Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium economy coming spring 2022

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
I did PE on JFK-HEL since my J ug didn't clear (J was full). Imo this was propably the worst invested 20k points for an upgrade. The flight started at 22.45 so one would prefer to sleep right away. The food service was quick but I didn't even take plat champagne since NYC was enuf of IPA and other stuff. No sparkling water (I got some from the galley later on tho), Y wines.

The seat: I did the terrible choice of choosing the first row (21) cos I thought this would have better legroom. The experience was almost as bad a A321 first row. If you're 190cm, this was definitely bad. Those good leg room seats in Y would've been much better. The seat was ok to sit up but so is the Y seat. The recline was definitely not that substantial. The neck support was good.

All in all, if you like to have salads, this might be a value for you. Also if you're not very tall, the seat might suit you. But for me definitely a kärvistely flight.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by kanamurva
I did PE
a kärvistely flight.
Hahaha, I must love your language😁

First row of PE=kärvistelyPEnkki official😁
miamiflyer8 and kanamurva like this.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 8:16 am

Aaaaand, looks like soon I will end up kärvistely too, since my SO upgrade hasnt cleared and mine does. I guess I will need to swap my J seat then for her and sit myself tight in kärvistelyrow towards JFK. Daytime it is ok, luckily inbound home has cleared for both
Old Nov 9, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Google translate says "kärvistely" means "sharpening"... I guess it will sharpen one's senses to do PE (or even Y) every now and then.
kauppias likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by FFlash
Aaaaand, looks like soon I will end up kärvistely too, since my SO upgrade hasnt cleared and mine does. I guess I will need to swap my J seat then for her and sit myself tight in kärvistelyrow towards JFK. Daytime it is ok, luckily inbound home has cleared for both
Originally Posted by cistavoda
Google translate says "kärvistely" means "sharpening"... I guess it will sharpen one's senses to do PE (or even Y) every now and then.
Maybe.
Then a probable thinking is also that I can enjoy PE alone with all peace = viinaa menee niin paljon concept while SO is behind front curtain. Or then that probably is not a good start for a trip, the first fight happening on arrival due to ”hyi kun sä haiset kaljalle! Et sie pysy ees pystyssä? ” 😁😁
Old Nov 10, 2022, 7:44 am

Jfk-Hel premium economy main mail, crab cakes. Imo the main was ok, good sauce. Entree was cauliflower, pretty bad. And dessert was really lame.

another option was veel cheeks or something:

The sandwich before arrival was the same than in Y.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: AY, Accor, Hilton - Gold
Got PE on HEL-SIN in March. I chose seat 22J instead of first row. Any thoughts on that?
Old Nov 11, 2022, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Compliment
Got PE on HEL-SIN in March. I chose seat 22J instead of first row. Any thoughts on that?
Much better idea imo. More legroom.
Compliment likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 9:53 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by cistavoda
especially if on ay 🤣🤣👍
Old Nov 12, 2022, 3:51 am

OT but yeah, havent studied but maybe the word kärvistely comes loaned from swedish, which fits well the circumstances…kärva tider😂
kanamurva likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 5:35 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Getting OT on the OT, but if anyone has a reference to a finnish etymology resource that would be iteresting!
Old Nov 13, 2022, 7:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Do we know what codeshares earn in PE?

This page is not up to date as PE Codeshares are missing: https://www.finnair.com/ch-en/finnai...s-from-flights

If I were to book PE Flex ZRH-LHR-JFK-HEL-ZRH, what would the earning be for ZRH-LHR-JFK?

I am aware of complexities of codeshares and usually avoid them as far as I can.

Also, what would the earning be for HEL-ZRH in Y with a PE ticket?
Old Nov 13, 2022, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
So is JL a better choice in PE for HEL-HND-HEL? (cheaper, for sure)
Old Nov 13, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by florens
Also, what would the earning be for HEL-ZRH in Y with a PE ticket?
It depends on the ticket type. If you have Flex it is per flight 4000 points plus tier bonus.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by florens
If I were to book PE Flex ZRH-LHR-JFK-HEL-ZRH, what would the earning be for ZRH-LHR-JFK?
It should be 200% * the km distances of each of the leg (plus tier bonus, if applicable). The truth can of course be different...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.