Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Originally Posted by citro
I will do exactly like you show me:
My proposal, which has also been proposed by others, is to book one ticket BNE-BER-HEL-BNE with a stopover in HEL (A$2000), and then a separate ticket HEL-RVN-HEL (A$144)
That's not what you tried below, so of course you won't get the same results.
And the results on that website shows as indication:

To make a separate ticket Starting from Berlin to (rovaniemi)and back to brisbane tells me the cost is: $4,384 by finnair. On economic seat. Not cheap isn't it!
Who said anything about buying a separate ticket for BER-RVN?
One ticket for BNE-BER-HEL-BNE, and a separate ticket HEL-RVN-HEL. You can get that for about A$2200.
Very simple, and I don't know why you are trying to make it so complicated.
I just want to make it clear that i do not want separate tickets.
Then you may have to pay A$5000 or more for your ticket. If that is the choice you want to make, buy that ticket and stop complaining about how expensive it is.

Yes, there is a potential downside to having two separate tickets, which is why multiple posters have proposed that you make sure to have long connection times in HEL. For some reason, you have chosen to pretty much ignore the advice given to you in this thread.
There is an evening BER-HEL flight, and then you can take the HEL-RVN flight in the morning the next day. Even if the flight from BER is delayed a little, you'll still be able to catch the flight to RVN. Same thing when you return from RVN. Make sure that you have a lot of connection time in HEL.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 3:14 pm

i get the idea i would end up imigration so many times for each flight i get on for each separate tickets.

. Try imagen having all that for very separate ticket. it may end up bit confusing and messy.. then maybe end up multible times imigrations and line ups and imigrations again and this and that.
I try once more. None of us who know Helsinki airport and Finnair understand your fear of ending up at immigrations and other lines more often using separate bookings than one booking. You know, AY will check through your baggage to your final destinations even if you have two separate tickets if both flights are operated by an oneworld carrier including Finnair and Flybe Finland. You will even get the boarding passes at check-in or on-line.

Just leave ample time between the flights. Preferably book a flight from Rovaniemi to Helsinki the previous night before your return flight to OZ. Even if the flight would be cancelled or there would be strike or anything, you could even take an overnight train or bus from Rovaniemi to Helsinki to catch your flight. Or take an early morning flight. If that would be cancelled you could still take the train leaving Rovaniemi at around 10 am and you would arrive at Helsinki 20 pm and still catch the evening flight to Singapore.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

No worries.
I will see what i can do. I like to have the best trip posible.

So 3 months time and counting by now is reaching and i currently saving every 2 weeks.

At the time i will again or a few times just continue to check these websites. Even finnair. But also by close to date i will end up at a travel agency.

I will ask for quotes and packages.

If non of this is anythinga t a normal decent price. I will then try work out this separate tickets things.

Just so long im with finnair. Otherwise ill end up with a diferent airline and going around one place to another when all i want to do is get to the destination right there. Rather then going all the way to london to change a plane to get back around to germany.

Anyways all good. I will take note of your advice on the separate tickets.

The reason why im stress about it its because the price at the moment and because ive never understand the separate tickets because i always thought that doesnt work unless your living at that country to make that single separate tickets.

Anyhow anything can change. But sure i wont pay too much. Below 3.000 aussie dollars should be just about perfect. Just not redicuoursly 5,000 dollars... In that case that prce is more of a business class seat.

Anyhow thanks to everyone. As i read around peoples advice and opinions.

Thanks all good.
regards.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:02 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Dear Citro,
Finnair tickets are the cheapest with 3 months ahead travel, so you should go to travel agent NOW and book it, since the prices will only skyrocket up from today.
Then you can begin planning your bikey trip and enjoy. Safe travels.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Last edited by citro; Mar 16, 2015 at 9:09 pm
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Just out of curiosity. If i was to find it cheaper to do separate tickets with finnair rather then making it all combine into one ticket package but more of separate tickets would that even work out cheaper and much easier starting from brisbane ?

One thing is someone told me if i was to do this i will end up collecting my luggage every stop i make.. Making it a much longer wait around which might be pointless but i don't no and then passing imigration more then a few times for each separate tickets. I could be wrong but please let me know.

It seems yet regardless webjet and expedia the price is beyond mind to think how could something be so expensive to travel to europe over 5,000 dollars just on economy! But in regards to separate tickets is that going to be of any easier or any dificulties later on ? Must pass imigration each time.. then go collect the luggage and then back into the huge line for every separate tickets in the list....? kind of sounds too much.

When a 1 package combine means finnair will take care of your luggages and transfer to flybe there after and all that stuff.

Doing it separate might means i have to do it all manually. Collect luggages.. pass imigration... line up and just waste of hours on end.

This be a optional if only i believe 3 months from now the price has just have not change one bit at all.
Travel agency might be in the list next. And if not.. then separate tickets.

But im just wondering about separate tickets...

For example:

Brisbane to berlin 10days trip (stop at singapore for anything 3 to 6hours) ticket1 via FINNAIR
Berlin to Rovaniemi 5 days trip (stop at Helsinki for anything 1 to 4hours) ticket2 (FLYBE) *helsinki - rovaniemi via finnair* ticket2
Rovaniemi to Brisbane 5 days later (stop at HK or Sinpaore for anything 6 to 8 hours) FINNAIR *hk or singapore Qantas by finnair back to brisbane* TICKET 3

So ok don't worry much about the flybe and or via finnair by qantas and such. Most important is im going by finnair and back. But in regards about the separate tickets.

