Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Will AY Extend elite status or otherwise incentivize travel postponed by COVID-19?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will AY Extend elite status or otherwise incentivize travel postponed by COVID-19?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2020, 2:21 am

Programs: Finnair Plat
Originally Posted by FinnairPlus
Glad to help. Yes, it really is as good as it sounds. Honestly, I for one would be very happy to see those overcrowded lounges and masses of new Gold, Plat and Lumo enjoying salads in 18 months because that would mean this crisis was over really quickly and travel industry bounced back as if nothing happened. Cheers to that. Meanwhile, stay safe my friends
One more clarification needed: "Väännetään rautalangasta"
Currently: My tracking period is until 31.05.20 and my Plat valid until 31.07.20.

Does this change mean that after the 6 months extension my tracking period will be until 31.11.20 and Plat valid until 31.01.2021?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 2:37 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Talonmies
Currently: My tracking period is until 31.05.20 and my Plat valid until 31.07.20.

Does this change mean that after the 6 months extension my tracking period will be until 31.11.20 and Plat valid until 31.01.2021?
Don't trust this Plat valid until 31.7., I think it's an error and it's not present on the new web page at all.
NoWindowSeat, FFlash and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards

Your plat is valid until the end of the tracking period, ie 31.5.2020. 6 months on top of that is 30.11.2020.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:24 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2

The plastic card is also always valid 2 months after the end of the tracking period. There's nothing new, except for the fact that the app now shows the same data as the physical card.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:52 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
What's the cost of producing and shipping 6 month extension cards to all tier members?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by avermat
What's the cost of producing and shipping 6 month extension cards to all tier members?
They don't do it, already explained on the release.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:49 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by lkrt
They don't do it, already explained on the release.
While AY+ won't I'm sure that I will get a new CC with the updated validity.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 5:13 pm

Programs: Finnair Plus Plat (OWE) + a few other noble metal ones
Is giveaway Gold Card gift validity extended (for Plats)?

Thank you FinnarPlus for the extension actions, and for replies here on FT

One question I have not seen answered yet is if the validity of the Gold Card giveaway gift will be extended, too?
I am Plat and my accrual year would end on 31 Mar 2020, will now be extended to 30 Sep. I have an unused Gold Card gift that I have not donated yet, the gift is valid until 31 Mar 2020. Will that validity now be extended until 30 Sep 2020?

The person I would donate the card to has her Gold period (based to my Gold gift 12 months ago) now of course extended by 6 months, too. I would not make a new donation now in March unless I have to, rather in September - well because things may change in life in 6 months
(I do understand I will get a new giveaway Gold on 1 Oct 2020, but it does not affect the equation here.)

Glad to help. Yes, it really is as good as it sounds. Honestly, I for one would be very happy to see those overcrowded lounges and masses of new Gold, Plat and Lumo enjoying salads in 18 months because that would mean this crisis was over really quickly and travel industry bounced back as if nothing happened. Cheers to that. Meanwhile, stay safe my friends

Last edited by Ksytsi; Mar 18, 2020 at 5:22 pm
Old Mar 19, 2020, 12:34 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
While I presume that the Gold card voucher will be extended just like the upgrade ones, I don't have the answer to your question.

Though, did you know that the Gold card giftee is (unofficially) soft-landed to Silver like regular Gold card holders? If the voucher is not extended, maybe you could have your first choice drop to Silver for 6 months, and give the to somebody else for this once?
Old Mar 19, 2020, 6:17 am

Programs: AY Gold
For all of you that don't want us to extend the tier tracking period, please hold off contacting us until the change is visible in your profile, OK? It will be a lot easier to work with this. Thank you for your understanding.
Originally Posted by Antx
Would it be possible to do this request much later on in order to cut the extension short? Like, if things clear out in June, request in June to cut it short so that the new tracking period would start already from June or July? This way one could start flying as soon as possible, but still having an extension covering the period of uncertainty.
I know FinnairPlus probably has a lot of things of their table currently, but it would be great to get at least some response to this if at all possible as the extension is now showing at least in my profile. I will soon have to start moving my flights forward and it would be helpful to know if the extension can be cut short later on.

Also, it seems that the extension does not apply to gifting Gold. If I gift one now, will the recipient still be able to get an 18 month period or is it too late for that?
Olperoo likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 12:44 pm
Company Representative, Finnair

Programs: Finnair Plus
Yes, you can request to cut it short. All we ask is that you wait a little until the worst is over in CS
Extension applies to all tier members - gifted, soft-landed, all. So if you gift the Gold today that person will get the extension as well. You'd need to do it quite quickly as we will soon start putting the extension into production environment. (ETA) started putting the extension into production. We first handle members who's tier tracking ends in March, the April and so on.
We were not able to extend the Gold gifting Most members gift them as soon as they are visible in the profile, so it was a tradeoff we made to get the extension done quickly.
ffay005, SPBanker, Ksytsi and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Antx

Also, it seems that the extension does not apply to gifting Gold. If I gift one now, will the recipient still be able to get an 18 month period or is it too late for that?
Try gifting asap, and then check that gifted Gold in couple of days. If s/he didn't get the extension by end March drop me a PM and we will override that manually.
Dieselross and Antx like this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 1:06 pm

Programs: AY Gold
Yes, you can request to cut it short. All we ask is that you wait a little until the worst is over in CS
Extension applies to all tier members - gifted, soft-landed, all. So if you gift the Gold today that person will get the extension as well. You'd need to do it quite quickly as we will soon start putting the extension into production environment. (ETA) started putting the extension into production. We first handle members who's tier tracking ends in March, the April and so on.
We were not able to extend the Gold gifting Most members gift them as soon as they are visible in the profile, so it was a tradeoff we made to get the extension done quickly.
Try gifting asap, and then check that gifted Gold in couple of days. If s/he didn't get the extension by end March drop me a PM and we will override that manually.
Awesome, thank you so much. This helps a lot!
FinnairPlus likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:54 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
I would have had the change of membership year on 31 March 2020 but the new change of membership year is already visible in the app being 30 Sep 2020. Letīs see how it goes with Plus MasterCard...
Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by TTL
I would have had the change of membership year on 31 March 2020 but the new change of membership year is already visible in the app being 30 Sep 2020. Letīs see how it goes with Plus MasterCard...
You will get a new Master Card, with new validity date😊
SPBanker likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.