Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium economy coming spring 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2022, 12:15 pm

seat selection for OWE

Can anyone confirm that OWE get free seat selections in AY PE when purchasing Premium Economy Classic ?
Old Jul 29, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Originally Posted by anc305
Can anyone confirm that OWE get free seat selections in AY PE when purchasing Premium Economy Classic ?
OWE should have free seat selection with any kind of ticket in any class of service when flying AY.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 1:43 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
And if AY web has hiccups, it is always possible to modify the seat selection using the RJ web...
Old Jul 31, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by haapalainen
OWE should have free seat selection with any kind of ticket in any class of service when flying AY.
OWE (AA EXP) trying to select seats for an upcoming trip in AY PE booked through AA. I tried to select seats through the AY website and it is trying to charge me. I called AY (US customer service number) and they indicated that seat selection is indeed chargeable despite OWE status. I did a dummy booking on the AY website for the same flights in Y (Y light) and all seats including economy comfort can be selected with no charge, so there seems to be an issue with PE.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to have the seat charge waived? I'm wondering if the codeshare might be the issue but I've booked BA coded, AY operated flights before and have not had an issue. I tried the RJ website but it cannot pull up the booking. I am going to try to chat with AY to see if I might have better luck.

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 1, 2022, 12:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bflotraveler
OWE (AA EXP) trying to select seats for an upcoming trip in AY PE booked through AA. I tried to select seats through the AY website and it is trying to charge me. I called AY (US customer service number) and they indicated that seat selection is indeed chargeable despite OWE status. I did a dummy booking on the AY website for the same flights in Y (Y light) and all seats including economy comfort can be selected with no charge, so there seems to be an issue with PE.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to have the seat charge waived? I'm wondering if the codeshare might be the issue but I've booked BA coded, AY operated flights before and have not had an issue. I tried the RJ website but it cannot pull up the booking. I am going to try to chat with AY to see if I might have better luck.

Thanks in advance!
Hang up and call again, try Finnish customer service, try Finnair chat etc.

It should not be chargeable and indeed seems to be an issue with PE.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Yup, the highly annoying chat gave 2 different answers for me (PE ticket, AA EXP). Trying phone. Also for the record if any Finnair people are lurking, the feedback form process was worse than useless.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:53 am

Just called the US NYC number. The agent confirmed that a OWE does not get to select seats free of charge in PE but could in Y and J. I declined to book my 3 trips. Kind of stupid IMHO , but no great loss.
esledo likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Just called the US NYC number. The agent confirmed that a OWE does not get to select seats free of charge in PE but could in Y and J. I declined to book my 3 trips. Kind of stupid IMHO , but no great loss.
This has got to be a joke, right?
Old Sep 20, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo; HH Diamond
I recently paid less money on AY website for PE than Econ was priced (JFK-HEL-JFK). What gives? Any ideas?

Thank you for any insight!
Old Sep 20, 2022, 2:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
This is not really new and is very well possible. I‘ve had cases where Business was cheaper than Economy.
Besstrashny Boug likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by florens
This is not really new and is very well possible. I‘ve had cases where Business was cheaper than Economy.
Thanks!

"I‘ve had cases where Business was cheaper than Economy."

​​​​​​​Looking forward to the one above :-)
Old Sep 20, 2022, 2:29 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Besstrashny Boug
Thanks!

Looking forward to the one above :-)
Rare on long haul but quite common on short haul.
FFlash likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:35 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Besstrashny Boug
Thanks!

​​​​​​​Looking forward to the one above :-)
Actually, you don't.
It is achieved by the new revman where ticket prices has figuratively no upper limit. So when econ topples business, all it means is that both fares are way overpriced.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Jorma
I called back agian and was told no free seats for OWE in PE. They said they were aware of the problem. But since it is a new product , it may be changed / fixed at some point .
esledo likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Jorma
duplicate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.