Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:44 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Trivago is just a comparison website and lists price for booking.com and other websites.

Berlin and Rovaniemi are very popular destination so perhaps you'd be better off booking now.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

One important thing is... if i was to choose Business class by finnair i do hope all my trip will at least be everything business seat.. I mean i will start from Brisbane australia.. Most likely the plane takes me to Singapore. Then from singapore i change planes again with finnair straight to Helsinki. AND from helsinki i am to change planes with FLYBE a much smaller plane to go to berlin.

So what are the chances that this will be as business class all up ? Including on the flybe as well ?

Then what are the chances are 10 days later im going to the next country. Which is rovaniemi. So Berlin to helsinki by flybe obviously... and from helsinki i catch a finnair to go to Rovaniemi.
What are the chance on business class to all that up ?

AND to go home back to brisbane will be most likely from rovaniemi to Helsinki by finnair and from helsinki to HK by finnair as well.. chances of business class all of this as well ? And how about from change planes from HK to get to brisbane aslso business class ?

Or are we just talking about depends and that what you pay for is what you get limited on business class on this package. And does not include business class on every seat you seat on the plane ?

I mean just making it sure it is worth paying something 4,000 or something knowing this is not a one business class chance. But rather more ALL of this package on every seat on the flight is business class.. No point if its just from Singapore to helsinki on business class and the rest of everything is then all economic. Please correct me if mistaken thank you very much ? this one discuss more on finnair business class package.

It be useless to pay business class if then this business class is only a one direction trip rather then all of the flights.. Remember im going one place to another and helsinki is the main bnase where ill be in and out and in and out again 2 or 3 times since im going to berlin for 10 days and rovaniemi for about 5 days.. So the plane goes back to helsinki many times.

it be finnair and aswell flybe by finnair.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by citro
If you have a business class ticket, it's 99,9%. If you don't, it's 0,01%.

Business class seats within Europe and in Finland domestic are the same as economical seats.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:19 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
One important thing is... if i was to choose Business class by finnair i do hope all my trip will at least be everything business seat.. I mean i will start from Brisbane australia.. Most likely the plane takes me to Singapore. Then from singapore i change planes again with finnair straight to Helsinki. AND from helsinki i am to change planes with FLYBE a much smaller plane to go to berlin.

So what are the chances that this will be as business class all up ? Including on the flybe as well ?

Then what are the chances are 10 days later im going to the next country. Which is rovaniemi. So Berlin to helsinki by flybe obviously... and from helsinki i catch a finnair to go to Rovaniemi.

AND to go home back to brisbane will be most likely from rovaniemi to Helsinki by finnair and from helsinki to HK by finnair as well.. chances of business class all of this as well ? And how about from change planes from HK to get to brisbane aslso business class ?

Or are we just talking about depends and that what you pay for is what you get limited on business class on this package. And does not include business class on every seat you seat on the plane ?

I mean just making it sure it is worth paying something 4,000 or something knowing this is not a one business class chance. But rather more ALL of this package on every seat on the flight is business class.. No point if its just from Singapore to helsinki on business class and the rest of everything is then all economic. Please correct me if mistaken thank you very much ? this one discuss more on finnair business class package.

It be useless to pay business class if then this business class is only a one direction trip rather then all of the flights.. Remember im going one place to another and helsinki is the main bnase where ill be in and out and in and out again 2 or 3 times since im going to berlin for 10 days and rovaniemi for about 5 days.. So the plane goes back to helsinki many times.

it be finnair and aswell flybe by finnair.
Check your ticket carefully before you pay, as Expedia has a sneaky way of giving you a mixed fare (ie economic to Singapore then business to Helsinki), and you have to look very carefully to see that they've done that. This is another reason why I would suggest that you use a travel agent.

On Finnair, my experience includes flying HEL to CDG, not to Berlin. This was a Finnair flight (not Flybe), you are seated in the front few rows of the plane. The seats are the same as the economic ones, but the middle seat is blocked which means that nobody can sit there, so you have extra room. The service is better than in Economic. This is common in many European airlines, not like domestic business class in Australia which has bigger seats and (usually) IFE.

