Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2017, 12:25 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Originally Posted by mario23
My Sapphire status expires before my flight. If I select a seat for free now will I still have it for the flight or will I have to pay for it?
You should still have it.
Are you sure?

Here is a discussion that system might refuse check-in due to unpaid seats. Problem with online check-in: is it me or the system?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by intuition
Are you sure?

Here is a discussion that system might refuse check-in due to unpaid seats. Problem with online check-in: is it me or the system?
Worked for my father but this is a YMMV thing.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
What Plat benefits are included in OW (QF) codeshares on AY metal? Do I just loose the +25% point accrual, or do I loose something else too? Economy Comfort, free WiFi, etc.?

Last edited by Unsub; Mar 13, 2017 at 6:50 am
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Unsub
What Plat benefits are included in OW (QF) codeshares on AY metal? Do I just loose the +25% point accrual, or do I loose something else too? Economy Comfort, free WiFi, etc.?
Should be just the points bonuses and no upgrades with points/vouchers.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by lkrt
Should be just the points bonuses and no upgrades with points/vouchers.
I guess I've avoided them for nothing then.. Would this affect the chances for an op-up? Flying extremely crowded flights (hence couldn't get AY codes), so I guess the chances for one could be marginally increased..
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Am I missing something or have they taken away the ability to change/view one's seat?

In the new "PNRS page" I can see my seat number but there is no seat map (or possibility to view one) and it says "Seat already purchased". Please say I don't have to call up web support just to change where I sit...

(oh well, it's still not as terrible as SK's new website...)
Old Mar 14, 2017, 2:25 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
New design. Confusing as always.

You need to click on the button next to "Already purchased seat" and you will be taken to the seat map.

And no, it is not (yet) at the disastrous level as SAS site.
But I guess these two companies are in a race to the bottom.
So now when clicking on "Select seat" button, you are taken to a "Buy extras" page, instead of the seat selection. So they added yet another step. Wow, this is just sooo "peace of mind"

Last edited by intuition; Mar 14, 2017 at 2:33 pm
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold

You need to click on the button next to "Already purchased seat" and you will be taken to the seat map.

And no, it is not (yet) at the disastrous level as SAS site.
But I guess these two companies are in a race to the bottom.
So now when clicking on "Select seat" button, you are taken to a "Buy extras" page, instead of the seat selection. So they added yet another step. Wow, this is just sooo "peace of mind"
Does not seem to work for me. Clicking the button does nothing. Are these things not tested before implementing...
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA gold, OWE

I don't have any button. I just got my name, "Already purchased seat", green tick box and a purple box where it states my current seat number. I can't get the seat map open anywhere...
Old Mar 14, 2017, 4:04 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Testing? Isn't that what the users are supposed to do after the site is launched?!?

Anyway, do you see the purple outlined seat button to the right? That is where you are supposed to click!!

Does it become filled purple when hovering over it?

If it doesn't light up inpurple, then all their scripts haven't finished. You usually must wait at least 5 seconds between clicks.

If it lights up, it is supposed to open one of their standard "pop-in" windows, ie a layover window on top of the actual window, with the background greyed out.

Click on the 10D box -----------------------------------------------------------------------v
Attached Images  
Old Mar 14, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA gold, OWE
Testing? Isn't that what the users are supposed to do after the site is launched?!?

Anyway, do you see the purple outlined seat button to the right? That is where you are supposed to click!!

Does it become filled purple when hovering over it?
Stays purple, can't be clicked, changes a bit darker purple when I do mouse over. Session will expire if I wait too long.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
It looks and behaves exactly the same for me as for temppa. Cannot click anything. I've tried three browsers on desktop as well as iOS.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 1:09 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by klmml
It looks and behaves exactly the same for me as for temppa. Cannot click anything. I've tried three browsers on desktop as well as iOS.
Something weird there. I tried with 4 different bookings. 3 of them work just fine, seat maps open in pop-up window, but the fourth acts strange: it consists of four segments, the overseas segments (2nd and 3rd) seat maps open normally, but the first and last (short haul), don't open at all! Another unnecessary non-tested "enhancement" to the web pages. I agree, they are racing to the bottom and obviously are trying to beat SK in this!
Old Mar 15, 2017, 1:54 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
Some time lurker - new writer says hello!

I'm planning to fly from HEL to SEA in July. One connection would be HEL-JFK-SEA with 90 minutes connection time in JFK. Is this itinerary doable or should I find something else? I'm on fresh ESTA, flying in J, AY Plat and through ticketed. Is there some priority for immigration/customs/security based on tight connection/class of travel/status?

Thanks in beforehand.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 2:15 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Welcome K. Jurri, nice nick!

Are You friend of Kari Grandi?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.