Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Longhaul menus are supposed to be visible in MMB, but it is often broken. At the time of publishing, this link works.
Collection of current longhaul J menus (finnair.com)
Print Wikipost

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2019, 2:21 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Flying AY122 DEL-HEL on Saturday, Sep 7, and will be my first time on Finnair. Was looking for menus and noticed this page still shows the Jun 5 - Sep 3 cycle.

If the page isn't updated by Saturday, I'm considering ordering a special meal as the current regular options all seem quite heavy. (I don't any strict dietary restrictions but try to avoid food that is too rich or heavy in carbs.) However, my experience with special meals in J on other carriers (mostly AC and LH) have been very disappointing, so it's not an easy decision. Anyone who's had special meals in AY J have any experience or advice they can share?

Thank you!
I cannot help you with the special meals, but the new menu for DEL - HEL is the following:

Option 1
Grilled salmon with fennel sauce and pea purée

Option 2
Murg Pudina Biryani, Masala Channa Dal, Paneer Shimla Mirch
Indian delicasy of rice and chicken cooked with mint and spices. Spicy yellow lentils and bell peppers with cottage cheese

Option 3
Paneer Chilgoza, Dhania Kishmish Pulao, Dal Tadka
Indian vegetarian meal with Indian style cottage cheese and pinenuts, rice pilaf with raisins and coriander, spicy lentils
Old Sep 4, 2019, 3:27 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
I cannot help you with the special meals, but the new menu for DEL - HEL is the following:

Option 1
Grilled salmon with fennel sauce and pea purée

Option 2
Murg Pudina Biryani, Masala Channa Dal, Paneer Shimla Mirch
Indian delicasy of rice and chicken cooked with mint and spices. Spicy yellow lentils and bell peppers with cottage cheese

Option 3
Paneer Chilgoza, Dhania Kishmish Pulao, Dal Tadka
Indian vegetarian meal with Indian style cottage cheese and pinenuts, rice pilaf with raisins and coriander, spicy lentils
Oh perfect! Option s 1 and 2 both look appealing.

Out of curiosity, how did you get access to the new menu?
Old Sep 4, 2019, 4:51 am

Out of curiosity, how did you get access to the new menu?
From Manage My Booking. I'm on the same flight as you on Saturday
capedreamer likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 5:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Flying AY122 DEL-HEL on Saturday, Sep 7, and will be my first time on Finnair. Was looking for menus and noticed this page still shows the Jun 5 - Sep 3 cycle.

If the page isn't updated by Saturday, I'm considering ordering a special meal as the current regular options all seem quite heavy. (I don't any strict dietary restrictions but try to avoid food that is too rich or heavy in carbs.) However, my experience with special meals in J on other carriers (mostly AC and LH) have been very disappointing, so it's not an easy decision. Anyone who's had special meals in AY J have any experience or advice they can share?

Thank you!
DEL-HEL VGML:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30415547-post176.html
capedreamer likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Option 1 sounds very familiar from my flights last April and May. It was, unfortunately, not appealing at all. Dry fish, dry mashed peas. Edible, but nothing more. They cater ex-DEL, so if you like Indian food, I'm sure it's a better choice (+ usually reheats well, too).
capedreamer likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 6:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ffay005
Option 1 sounds very familiar from my flights last April and May. It was, unfortunately, not appealing at all. Dry fish, dry mashed peas. Edible, but nothing more. They cater ex-DEL, so if you like Indian food, I'm sure it's a better choice (+ usually reheats well, too).
FWIW, special meals are catered exHEL, though.
ffay005 and capedreamer like this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 6:10 am

From Manage My Booking. I'm on the same flight as you on Saturday
Ah very good. I just selected Option 1 for myself. Impressed by Finnair's web functionality. I'm in 6L btw if you want to say hi.

Originally Posted by florens
Originally Posted by florens
FWIW, special meals are catered exHEL, though.
Thanks! Think I will stick with the regular option.

Ah, just saw this. I generally like salmon on flights so will give this a chance.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Ah, just saw this. I generally like salmon on flights so will give this a chance.
Please report back! I may have been unlucky...
capedreamer likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 6:29 am

Ah very good. I just selected Option 1 for myself. Impressed by Finnair's web functionality. I'm in 6L btw if you want to say hi.
Will be just 3 rows ahead of you in 3L

Oh, and probably around the AY forum, you are the only one who is impressed by their IT solutions We mostly complain about it
Old Sep 4, 2019, 6:37 am

Will be just 3 rows ahead of you in 3L

Oh, and probably around the AY forum, you are the only one who is impressed by their IT solutions We mostly complain about it
Y'all are clearly not regular AC flyers / users. I present to you:

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues
Old Sep 4, 2019, 8:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Y'all are clearly not regular AC flyers / users. I present to you:

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues
Or BA...

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

I still think IB and BA have the worst websites.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:15 pm

Please report back! I may have been unlucky...
It was not the best salmon dish I've had inflight. That title goes to this Air Canada take on barbecue salmon with sriracha fried basmati rice and bok choy:

But it was not terrible. Portion was a bit small and the fish was rather dry, but the pea puree was tasty.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
AY1. HEL-LAX 29/8

Very good crew and food.

Lamb special - Very nice

Really enjoyed this desert
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Poor me that I haven't taken photos but to the kudos for Finnair I must say that they have upped the game here clearly. It all started somewhere around our FT'rs kitchen visit, so we can take the glory
My last few longhauls have been enjoying surprisingly good meals and nice presentation. Totally opposite that AY earlier was infamous of.

Heh, some of you pervs might say now that after all my complaints recently towards AY I had to say something good in return LOL
Old Sep 19, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
For the business class flights, can you ask the Flight Attendant when placing your order to leave off a sauce? I'm interested in the "Pork in black bean sauce with Chinese cabbage and steamed rice" and the "Braised beef in black bean sauce with vegetables and steamed rice" for two of my flights, but I can't eat the black bean sauce due to allergies. Do they automatically come prepared in this sauce? Or is it something the Flight Attendant adds separately when preparing the meal that they can leave off?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.