Wiki Posts
Search

Premium economy coming spring 2022

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by intuition
Actually, you don't.
It is achieved by the new revman where ticket prices has figuratively no upper limit. So when econ topples business, all it means is that both fares are way overpriced.
I do understand this conceptually. In my particular narrow case, where I had no choice/flexibility this felt like it was to my advantage. Lets say I did not notice that PE was cheaper than ECON and purchased ECON, that would be disappointing...
intuition likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Besstrashny Boug
I recently paid less money on AY website for PE than Econ was priced (JFK-HEL-JFK). What gives? Any ideas?

Thank you for any insight!
I had the same thing happen to me for December to Phuket. Maybe a fluke fare but it was cheaper than Econ which was practically full. This was for Dec/Jan travel.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by anc305
duplicate
i can confirm the same thing happened I had to end up buying the flex fare which allowed free seats given the cost of seats was about the same to go from classic to flexible. Crazy!
Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:16 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Do you guys know whether the premium economy wines and drinks are same as in J or same as in Y? Big difference imo.

Another question: got cph-hel-jfk booked in PE, upgraded with 20k points. Didn't pay for those points myself. Now I'm thinking about paying the extra 30k for J. This would then give me the cph-hel leg as well. Short leg J, day flight so plenty of time to enjoy food and drinks, do you think this is a good deal?
Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:20 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by kanamurva
Do you guys know whether the premium economy wines and drinks are same as in J or same as in Y? Big difference imo.

Another question: got cph-hel-jfk booked in PE, upgraded with 20k points. Didn't pay for those points myself. Now I'm thinking about paying the extra 30k for J. This would then give me the cph-hel leg as well. Short leg J, day flight so plenty of time to enjoy food and drinks, do you think this is a good deal?
You should take one for the team and evaluate PE
ffay005, remymartin and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:24 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Originally Posted by cistavoda
You should take one for the team and evaluate PE
This was my original idea. I'm propably gonna do it when returning. I saw some IG video where the food looked exactly the same as by BKK J food. But drinks were served in plastic cups. The wines could make the difference here: if they are the Y bulk, then the J is very tempting.
cistavoda likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:28 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite

Never flown PE but their pages state that complimentary beverages, excluding champagne. So a good guess would be it is Y level not J, also to keep J as a more valuable option and to save money. But would be nice to hear some facts.

I think on an overnight flight I would pay the 30k extra, but day flight to JFK? Not so sure, especially with status. Although to get the upgrade for SH part too would add value. Was merely thinking about myself located in HEL.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 3:49 am
np1

Originally Posted by srieppo
Never flown PE but their pages state that complimentary beverages, excluding champagne. So a good guess would be it is Y level not J, also to keep J as a more valuable option and to save money. But would be nice to hear some facts.
My experience is from flight from SIN in PE in July. Y selection of drinks (excluding champagne) was freely flowing during the flight. Sure I was reminded that I also should order champagne as it is my plat benefit.

Oh and some J wines were offered during around mid of the flight when ordered some wine, but most likely crew decision to reduce waste with opened bottles.
remymartin and kanamurva like this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 4:33 am

In the summer I flew PE to SIN. When the service started I asked what beverages they've got and the FA just answered beer, wine and water. The wine came in a small bottle so probably same stuff as in Y. No other drinks were proactively offered. Later I checked on the IFE screen what was on offer and got a cocktail which was served in a cardboard cup. On my way back the upgrade went through. Based on that I would say the upgrade from PE to J is much more worth it than from Y to PE.
cistavoda likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: BONVOY Lifetime Platinum , Ay Platinum, Hhonors Diamond

To And from JFK only low qualit(Y ) wines, and not even a proper glass for the complimentary plat champagne 🤢
kanamurva likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 10:43 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Plip
... got a cocktail which was served in a cardboard cup. ....
Oh, a classic Finnair move. They sure knows how to deliver on that premium feeling!
ffay005 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 4:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I asked to upgrade BKK-HEL to PE and they ask for 220€ per person. I think this is excellent value, given the very private 20JL seats and the duration of the flight. I will probably purchase the upgrade.
NoWindowSeat likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 4:33 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE)
Booked HEL-BKK-HEL in the Cardboard Class. Very excited to experience the premium feeling of oven heated soggy cardboard and, if I'm lucky, plasticy GT's.

I think it would be worth it to upgrade to J, but as it's BKK, I guess there is a snowman's chance in hell of that going through.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 5:04 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
How much was Y, and how much did you pay for PE?
Old Oct 16, 2022, 5:16 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE)
Y Classic was ~1100€ maybe a bit under 1030€ and PE Classic was 1335€. I think the choice was a no-brainer with that small of a price difference and I had set my mind to test the new PE product anyways.

e. Checked the Y Classic fare, and it would be 1030€ today. So closer to 1000€ than 1100€.
NoWindowSeat and ffay005 like this.

Last edited by AndyA; Oct 16, 2022 at 5:23 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.