I like to sit in the front row of these flights as it means that you don't have someone in front of you reclining. The flights aren't very long so it's not too uncomfortable
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: A handful of shiny cards
My apologies, thank you for correcting my misinformation nux. I book my hotels through the hotel chains I use, or on rare occasions booking.com or through my FF program hotel pages.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 4:12 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
Check your ticket carefully before you pay, as Expedia has a sneaky way of giving you a mixed fare (ie economic to Singapore then business to Helsinki), and you have to look very carefully to see that they've done that. This is another reason why I would suggest that you use a travel agent.

On Finnair, my experience includes flying HEL to CDG, not to Berlin. This was a Finnair flight (not Flybe), you are seated in the front few rows of the plane. The seats are the same as the economic ones, but the middle seat is blocked which means that nobody can sit there, so you have extra room. The service is better than in Economic. This is common in many European airlines, not like domestic business class in Australia which has bigger seats and (usually) IFE.

I like to sit in the front row of these flights as it means that you don't have someone in front of you reclining. The flights aren't very long so it's not too uncomfortable

Hi again and thank you for your kind reply. That is very much true what you said obove this.

yes ive notice that.. With expedia.. I want to pay Business class as an example.. but it seems that.. thats strange Starting from brisbane to singapore is not business class and your paying business class to get to europe and return.. So i wonder why business class is out of the list starting from brisbane to singapore.

Brisbane my home town and singapore is the base where i have to then change a diferent finnair airline to get me to europe.

Yes notice it is business class from singapore to helsinki........ but strange it is as well where it all started. ? Now why is that with expedia ? Well travel agency mmm you see i want to take the full advantage control of my ticket and changes and look it up details and all online from home rather then a agency do it to me... otherwise i cant see if there is any changes between then and then. And have to disturb the agency every time i want to see things and look up for food changes and menus and so on requests....

Anyways im suprise it is only economic from brisbane to singapore. I wonder why. There has to be a way
Old Feb 24, 2015, 4:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nux
Can you repeat the destinations you are wanting to go to and on which airlines? It isn't quite clear in any of your posts.
brisbane to singapore. From singapore i change planes to go to destination1 (berlin) but it will get me to helsinki. Then i catch a flybe to berlin,

10 days later

Berlin to helsinki by flybe......... But from helsinki i change to finnair again to get to DESTINATION 2 rovaniemi.

5 days later

Rovaniemi going home.. so Rovaniemi to Helsinki.. change planes again finnair again. And from helsinki depends HK or singapore before it gets me back to brisbane.

Business class is what i want but also alternative with Economic seats... Just that expedia is messing trick ways to get you less on business class because if i want busienss class for everything it clearly shows FROM brisbane to singapore will just be ECONOMIC seats.. i wonder why.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 4:18 pm

Expedia is NOT a good site to use in Australia.

As for where you change in Asia, you could also go via Bangkok (like I am next week) or Hong Kong, there are some other places too but I'm too lazy to look them up.

You have a long, long time before your trip, so take the time to read again the very good advice that people here have given you, keep looking at fares and buy one when it's cheap.

You will love business class, I promise you.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm going to Ozzy with a stopover in NRT (AY + QF) and coming back via SIN (BA + AY) but as you said HKG and BKK are also options - in fact BKK priced out lowest (by not much) when I booked my ticket. The key, I think is that AY have flights to/from these Asian destination and codeshares with QF/BA onwards, so they might have options via KIX/NGO/PEK/PVG as well. That said my NRT-SYD flight is with QF code.

Worth noting that starting/terminating your trip NOT in Finland will drop your price by €€€€ - so our lovely lady from Brisbane should save a bucketload going to BER with just a stopover in Finland and buying a separate ticket HEL-RVN-HEL. But she was given htis advice already many times to no avail.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 6:45 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Okies Badgerboi. At this stage just looking but anything is online preferences for me for now.

Just out of curiosity. Who can tell me what are the different between Business class vs First class ?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just out of curiosity. Who can tell me what are the different between Business class vs First class ?
Don't worry about First class, no airline operates First to Helsinki or on any intra-European flight.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 3:03 pm

Okies Badgerboi. At this stage just looking but anything is online preferences for me for now.

