Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2013, 2:00 pm

Hi, I would like to know if I can use your CDP code , it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Originally Posted by maksimfa
Got some hertz coupons emailed to me today through my business.

You can use CDP number 1934703, which I setup for my clients and employees.

Double Upgrade
Enjoy a two-car-class upgrade on Weekly or Weekend Rentals of Economy through Full-Size cars with PC# 192113 in your reservation. Valid at participating locations for vehicle pickups through 10/31/13.

Lock in Holiday Savings
Get a great deal on Weekly Rentals during the holiday season by planning ahead. Prepay now to enjoy rates as low as $169.99/week on Economy cars at participating locations in the U.S. and Canada for pickup 11/22/13 – 1/12/14. Ask for RQ VSTPTW. This limited-time offer is only available when you book in September!

Also have...

$20 off Weekly Rental - Save $20 on weekly rentals of Econony through Full Size cars with PC# 179362. Through 11/30/13
Up to $15 off Weekend, $5/day, PC #179351
Old Oct 20, 2013, 11:50 am

Programs: ACE50k,HHSilver, BW Diamond, Marriott Gold, National EE, Accor, IHG, SPG, Choice, Hertz#1Gold
Hi all,

Got a nice price for a convertible (STAR) (2 days), one-way MCO to Port Canaveral, 25 to 27 oct...

AAA + 20$ off PC 182092 = 92$ US

but just saw a double upgrade PC 179896... Do you know if it'll work with that class and if I'll get a better convertible class? Got a 111$ US price...

Should I keep the other one or not?
Old Oct 20, 2013, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Dolphin2
Hi all,

Got a nice price for a convertible (STAR) (2 days), one-way MCO to Port Canaveral, 25 to 27 oct...

but just saw a double upgrade PC 179896... Do you know if it'll work with that class and if I'll get a better convertible class? Got a 111$ US price...

Corvette is a reservable class. There is no upgrade from it. Stick with the discount PC.

Another reason: those upgrade PCs are subject to availability. A YF Impala is a double-upgrade from a midsize (actually depending on how you look at it, it's a triple or even a quadruple upgrade).

-J.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 10:05 pm

Programs: ACE50k,HHSilver, BW Diamond, Marriott Gold, National EE, Accor, IHG, SPG, Choice, Hertz#1Gold
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
Corvette is a reservable class. There is no upgrade from it. Stick with the discount PC.

Another reason: those upgrade PCs are subject to availability. A YF Impala is a double-upgrade from a midsize (actually depending on how you look at it, it's a triple or even a quadruple upgrade).

-J.
STAR is Corvette? It says Mitsubishi Spyder or better convertible...

BTW, is it normal that I don't see a specific fee for the one-way? Is it calculated directly in the base price?
Old Oct 20, 2013, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
STAR is Corvette? It says Mitsubishi Spyder or better convertible...

BTW, is it normal that I don't see a specific fee for the one-way? Is it calculated directly in the base price?
Oh dear, my bad Don't know why I read your post as Corvette (maybe wishful thinking ). STAR is is Mitsubishi Spyder or similar; you are just as likely to get a Chrysler 200 or possibly a VW Eos. They also have Mustang and Camaro (V6 engines in both of those) as upgrades, as well as Adrenaline Collection-classified Camaro SS convertibles and Corvette convertibles.

That upgrade PC you referenced earlier also has one other restriction I forgot to mention: it is only valid up to a PCAR (i.e. the highest you can receive is a PCAR -- and it is extremely rare you will actually get one). It will not help you if you book the standard convertible class.

Others will know more about one-way drop fees. If you use the search function in the Hertz forum home, you'll likely find more information than I know (unless somebody else can chime in here... @:-)).

-J.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 11:11 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Hi all,

The upg coupons will not help you on a STAR. It's only good on CCAR-FCAR and the highest you can get is a PCAR. If you are renting a STAR, then use a $ off PC code.

As for the one-way drop fee, Hertz doesn't charge them. If their pricing system determines that they want to charge extra (or in some cases discount) a one-way rental, they just adjust the daily rate upward or downward accordingly. So the bottom line is that your quoted rate is your final rate. There should not be any surprise drop fees.

It's also worth noting that different PC's can affect the rate significantly. If you find that the rate for a one-way rental is high, try different PC's to try to lower it. You might be surprised what you find.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 9:01 pm

Thanks!
Old Nov 12, 2013, 8:32 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Is it just me or does anyone else also feel that there aren't that many codes these days.. most of them are expired or not working..
Old Nov 13, 2013, 3:47 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by simz
Is it just me or does anyone else also feel that there aren't that many codes these days.. most of them are expired or not working..
Funny, I have the opposite feeling. This fall has been really great for coupon codes. I've gotten a bunch of super cheap weekend rentals.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 5:29 pm

Programs: Lotz
I've been having great weekly rates with the VSTPTW and VSTPTE RQ codes which are supposed to be for prepaid but sometimes aren't so limited. However, there's few PC's that don't raise the price. Try some PC's and then try without any PC.

You can use PC 193211 without an RQ code for a rate that's about $10 more per week than using the RQ but doesn't require advance payment.

Also when the "we pick the car" option shows up it's much lower than any other. (and you can still switch cars).

Last edited by tassojunior; Nov 22, 2013 at 6:23 pm
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Looking for a code that Pairs with XCT1 at an Airport Location for a weekend. Would like to save a few dollars vs a prepaid rate. Any courtesy would be appreciated.. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Nov 24, 2013, 7:20 pm
SLV

Programs: Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Looking for a code that Pairs with XCT1 at an Airport Location for a weekend. Would like to save a few dollars vs a prepaid rate. Any courtesy would be appreciated.. Thanks and Safe Travels
182092, works for me at SFO, brings it down to around $9/day on a weekend
Old Nov 26, 2013, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by SLV
182092, works for me at SFO, brings it down to around $9/day on a weekend
Hmm did not work.. actually brought it up quite high? Thank for the try. Anyone else. Mid January rental..
Old Nov 26, 2013, 3:39 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Hmm did not work.. actually brought it up quite high? Thank for the try. Anyone else. Mid January rental..
Impossible to say without knowing more info. Try posting in this thread.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Impossible to say without knowing more info. Try posting in this thread.
Just did.. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.