Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:08 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
So what is exactly the difference in passenger experience flying HEL-xxx on AY or DY for non-status pax?
not much different for status pax either 😁😆 especially if one has a PP or AX plat
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:32 am

Programs: AY LUMO
On AY you can use overhead lockers for free.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:41 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
So what is exactly the difference in passenger experience flying HEL-xxx on AY or DY for non-status pax?
AY will not bother you too much about hand luggage.

If you factor in the price of a roll-aboard, AY often seems to be the cheaper alternative.

With AY, even if you fly very little, you can have free coffee (750 points) by collecting AY+ points and using them on board.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
AY will not bother you too much about hand luggage.

If you factor in the price of a roll-aboard, AY often seems to be the cheaper alternative.

With AY, even if you fly very little, you can have free coffee (750 points) by collecting AY+ points and using them on board.
Norwegian Rewards is a straight cash back scheme, so the money you save on your next flight could go towards that coffee
Old Mar 24, 2022, 8:45 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Norwegian Rewards is a straight cash back scheme, so the money you save on your next flight could go towards that coffee
It is, but it also has "tier-perks", based on number of segments last 12m.
If you spend a few segments, you can earn free bag and priority security which is decent value.

I think they offer free wifi to all, so the whole "highly valued platinum members are limited to 30 minutes access" perk is not a show stopper...
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
About HEL but not AY... what's the deal with the weekly A3 HEL-KLX? I don't recall ever seeing such a route announced, and it seems to last just a month?

(N.B.: if you're going to make a mass tourism trip, there is a sale discount code at the moment)
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Courmisch
About HEL but not AY... what's the deal with the weekly A3 HEL-KLX? I don't recall ever seeing such a route announced, and it seems to last just a month?

(N.B.: if you're going to make a mass tourism trip, there is a sale discount code at the moment)
Golf Trips to Costa Navarino.
https://golfpassi.fi/pelimatkat/krei...ino-25-3-2022/
SPBanker likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
It seems Finnair’s sustainability really flourishes

https://www.finnair.com/fi-en/bluewings/sustainability/finnair-chosen-as-finland-s-most-sustainable-brand-among-airlines-2563992?
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat

How many Finnish airline brands are there 😁😁

And no I didnt actually click, as its a dirty word to me 😁😁

Last edited by kauppias; Mar 24, 2022 at 2:15 pm
Old Mar 24, 2022, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kauppias
How many Finnish airline brands are there 😁😁

And no I didnt axtuallactually click, as its a dirty word to me 😁😁
Apparently 8 airlines were included in the survey. Not mentioning which ones. I am guessing they were not all Finnish....
LoungeEnthusiast and kauppias like this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 2:16 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
To be "chosen the most [insert your favourite adjective] brand" just means your marketing is efficient.

You can win the "most sustainable polish coal mine" award, it doesn't mean you are one bit better than the others.
r2d2, ffay005 and cistavoda like this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by intuition
It is, but it also has "tier-perks", based on number of segments last 12m.
If you spend a few segments, you can earn free bag and priority security which is decent value.

I think they offer free wifi to all, so the whole "highly valued platinum members are limited to 30 minutes access" perk is not a show stopper...
The problem with DY's "WiFi for all" concept (at least pre-pandemic, last DY flight was Sep 2019) was that everyone using plane WiFi (especially instagrammers / TikTokers etc.) made it unbearably slow. Finnair with <10 users online always works well enough. And with a VPN, the 30 minutes becomes full flight WiFi.
SPBanker likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by mpkz
And with a VPN, the 30 minutes becomes full flight WiFi.
Do tell more!
Old Mar 25, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Awesome. Lets not scream that openly, just hint enough
kauppias likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Works with other airlines as well (e.g. AFKL "message only 1 hour" becomes "full flight very slow browsing"). You won't be able to access the "status screen" any more, so if you disconnect for some reason, you are gone, but F-Secure's VPN product for example sends connections in a form where most airline WiFi providers are unable to distinguish you browsing the net from you accessing their status page, which you can do all flight (not super savvy about networking myself, the guy who whitehat hacked AA who posts here rarely can maybe tell more)

Let me know if this is too much info and I can delete.
r2d2, WilcoRoger and SPBanker like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.