Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
HA's official web page on the lie flats

24 aircraft converted: N360HA, N361HA, N370HA, N373HA, N374HA, N375HA, N378HA, N379HA, N380HA, N381HA, N382HA, N383HA, N384HA, N385HA, N386HA, N388HA, N389HA, N390HA, N391HA, N392HA, N393HA, N395HA, N396HA, N399HA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2012, 8:57 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
Originally Posted by crf450x
I would definitely keep Row 13. I fly with my wife and kids several times a year on the HA Airbus 330 and always book rows 12 and 13 for us. There are only 3 rows in this section that are directly behind F and you are usually the first to get off the plane. It is like being in your own private area separated from the masses...

Whatever you do, keep the Row 13. When you see Row 15 you will thank me.
That's where I sat as well. ^ See post #236.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by tonywestsider
That's where I sat as well. ^ See post #236.
Thanks, actually didn't realize that person was talking about Row 13. Thanks for all your help guys, Row 13 it is!
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:26 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
For us, row 13 was not ideal (redeye HNL-LAS). The lav door slams shut over and over and over, including every time we just start to fall asleep. Lights & noise from the galley. Would personally prefer the back of the bus somewhere(and subsequently preferred my 40J over 13J).

To my surprise, I far prefer their 767's for seat comfort. For some reason after a couple of hours my tailbone starts to ache. Never really experienced this on any other airlines coach seat. Had to place pillow under thighs to change ergonomics and reduce the pain. Same issue in two diff A330 seats on two flights ~1 month apart.

Last edited by Ripper3785; Sep 4, 2012 at 12:02 pm
Old Sep 6, 2012, 9:35 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
For us, row 13 was not ideal (redeye HNL-LAS). The lav door slams shut over and over and over, including every time we just start to fall asleep. Lights & noise from the galley. Would personally prefer the back of the bus somewhere(and subsequently preferred my 40J over 13J).
The lav is located behind the galley and not next to row 13. Also, there should be a curtain provided between the galley and the mini-cabin to prevent light spillover during overnight flights.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 6:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold.
A330 F Class LAX-HNL-LAX. What to expect?

Hi all,

Just wondering what to expect on Hawaiian Airlines 'First Class' on their new A330 aircraft between LAX and HNL. How are the seats, the service, the food? I know that HA still has the old style cradle seats in F - are these seats comfortable enough for sleeping?

Also, does HA give F class passengers lounge access? Or do they follow the practice of most of the US airlines by charging for annual membership to a 'club' for lounge access?

The Hawaiian Airlines website is pretty scant with information.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold PC, SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by duckied
Hi all,

Just wondering what to expect on Hawaiian Airlines 'First Class' on their new A330 aircraft between LAX and HNL. How are the seats, the service, the food? I know that HA still has the old style cradle seats in F - are these seats comfortable enough for sleeping?

Also, does HA give F class passengers lounge access? Or do they follow the practice of most of the US airlines by charging for annual membership to a 'club' for lounge access?

The Hawaiian Airlines website is pretty scant with information.
Lounge access is typically offered to status level members and paying members of the Premiere Club. The fact is that HA's lounges are comfortable but actually very limited in the services they provide compared to most carriers. Soda fountain and coffee is about all you'll get. Nothing all that great.

The F seats are as you mentioned but they do have full AVOD with USB ports for your own media as well. The service and soft product is quite excellent. You will get a full meal service plus drinks etc. and some of the best and most friendly FAs around in my opinion!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:31 am

I believe F passengers do get lounge access. I have flown HA on interisland in F and had access. I dont see why a F passenger traveling to the mainland wouldn't have access.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Just flew HNL-LAX on a 330 in paid F.

Not a Premier Club member and have no status whatsover on HA and had lounge access.

The seats are newer with a large-ish separation between you and your seatmate that houses the IFE screens. I found the seat quite uncomfortable when fully upright with zero lower back support. However when you recline it gets better. Definitely better than the econ seats. It's not one of those fully flat seats, but fine for a 5 hour flight. Decent legroom with footrests.

The food choices were quite good for domestic F. Choice of one out of two appitizers and two out of three main course dishes. The latter was a BBQ beef, a pasta and a fish dish. Unfortunately the pasta comes with a nut based pesto sauce so if you're allergic to nuts like I am, you're out of luck. Desert was a good chocolate ice-cream shaped as a heart with a strawberry sorbet filling.

