Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Will AY Extend elite status or otherwise incentivize travel postponed by COVID-19?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will AY Extend elite status or otherwise incentivize travel postponed by COVID-19?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:58 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by founderm49
Hello guys, just to be sure, will the tracking period be extended for lowly Basic's too? Just bumped to the program but have big plans :P
HAhaha, very good bump, welcome! Start a big plan with an extended pleb period just kidding, dont worry you will have a highway to heaven just speed up and roam!
founderm49 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by FinnairPlus
You may laugh, but before we launch anything we always ask ourselves "what would FlyerTalk say to this?". We are almost always right
This I call good customer service and attitude par excellence. Thank you, FinnairPlus you just re-won my lumotic heart over again.

Dunno if it wise to admit that being grounded for some time comes with benefits, too. Almost 400k in 5 months is gradually getting to my nerves. Or it may be the dusty seat of a 330...
FinnairPlus likes this.

Last edited by OHKRT; Mar 13, 2020 at 1:11 pm
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:06 am

OHKRT, that is a wholy cowish 400k in just 5 months......dont make AY think that is doable or they raise the bar
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:07 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Really good news. Thank you FinnairPlus.
FinnairPlus likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:28 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Excellent news, thanks alot, my Plat would definately have died due to this crisis without this As you, FinnairPlus , earlier mentioned loyalty goos both ways, and this is excellent example of it!
Old Mar 13, 2020, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by FFlash
OHKRT, that is a wholy cowish 400k in just 5 months......dont make AY think that is doable or they raise the bar
40k I was about to say. My bad 😆
Old Mar 13, 2020, 1:13 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
You may laugh, but before we launch anything we always ask ourselves "what would FlyerTalk say to this?". We are almost always right
But but... I was willing to let you fly me in every friday to get you authoritative answers to those question!!
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:05 am
Company Representative, Finnair

Programs: Finnair Plus
Originally Posted by intuition
But but... I was willing to let you fly me in every friday to get you authoritative answers to those question!!
Confirmed, it was a scheduling issue. Team meeting is on Monday
ffay005, intuition and lkrt like this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:08 am

Intuition, are you a double-spy now? Would it help?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:12 am

Programs: AY Gold
For all of you that don't want us to extend the tier tracking period, please hold off contacting us until the change is visible in your profile, OK? It will be a lot easier to work with this. Thank you for your understanding.
Would it be possible to do this request much later on in order to cut the extension short? Like, if things clear out in June, request in June to cut it short so that the new tracking period would start already from June or July? This way one could start flying as soon as possible, but still having an extension covering the period of uncertainty.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:26 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
.... Team meeting is on Monday
Hate to be the one breaking it to you, but that is what the team likes you to believe..

Intuition, are you a double-spy now? Would it help?
It would certainly help (my points account if nothing else) and it would be fun, but no. There was s secret message in my inbox but sadly it selfdestructed before I was even told "should you choose to accept"
Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:40 am

I reviewed the whole thread and I think from the info it is still not possible to deduct a 100-proof understanding how this extensions affects tier tracking and it worries me a bit, given how AY IT is.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 7:00 am

I reviewed the whole thread and I think from the info it is still not possible to deduct a 100-proof understanding how this extensions affects tier tracking and it worries me a bit, given how AY IT is.
For example, if my Lumoperiod is now 6 months in now, I understand that I can still enjoy 6+6 months Lumo perks. But I dont see if my next Tracking period starts 6 months from now or after 6+6 months.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 7:05 am

Programs: AY Gold
For example, if my Lumoperiod is now 6 months in now, I understand that I can still enjoy 6+6 months Lumo perks. But I dont see if my next Tracking period starts 6 months from now or after 6+6 months.
At least to me it is clear that it says that any current tracking period will be extended to 18M and the next tracking period following that will be 12M starting from the end of the current tracking period.

You just get six months on top of your current date. so eg. if your tracking period runs until end March, this extension will freeze your status until end September. Next tier tracking period will be a normal 12 months.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Antx
At least to me it is clear that it says that any current tracking period will be extended to 18M and the next tracking period following that will be 12M starting from the end of the current tracking period.
For me, that Fplus wording is far from clear. Read it with prudency and you note.
I leave nothing for ”I understood this way or that way” in these context. It has to be idiotclear.

Last edited by FFlash; Mar 14, 2020 at 7:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.