Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Will AY Extend elite status or otherwise incentivize travel postponed by COVID-19?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will AY Extend elite status or otherwise incentivize travel postponed by COVID-19?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2020, 4:49 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I’ve heard Forssa is a nice place - any plans to visit?
not enough money in The world 😂😂
Old Mar 12, 2020, 5:44 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I’ve heard Forssa is a nice place - any plans to visit?
Avoid Forssa!

Forssan keskuskoululla altistumisia

Keskiviikkona illalla Kanta-Hämeessä varmistuneiden tartuntojen osalta selvitellään edelleen altistuneita yhden tartunnan osalta. Forssan keskuskoululla keskiviikkona sairastuneeksi todettu oppilas on osallistunut opetukseen 4.-6. maaliskuuta, koulussa tällöin noin 50 henkeä on altistunut tartunnalle. Kanta-Hämeessä tartuntoja on tähän mennessä varmistunut yhteensä kahdeksan.
kauppias likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:45 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, EBG, FB Blue, Asante Platinum, AB Exec
I got a reply on my query about maintaining level due to flight cancellations and travel restrictions 9.3.

The customer service agent replied that as of that date, Finnair is not going to take any action regarding membership levels. She also stated that I have several months to collect points to maintain Plat. If it seems like I will be slightly short of flights/points, I should give them a call.

For now, out of 12 legs in March I have flown 2 and the rest have been cancelled. There's lots of catching up to do...
Old Mar 12, 2020, 8:09 am

Programs: AY+
Originally Posted by Finaviator
She also stated that I have several months to collect points to maintain Plat.
Bit of an arrogant attitude for AY, but I think that's what they have been told to tell if someone is asking... Finnair Plus rep here in FT told that AY is planning some kind of compensation.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 8:46 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
It's a bit premature to announce anything IMO. I can understand their answer, as well as FinnairPlus rep's vagueness.

Especially if the physical card's 2-months extra actually work, then there's no urgency to take any measure until two months into the crisis, so end of this month, or even rather end of April.
intuition likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I wouldn't rely on anything Janica says with regards to membership policy, especially deviation from it.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FinnairPlus
hi Flyer Talk! just chiming in to cut the speculation this is definitely under development right now. We are a loyalty program and we strongly believe loyalty goes both ways.
Thank you for listening, appreciated and looking forward to hear about this soon
Fims, FFlash, FinnairPlus and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:46 am

6mo extension confirmed.

Also voucher end date extended.
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
6 months extension for all, news just in.

"Ymmärrämme, että matkasuunnitelmasi voivat olla epävarmoja näinä odottamattomina aikoina. Olemme sitoutuneet lisätoimiin helpottaaksemme tilannetta, ja siksi pidennämme jäsentasoasi 31.3.2020 automaattisesti kuudella kuukaudella sen alkuperäisen voimassaolon päättymisen jälkeen. Myös käytössäsi olevilla matkustusluokankorotuseduilla on päivitetty voimassaolopäivämäärä."
hermanni likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:47 am

Just received an e-mail from Finnair. FF membership level and period prolonged 31.3.2020 with 6 months from current ending date.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:48 am

Everyone rushed in to post this
deleter likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:49 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Okay, received the email 2 min ago and I'm already the fifth poster...

I guess it's 6 months, regardless of status?
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:49 am

Programs: AY Platinum; TK Elite+; MR Titanium; HH Diamond
I just received an email that my status will be extended for an additional 6 months on March 31st. My spouse received the same email (with a gifted Gold card that was expiring in end of March).

Email quote underneath:
Under the current, unprecedented circumstances, we understand your travel plans can be uncertain. We are committed to taking additional steps to ease this situation for you and on 31 March 2020, we will automatically extend your tier status for further six months beyond its original expiry. Your available upgrade benefits will have updated validity date as well.

During this extended time, you can, of course, move up through the tiers with your flight activity. Please note that we will not send a new Finnair Plus plastic card and you can simply continue using your existing membership number when booking.

We are constantly evaluating the situation and if necessary will introduce additional measures to help you attain your status when we return to full traffic programme.

We are grateful for your continuous loyalty and hope you have enjoyed your tier benefits and will continue doing so in the future. We look forward to greeting you onboard again.

Kind regards
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:50 am

Hunt for Lumo commences...
ffay005 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.