The IFE was very good with a decent selection of movies and TV shows. Big screen.

The FAs were all great and genuinely friendly.
Old May 14, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: ex-elite, now just pay C/J myself to avoid the hassle of keeping status.
Is it worth to upgrade SJC-HNL (5.5hrs) flight for $395?
I only paid about $380 for my entire round trip flight, but I do enjoy more legroom (i am 5-11)....what do you guys think?
Old May 14, 2013, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by undersky
Is it worth to upgrade SJC-HNL (5.5hrs) flight for $395?
I only paid about $380 for my entire round trip flight, but I do enjoy more legroom (i am 5-11)....what do you guys think?
How about just paying $35 when you do the OLCI to get the bulkhead or exit row?
Old Jun 5, 2013, 4:23 pm

International on A330?

I just booked HNL-SYD on the A330 (HA 451). I'm also taking the A330 from JFK-HNL. Does anyone know if there are any differences when flying Hawaiian international? Is in flight entertainment free? Is there more food? Etc.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, Hyatt PLT, Marriott PLT
I just booked the LAS-HNL FC red eye for 12/17/13. My online reservation says no meal service. Does anyone know if they do serve anything? Maybe a snack?

Also, will the 1C and 1G bulkhead seats have adequate legroom? That is the only row with the middle seats open.

Last edited by skiermsm; Jun 12, 2013 at 6:16 pm Reason: question
Old Jun 20, 2013, 5:20 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by jvanbrink
I just booked HNL-SYD on the A330 (HA 451). I'm also taking the A330 from JFK-HNL. Does anyone know if there are any differences when flying Hawaiian international? Is in flight entertainment free? Is there more food? Etc.
I am assuming you are flying Y, I cant help with F meals as I have not flown HA F. There are definitely two meals served during that flight, but one is more like a main meal and the second meal is smaller, snack like. It is a 10 hour flight during the day, so they do feed you reasonably well. Have to admit we found the overnight SYD HNL flight much easier in Y as we ate, watched a movie and then fell asleep, woke up, ate and then landed in paradise

Menu for HA451 HNL-SYD (from my menu in April 2012)
After take off: Beverage/cocktail service with Pau Hana snack mix
Dinner: Grilled chicken with yellow curry sauce, steamed rice and yellow and green beans
Salad made with fresh local greens with dressing
Sweet treat (some sort of cake)
During the flight: snacks available at the main cabin galleys (cant remember if they charge for those or not, but I am thinking yes)
Prior to landing: High tea - Hawaiian style

Menu for HA452 SYD-HNL
Dinner: Hawaiian BBQ chicken, corn & Edamame over steamed white rice
Salad made with fresh local greens with dressing
Cheese and crackers
Sweet treat (Hawaiian host chocolates)!
During flight: snacks available at the main cabin galleys
Prior to landing: Continental breakfast: sliced apples, yogurt, muffin, croissant, butter & jam (jelly)
Juice, coffee or tea.

From memory, I really enjoyed the dinner on SYD HNL. The food was good for economy class on an airline.

I am not sure about the entertainment on board the A330s, I think it may be free on the SYD-HNL route, but not 100% sure. I flew on the older 767s when they were on this route last year and we had to pay $15 each for a digi-player.

I am looking forward to trying the A330s to have in seat entertainment, the digiplayers were quite tricky to manage while trying to eat .

Forgot to add the beverages:
Cab Sauv, Chardonnay, Hawaiian Springs water, Primo Hawaiian beer, Heineken beer, Coke, Sprite, Passion Orange Guava juice (POG), pineapple juice, orange juice, hot coffee and tea.

Last edited by Downunder girl; Jun 20, 2013 at 5:37 am
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by skiermsm
I just booked the LAS-HNL FC red eye for 12/17/13. My online reservation says no meal service. Does anyone know if they do serve anything? Maybe a snack?

Also, will the 1C and 1G bulkhead seats have adequate legroom? That is the only row with the middle seats open.
My favorite seats are 1CG. Plenty of legroom for my 5'9'' body. Although I have never done the LAS-HNL redeye, all the other FC HAL flights in redeye have had some sort of food service.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 2:40 pm

Thanks! I'm loading up the tablets with as much as possible in case they really are going to charge 9 bucks per movie on international!

That food sounds completely decent. Was the wine and beer free??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.