coupons thread...
Old Jun 26, 2013, 1:45 am

Smile One week SUV/Minivan rental @ Cincinnati

Hi,

I am looking for a Coupon Code/Promo Code for 1 week SUV/MiniVan rental in Cincinnati Airport (CVG).

Do you guys/gals know of any good code for 1 week rental. I am moving out there & want to rent a car until my car gets shipped. Trying to do this on a Budget.

RJ
Old Jun 28, 2013, 7:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
One class upgrade valid to end of year.

Last edited by seawolf; Jun 30, 2013 at 9:33 pm
Old Jun 29, 2013, 8:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by seawolf
One class upgrade valid to end of year.

https://images.hertz.com/pdfs/MC_upg...er_2013_v2.pdf
The link is not working.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 9:31 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by guessaaa
The link is not working.
Updated the link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.