Wiki Posts
Search

Premium economy coming spring 2022

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2021, 4:59 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
You mean ATRs Premium Eco ?
Ha, I flew such once and wanted to change my seat into one with the legchair. No.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 5:01 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by ffay005
An additional piece of grilled tofu in your salad?
Based on time of day and the needs of the traveller, our guests in premium economy will enjoy the finest Nordic sustainable kitchen has to offer. Our famous chefs have taken the extra time to pair every meal with a fresh glass of water, carefully extracted from our private tap in Vantaa communal water and sewer system.

In manage my booking, you will be able to pre-order from a huge selection of side orders, like meatbals, glass of wine, barfbag with Finnair logo, butter-knife in wood (set of 3), starting at just 19€ each.
r2d2, ffay005, loimu and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 10:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
For me it's all about the long haul hard product - if it's the same eco seats as the back of the plane, it makes no sense at all. OTOH if it's a real PE product, like SK has (CPH-ERW was really nice for a daytime flight) or some others than it could be a serious value proposal. OTOH we haven't heard anything about refitting any of the long haul birds, so I'm afraid it the former option...

For short haul it's irrelevant, I even managed 2+ hrs in an ATR72. Free exit seat (on a jet) with salads are all I need. Throw in seat block and another salad and I'm happy.
I am pretty sure it will be a proper PE seat. They offer already extra legroom default Y seats now.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 3:56 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
PE doesn’t seem to include much extra. A three course meal and drinks throughout the flight (excl. champagne), but no airport services, no seat selection, no wifi.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 6:56 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I was surprised it includes an upgraded meal with real china. The seat looks like an American domestic F seat, but with more padding. For a daytime flight of some 8 hours, like JFK, this would be quite okay for me. Let's see what kind of pricing they will offer.
kauppias likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 7:55 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by lkrt
PE doesn’t seem to include much extra. A three course meal and drinks throughout the flight (excl. champagne), but no airport services, no seat selection, no wifi.
Very poor if snacks cost too, SK doesn’t charge for midflight snacks in long haul Plus as a point of comparison.

I just hope FA’s will make several drink runs, or not roll their eyes when going to the galley to fetch more drinks. SK wants you to order all drinks at once in Plus and then you sit there with a cup of lemon water which was supposed to be ice for your GT 😂😂
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:47 pm

I was surprised it includes an upgraded meal with real china. The seat looks like an American domestic F seat, but with more padding. For a daytime flight of some 8 hours, like JFK, this would be quite okay for me. Let's see what kind of pricing they will offer.
Bare minimum. Just having flown that 6:30hr flight in oneclass, it was a good testing ground to swear I will never want to fly economy even a mediumhaul. Nevö. Evö. Periöd.
vulle likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 3:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Let's see what kind of pricing they will offer.
Essentially the pricing is already there for TATL JV traffic, since AA, BA and IB already have priced PE for those airport pairs affected by the JV. So just price up e.g. HEL-NYC via LON as AA ticketed. I can't see AY differing from that.

I personally fully anticipate that the Asian routes are the real deal for the PE cabin of AY, since there's more room for pricing it themselves.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
PE gets blanket and neck pillow by Marimekko

Meet our new, unique cabin textiles from Marimekko: a neck pillow and a beautiful woven blanket with Marimekko prints to bring extra comfort and joy. The new items are specially designed for the Premium Economy seat to elevate your travel experience and comfort.

And small sustainable touch from the article

There is also a shared goal in terms of sustainability. The woven blanket in Premium Economy is made from 100% recycled polyester, while recycled materials are used as much as possible in items throughout the cabin.
kauppias likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 8:33 am

If China ever opens up, I guess a substantial percentage of those items will vanish from the plane after each flight. I like the pillow, that's exactly what one needs!
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:24 pm

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
Great pricing to HongKong

The new Premium Economy really must be something very special !
ffay005, FFlash, goldnext and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by sueco6

The new Premium Economy really must be something very special !
I liked it more than J, so price is ok
Old Mar 21, 2022, 9:52 am
haa

Programs: No more status, free agent now
AY Premium Economy seat quick review

I flew HEL-LHR this weekend on AY A330-300 OH-LTO that had the new PE seats installed. There were 3 rows of PE, rows 21-23 in 2-3-2 configuration (yay, middle PE seats exist). I was assigned seat 21A for my last minute economy award booking.

Recline was quite OK, in the most reclined state I had trouble to stay awake ;-) The footrest also was pretty OK. See the photo with maximum recline, highest footrest position and headrest folded to max. The other seat is fully upright for comparison. The headrest did also move up and down quite a lot and folded on sides for quite OK head support.

The bulkhead leg room was quite OK, a few cm short for my 182cm height, but not a real problem.

There were 2 main problems in my opinion:

Problem 1. The seat is quite narrow in front on both sides, one side has the remote control and other side has an annoying narrow part:

Problem 2. The desk was in the middle handrest on all PE seats, and the desk did not move very far forward, not far enough for convenient laptop use or bigger belly. The photo shows the table in the frontmost position, which is a tight fit.

Usb and power seemed to be OK. The USB seemed to charge my iPhone a little faster than minimum USB speeds. The headphone jack had some funky extra connections (maybe power for noise canceling headphones in the future?).

The onboard advertising video said that PE service will start becoming available from 11th May. Now the service was normal Y service, which seems to have been "enhanced" again in the last couple of weeks, with lukewarm tea now paid at 2,50 euros, not again. Definitely got LCC vibes.

There was a very large and nice lav just in front of row 21, but the curtain positioning seemed to indicate it is for J pax, but you chould sneak in as it was right there. Lavs aft were a very long way back behind a large Y section.

I think the seat was quite OK, except the narrow front part was not very comfy for me. Would probably pay a little more over standard Y price for this, but not too much extra.
SPBanker, FFlash and Turnpike like this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 6:03 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I stumbled across this today - PE rates are loaded in GDS for SIN, at least. I couldn’t see BKK or HKT

eg May HEL-SIN rt P class from 1114€
ex ARN 940€
Old Apr 6, 2022, 6:40 am

I walked through the cabin last night on HEL-SIN. While J was full (2 seats empty), Y had about 160 pax. The pax in PE seats looked a lot more uncomfortable than those in Y who had secured a three-seater and were lying down.

An 8-hour daytime flight on a full plane in PE sounds good to me, but I'm not really sure it's worth the gamble for anything else – imagine paying a substantial premium for PE while Y loads are very low...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.