Again, you would be on a mixed fare as WilcoRoger points out there is no First to HEL, so you could go to Asia in first class then change to business class on Finnair. I don't think there would be much choice flying from Brisbane to Singapore first class, a quick look shows just Korean and Emirates. You would get bigger seats and better service, better choice of meals and wines and maybe a bigger video screen to watch reruns of Modern Family and Big Bang Theory.

Of course, then when you changed to go to Helsinki, you would be back to Business Class, which would be a bit disappointing.

Learn to walk before you run and just look at Business Class for this trip. I would encourage you to save your money and keep looking at prices, it's worth the extra money imho. I've never flown First, and dream of doing it one day.

One final word of warning: ignore anything you might read on FT written by Americans about "First". They are usually talking about domestic flights in America and it's not first class at all.

I fly SYD to HEL next week, I'll let you know how my flight goes.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:06 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Just to let everybody know this. Just imagine like Expedia i make my business class ticket. But it seems that business class doesnt begin until i reach to singapore when i hope on the next finnair flight bounce to europe. And realise from brisbane to singapore its only domestic.

And considering saying this... Economic is only 1 luggge no more then 20 or 23kilos. While business class you can carry same equals for 2x luggages.

If i was to go with 2x luggages with the same equal kilogrames as 20kilos each... while im on economic from brisbane to singapore it will kill me to think this will be far too expensive cost. But then your on business class and have no issues but then you cant take 2 times luggages with economic.

What a mess and confusing this is. Because i do like business class but ive played around and it indicates brisbane to singapore is only economic (not sure why) And the rest is all business class

I do want to take 2 x luggages at the same heavyness.. But now thinking about it.. anything economic will say NO to the second luggage because they won't accept it.

So what can one will arange this ?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
Again, you would be on a mixed fare as WilcoRoger points out there is no First to HEL, so you could go to Asia in first class then change to business class on Finnair. I don't think there would be much choice flying from Brisbane to Singapore first class, a quick look shows just Korean and Emirates. You would get bigger seats and better service, better choice of meals and wines and maybe a bigger video screen to watch reruns of Modern Family and Big Bang Theory.

Of course, then when you changed to go to Helsinki, you would be back to Business Class, which would be a bit disappointing.

Learn to walk before you run and just look at Business Class for this trip. I would encourage you to save your money and keep looking at prices, it's worth the extra money imho. I've never flown First, and dream of doing it one day.

One final word of warning: ignore anything you might read on FT written by Americans about "First". They are usually talking about domestic flights in America and it's not first class at all.

I fly SYD to HEL next week, I'll let you know how my flight goes.

I would not like to go down to sydney to just go on business class.. 1hour and 40minutes flight from brisbane to sydney just rediculoursly insane.

Im only starting to worry that if i choose expedia.. i know its only 3 months away to make my descisions but if i was to choose business class finnair on expedia.. there is never or who knows if there is Business class seat from brisbane to singapore.. Singapore is the hub place to change planes next... it seems what it shows me that from singapore and to europe is business class.

The reason to this is.. Well if your going to go business class with finnair you know you can carry 2 luggages more then 20kilos each..

But afraid that what happens if i have 2 luggages more then 20kilos each starting FROM brisbane to singapore on economic seat ? thats what is worrying me out

And also notice from expedia as i go back home from europe its all business class then takes me to HK and from HK to brisbane it be only economic... What happens then if i have 2 luggages more then 20 kilos each.

I don't want trouble after and before it all began. Sure business class you might as well take the brivilage of it all since you can take as much as you want. But if the ticket is between business and ECONOMIC.... it be a very miss one.

Econmic you only accept 1 luggage suitcase more then 20kilos.

Business class you can bring 2 of the luggages suitcase each 20kilos or there abouts.

So yeah.. just confusing for this one.

Just hope in 3 months time this won't stress me out as it is.. You want business class. YOU expect to have all directions on business seats thats why your paying a very higher rate price. Otherwise its no point and just go economic.. stuck between a narrow seat.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:29 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Go to a travel agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.