Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
HA's official web page on the lie flats

24 aircraft converted: N360HA, N361HA, N370HA, N373HA, N374HA, N375HA, N378HA, N379HA, N380HA, N381HA, N382HA, N383HA, N384HA, N385HA, N386HA, N388HA, N389HA, N390HA, N391HA, N392HA, N393HA, N395HA, N396HA, N399HA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, Rapid Rewards A list, Sky Miles Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
Forgive me if this has been posted already (I can't ever make the search feature work). I am looking at flying OAK/SFO- Hawaii and have the choice of the 767 out of OAK (which is slightly more convenient in terms of the airport) or the A330 out of SFO. IS there anything beyond the in flight entertainment that would make the trip on the A330 that much better? I will be in F by the way.

Also in terms of seats does HA follow FEBO or anything like that?

Thanks
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA MP, National EE, Marriott Gold, Avis First, WS Rewards
Will it be coming to SEA anytime soon?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HA Pualani Platinum, National EC Executive, UA & AAdvantage
Originally Posted by zgscl
IS there anything beyond the in flight entertainment that would make the trip on the A330 that much better? I will be in F by the way.

Also in terms of seats does HA follow FEBO or anything like that?

Thanks
A somewhat rare chance of flying an Airbus A330-200 from an a American based airline versus the many Boeing 737's, 757's and 767's that fly between the islands and the mainland.

By FEBO...do you mean Front-Even, Back-Odd service routine like that on AA? If so, then no, HA provides a tapas-style tasting menu in F class and stocks enough of each entree so that each of the 18 F passengers gets their desired choice from the "choose 3 of 5" menu (the remaining unused entrees become crew meals during the flight).
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, Rapid Rewards A list, Sky Miles Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by HA/UA_Flyer
A somewhat rare chance of flying an Airbus A330-200 from an a American based airline versus the many Boeing 737's, 757's and 767's that fly between the islands and the mainland.

By FEBO...do you mean Front-Even, Back-Odd service routine like that on AA? If so, then no, HA provides a tapas-style tasting menu in F class and stocks enough of each entree so that each of the 18 F passengers gets their desired choice from the "choose 3 of 5" menu (the remaining unused entrees become crew meals during the flight).
Thanks! It seems like the tapas-style tasting menu is a great idea and it is nice that they stock enough that you can get your first choice (some other airlines could learn from that). It would be nice to try the A330 as I have not flown it yet. Might consider 767 one way and 330 the other, get a taste of both.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA, HA, CO
I'm flying on the JFK-HNL flight next week, so I have a question and an observation:

Does anyone know what the prices are for the A330 IFE packages now? I can't find it on HA's website, but a while back I saw that they had an IFE Value Pack with some TV shows/games for $5.95, along with a fee for individual PPV first-run movies if you wanted that. Not sure if that's changed.

Also, it appears HA recently raised the price of the "Preferred Seats" (emergency exit and bulkhead seats, FYI) on the HNL-JFK flights from $35 to $75:
http://www.hawaiianair.com/help/fees-id-1922
Old Aug 14, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by asu-ua772
Does anyone know what the prices are for the A330 IFE packages now? I can't find it on HA's website, but a while back I saw that they had an IFE Value Pack with some TV shows/games for $5.95, along with a fee for individual PPV first-run movies if you wanted that. Not sure if that's changed.
If I remember correctly (my kids were in Y last month and we were in F ):

$7.95 single movie (This Means War, and about 4 other choices)
$6.95 a few old movies, mostly tv shows
$5.95 3 children's movies
Old Aug 24, 2012, 6:12 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
In First Class, is row 1 a better option than row 3?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cssaus
In First Class, is row 1 a better option than row 3?
Since it's a bulkhead, you have more leg room in row 1, but you have to put everything up top for take off and landing, so your call. Row 3 has a slightly limited recline.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:05 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
Originally Posted by wrxmom
Since it's a bulkhead, you have more leg room in row 1, but you have to put everything up top for take off and landing, so your call. Row 3 has a slightly limited recline.
Thanks.

I did sense that the last I flew first in Row 3 the recline was a little limited. Will go for row 1.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Having now flown the A330 in F and Y, I will say my absolute favorite seats are 34AB and 34HJ...the exit rows. Holy cow, the legroom and privacy is amazing. It's like your own little mini-cabin.

One thing I gotta give a thumbs up to Airbus on their doors is unlike the Boeing aircraft namely the 747, 757 and 777, the emergency slide built into the door of the Airbus does not protrude much into the cabin and invade your legroom in the exit row. I've flown the exit row window seats on the Boeing's and it sucks with the slide raft compartment eating into your legroom. Not so on the Airbus A330....lots of legroom.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 8:15 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
I enjoyed seating in the last row of the mini-cabin in Y on the A330. It was an easy walk from the door to the seat when boarding. There's no one behind your seat except for the galley partition. The service was spot on and the mini-cabin provided a more intimate experience to the flight. I was the first to exit the plane upon arrival as the exit door is just a couple steps away from the seat. The seats behind the mini-cabin bulkhead seem to be good as well but I haven't sat there yet.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:22 pm

Does anyone know if row 13 on the A330 is a good place to sit? Wife and I are flying the JFK-HNL route and want to make sure they are good seats. We would be in 13A and 13B.

On seatguru it looks like its the last row before An emergency exit and part or a 'mini cabin' but seatexpert has a different layout
Old Aug 26, 2012, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jperman
Does anyone know if row 13 on the A330 is a good place to sit? Wife and I are flying the JFK-HNL route and want to make sure they are good seats. We would be in 13A and 13B.

On seatguru it looks like its the last row before An emergency exit and part or a 'mini cabin' but seatexpert has a different layout
If I recall, there is a partition behind row 13 so you might have limited recline. I haven't flown in the mini-cabin yet so someone else will have to chime in for a definitive answer.

When it comes to HA, I have to take Seatguru with a grain of salt as it is slow to update. The site is still missing the 3rd HA 767 configuration and still missing mention that HA has USB power ports in the A330 F &Y cabins and standard AC 110 power in the F cabin.

Last edited by HA/UA_Flyer; Aug 26, 2012 at 2:55 pm
Old Aug 26, 2012, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by HA/UA_Flyer
If I recall, there is a partition behind row 13 so you might have limited recline. I haven't flown in the mini-cabin yet so someone else will have to chime in for a definitive answer.

When it comes to HA, I have to take Seatguru with a grain of salt as it is slow to update. The site is still missing the 3rd HA 767 configuration and still missing mention that HA has USB power ports in the A330 F &Y cabins and standard AC 110 power in the F cabin.
Thanks for the info. Does anyone else know how Row 13 is? Row 15 also has available seats so can switch to that if Row 13 has limited recline
Old Aug 26, 2012, 9:11 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 100, Marriott PP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jperman
Thanks for the info. Does anyone else know how Row 13 is? Row 15 also has available seats so can switch to that if Row 13 has limited recline

I would definitely keep Row 13. I fly with my wife and kids several times a year on the HA Airbus 330 and always book rows 12 and 13 for us. There are only 3 rows in this section that are directly behind F and you are usually the first to get off the plane. It is like being in your own private area separated from the masses...

Whatever you do, keep the Row 13. When you see Row 15 you will thank me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.