Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Longhaul menus are supposed to be visible in MMB, but it is often broken. At the time of publishing, this link works.
Collection of current longhaul J menus (finnair.com)
Print Wikipost

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:58 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by finnishlad

Chicken noodles
Love to see that proper Salt&Pepper shakers are back again
Old Jan 30, 2020, 10:37 pm

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Ay7 hel-mia jan 2020

I have absolutely no idea what the amuse was, I think it was vegetarian something with some roe. Not very tasty.

And again, one-tray service for 11h flight! However, this time the food was much better than on my last HEL-MIA back in October. Salmon tartar was excellent, I could have easily eaten second and third..! For the main I ordered the "Chef's Gourmet" reindeer, which was also good...nice and tender. At first I was surprised how much space there was on the tray until I realized that the extra space was due to side salad which seems to be enhanced away. TBH, I don't think this as a major loss...

Cheese and Jymy milk ice cream

Second service. The other option was pea risotto, which sounded too extreme, so I went with the chicken option. it was just as forgettable as it looks.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 9:36 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
I have absolutely no idea what the amuse was, I think it was vegetarian something with some roe. Not very tasty.

And again, one-tray service for 11h flight! However, this time the food was much better than on my last HEL-MIA back in October. Salmon tartar was excellent, I could have easily eaten second and third..! For the main I ordered the "Chef's Gourmet" reindeer, which was also good...nice and tender. At first I was surprised how much space there was on the tray until I realized that the extra space was due to side salad which seems to be enhanced away. TBH, I don't think this as a major loss...

Cheese and Jymy milk ice cream

Second service. The other option was pea risotto, which sounded too extreme, so I went with the chicken option. it was just as forgettable as it looks.
What is it with the winter time becoming "Viinaa menee niin paljon" concept? Had the same delicious appetizer on AY5 a year ago, but on one tray which is APPALLING on daytime flights. FA praised it with "Oh isn't it great, no need to rush a big meal on such a short flight"
ffay005, esledo and Purjelentaja like this.

Last edited by miamiflyer8; Jan 31, 2020 at 1:45 pm
Old Jan 31, 2020, 10:54 am

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
What is it with the winter time becoming "Viinaa menee niin paljon?" concept? Had the same delicious appetizer on AY5 a year ago, but on one tray which is APPALLING on daytime flights. FA praised it with "Oh isn't it great, no need to rush a big meal on such a short flight"
Based on the clientele on my MIA flight, I doubt that "Viinaa menee niin paljon" as there were about ten pax who were clearly under the age of 18!
esledo likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Based on the clientele on my MIA flight, I doubt that "Viinaa menee niin paljon" as there were about ten pax who were clearly under the age of 18!
I was referring to one report here where the FA used "Viinaa menee niin paljon" as an excuse for the one tray service, which is pathetic as how does lots of liquor being consumed somehow obstruct meal service? And your experience reflects that it is indeed not an issue.
esledo likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 12:26 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Do not dare to doubt the harshness of "Viinaa menee niin paljon" flight, has AY clientele changed so much since Feb 2019 that they anymore do not struggle 11 hours of against zombies emptying their bar trolleys?
Old Jan 31, 2020, 1:30 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Nobody ever asked them back: ”WHERE does that high consumption go?”

...from Crew-using-Wifi-in-rest gate to Crew-using-booze-in-rest-area gate... harharhar
Old Feb 3, 2020, 9:20 pm
R2

Onboard AY102; a 10-hour long day flight. Why an earth do they serve aperitif, amuse-bouche and appetiser on a tray all at the same time? There is all the time in the world to do it in a premium fashion so the customer can enjoy and make the most of it.

Also, we know AY does not have proper wine glasses. Instead they use the (exotic to non-Scandinavians) Iittala tumblers. But please serve the wines at the seat by presenting the bottle and pouring it in front of the customer. Now it comes in a glass straight to your seat and there is that small but important part of the wine experience - 'la dégustation' - missing completely.
florens and remymartin like this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 12:16 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by R2
Onboard AY102; a 10-hour long day flight. Why an earth do they serve aperitif, amuse-bouche and appetiser on a tray all at the same time? There is all the time in the world to do it in a premium fashion so the customer can enjoy and make the most of it.

Also, we know AY does not have proper wine glasses. Instead they use the (exotic to non-Scandinavians) Iittala tumblers. But please serve the wines at the seat by presenting the bottle and pouring it in front of the customer. Now it comes in a glass straight to your seat and there is that small but important part of the wine experience - 'la dégustation' - missing completely.
Definitely not normal for service flow on this flight to re: the appetizer. Normally drinks and amuse bouche are brought out together.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 12:21 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SuloL
Definitely not normal for service flow on this flight to re: the appetizer. Normally drinks and amuse bouche are brought out together.
Those are scheduled flights but they are anyway more replacing traditional charters, most J seats are sold via tour company so..
Old Feb 4, 2020, 12:44 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
Isn’t this to reduce contacts with passengers because of virus ?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:02 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Those are scheduled flights but they are anyway more replacing traditional charters, most J seats are sold via tour company so..
What am I missing here? To me the HKG route, even this departure, which tends to have the lowest J loads, is one of the more business heavy routes.

Originally Posted by finnishlad
Isn’t this to reduce contacts with passengers because of virus ?
I thought of this too, but not a very clever way of doing it IMO. Very plausible explanation though.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:35 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
They do have some new measures because of the virus. Even on a flight to the US, all J food was served as packed (cold food with a lid on and warm food in a folio). But otherwise normal service.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:52 am

Programs: AY+, HH Gold
Originally Posted by mhle
They do have some new measures because of the virus. Even on a flight to the US, all J food was served as packed (cold food with a lid on and warm food in a folio). But otherwise normal service.
I don't think it has to do with the virus. I'm on BKK-HEL atm and the all meals so far have been served as finnishlad reported a few weeks ago.

I had the duck starter, salmon mains, cheese, and ice cream for dessert. Then there was a coffee service with cakes as well. All very tasty, apart from the dried out carrot and celery (?) sticks that came with the cheese.

Old Feb 4, 2020, 2:59 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
What am I missing here? To me the HKG route, even this departure, which tends to have the lowest J loads, is one of the more business heavy routes.
Sorry, my bad, I thought this was about the MIA route...anyway they also often speed up the service on midnight departures as most people prefer to get to sleep soon..if you want to enjoy things in more leisure manner / pace, enjoy cocktail first etc. just ask the crew, I have asked many times and never a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.