Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Longhaul menus are supposed to be visible in MMB, but it is often broken. At the time of publishing, this link works.
Collection of current longhaul J menus (finnair.com)
Print Wikipost

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by duvin
a couple of weeks ago I did see an empty Burger King bag in the Platinum Wing
SPBanker likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:54 am

I'm flying JFK-HEL-SIN this week in Business class. As this is the first time I'm flying AY in Business, I thought I should pre-order my meals. I selected the option for each that is fish. Are you saying I am better just waiting to see what the choices are on the flight itself rather than preordering?
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:11 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by katstarr
I'm flying JFK-HEL-SIN this week in Business class. As this is the first time I'm flying AY in Business, I thought I should pre-order my meals. I selected the option for each that is fish. Are you saying I am better just waiting to see what the choices are on the flight itself rather than preordering?
I don't understand your logic here. If you want/need to eat fish, then you'll preorder the fish to ensure they don't run out. They won't have any fish dishes on board that aren't available for preorder. (The chef's special is invariably chicken...)

Note that for flights ex-HEL, there's an additional fish dish available only via preorder.

Many flights have a salmon soup available from the outstation. If you have had a meal in the lounge, then this soup is a great choice if all you need is a lighter meal.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
I don't understand your logic here. If you want/need to eat fish, then you'll preorder the fish to ensure they don't run out. They won't have any fish dishes on board that aren't available for preorder. (The chef's special is invariably chicken...)

Note that for flights ex-HEL, there's an additional fish dish available only via preorder.

Many flights have a salmon soup available from the outstation. If you have had a meal in the lounge, then this soup is a great choice if all you need is a lighter meal.
Hi. Thanks for your response. I wasn't saying I must have a fish selection, I was just saying that the fish option listed was most appealing of the three options listed. What I was asking was whether, as a general matter, the non-preorder selection offered on the flight was better than the pre-orders.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:20 am

Okay. All main courses that they will have on board are available for preorder (and then some, ex-HEL). So in all cases, it pays off to preorder.
katstarr likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Also if you like fish - you can give the seafood option a try. I had it on my last short haul and it was excellent (also the raw vegetarian was kind of good - at least for short haul)
Old Oct 28, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ffay005
(The chef's special is invariably chicken...)
On my two recent long-hauls, the chef's special was stuffed pasta (with mushrooms) and burger beef.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 3:21 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by katstarr
Hi. Thanks for your response. I wasn't saying I must have a fish selection, I was just saying that the fish option listed was most appealing of the three options listed. What I was asking was whether, as a general matter, the non-preorder selection offered on the flight was better than the pre-orders.
I tried the "Food Lover's Treat" that's available only as a pre-order ex-HEL. Grilled whitefish. I honestly thought the default fish option, baked cod, was better.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
deleted
Old Oct 29, 2019, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by mhle
On my two recent long-hauls, the chef's special was stuffed pasta (with mushrooms) and burger beef.
Okay. I haven't asked in a while. Every time I asked, it was always chicken... Good to have more variety. Chef's Special sounds like the cheapie cheap option, though.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Ay+ Gold OWS

Amuse bouche (fruits!! Come on what the...!!)

Tofu for a starter

Main was something potatoes with kind of rösti veggie patty

Dessert was good

HEL-BKK VGML two weeks ago. Well what can I say. I had better meals in SH business. But this was way better than bkk-hel last week 😁
florens likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: AY+
Hi,

Any experience on low-lactose meals in Business both intra-Europe and intercontinental? Booking tickets and was wondering if I should pre-order my meal. Is it worth it?

Luckily low-lactose isn't a must for me, though I'd certainly prefer it if its any good.

Pics are also appreciated

-Olpe
Old Nov 21, 2019, 11:29 am

Welcome to FT and the AY forum!

With the number of lactose intolerants in Finland and considering AY's Asian presence, I'd be surprised if AY actually served lactose-rich foods. Most likely, all their dairy products are HYLA (see https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/HYLA + Google translate), ie low-lactose.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 1:51 pm

Agree with ffay005.
Hardly any catered food contains lactose anymore.
Creams and other dairy products used in professional kitchens are almost always non-lactose or low-lactose.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 12:05 am

Programs: AY+
Thanks for the responses

Think I'll take my chances and see the menu on the plane.

-Olpe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.