3 separate tickets if it works out cheaper ? Now the only issue here is as stated obove this messages... collecting the luggage every stop i do. The stops i do is alot specially at helsinki back and forward since i be going to rovaniemi next. But yeah collecting luggage suitecase be a pain in the guts every stop. Plus end up requiering more hours between stops because you need time to collect luggage else where ans then enough time to go via line up cue of many passangers.. then wait around.

Last edited by citro; Mar 16, 2015 at 9:25 pm
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I wonder what the travel agency may do. its not like a travel agency is miracally find me anything under 3000.00 dollars when online resource indicated my trip cost over 5000.00 love to hear someone explain about this one!

Because travel agents also get the price via the internet. Obviously. So if you can't find it cheaper online yourself such as webjet. expedia and many others sites.. Then i don't see why a travel agents somehow going to make a price of under 3000.00 dollars. Then if they do. I wish i knew how they made it find so cheap ?

You do know travel agents gets the price from via the internet. It is no secret as much as you would research online places like expedia.. or webjet or something else. They dont just come up with a random price when they are typing on the keyboard. But who knows how they or how they will do it cheaper.

But separate tickets means trouble and longer waiting around. Collect your suitcase every stop or should i say every separate tickets you make. Re-enter imigration area... delclare imgiration... then back to another area full of travelers finding your way around.

It just seems separate tickets isn't very comfortable. Because obviously someone with separate tickets means pick up luggages and wait far too long one place to another. And who knows what more. stamp passport every time.. this and that.

Last edited by citro; Mar 16, 2015 at 10:03 pm
Old Mar 17, 2015, 12:55 am
Suspended

But separate tickets means trouble and longer waiting around. Collect your suitcase every stop or should i say every separate tickets you make. Re-enter imigration area... delclare imgiration... then back to another area full of travelers finding your way around.

It just seems separate tickets isn't very comfortable. Because obviously someone with separate tickets means pick up luggages and wait far too long one place to another. And who knows what more. stamp passport every time.. this and that.
Already addressed many times in this thread:
Originally Posted by nordic
I try once more. None of us who know Helsinki airport and Finnair understand your fear of ending up at immigrations and other lines more often using separate bookings than one booking. You know, AY will check through your baggage to your final destinations even if you have two separate tickets if both flights are operated by an oneworld carrier including Finnair and Flybe Finland. You will even get the boarding passes at check-in or on-line.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 7:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

<redacted>

THEN with all due respect why people telling me best to go to a travel agency ? If they research the same routine then im doing the same homework as they do on a computer with internet search. So ? And by the way.. dont compare me with that person on the video....

I will have to figure something soon though. Im not a rich person thats for sure.

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 18, 2015 at 8:52 pm Reason: Redacted previously deleted post content.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 7:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
Already addressed many times in this thread:
BUT you do realise many times ive said. Separate tickets means you end up collecting your luggage every time at a airport you stop at. Not a very convinient way to travel. However you can do this but it not be a very pleseant convinient situacion because then you have to muck around waiting one place to another with luggages and this and that and then go back re-enter the airport imigration area and ticketing area and then re-enter inspection again..

Wish that this package wasn't as expensive as it looks. Im not suprise Rovaniemi where santa claus village is. Its finland. Home of Finnair obviously and you say it is a dificult one? well rovaniemi is in finland and finnair airline is the while finland country airline.

It seems finnair travels every singale day(s) to rovaniemi obviously.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 9:59 pm
Suspended

BUT you do realise many times ive said. Separate tickets means you end up collecting your luggage every time at a airport you stop at.
Which part of "AY will check through your baggage to your final destinations even if you have two separate tickets if both flights are operated by an oneworld carrier including Finnair and Flybe Finland." is it that you can't comprehend?

Not a very convinient way to travel. However you can do this but it not be a very pleseant convinient situacion because then you have to muck around waiting one place to another with luggages and this and that and then go back re-enter the airport imigration area and ticketing area and then re-enter inspection again..
Sigh...
As posted earlier: "None of us who know Helsinki airport and Finnair understand your fear of ending up at immigrations and other lines more often using separate bookings than one booking"

Your concerns have been addressed many times, but you apparently just don't get it. As long as you make sure that the connection times are long enough, it's no more complicated to use two separate tickets (one ticket for BNE-BER-HEL-BNE and one ticket for HEL-RVN-HEL) than having all segments on the same ticket. No extra immigration checks. No extra need to collect and recheck your baggage. Period.

But im just wondering about separate tickets...

For example:

Brisbane to berlin 10days trip (stop at singapore for anything 3 to 6hours) ticket1 via FINNAIR
Berlin to Rovaniemi 5 days trip (stop at Helsinki for anything 1 to 4hours) ticket2 (FLYBE) *helsinki - rovaniemi via finnair* ticket2
Rovaniemi to Brisbane 5 days later (stop at HK or Sinpaore for anything 6 to 8 hours) FINNAIR *hk or singapore Qantas by finnair back to brisbane* TICKET 3
It has been explained many times...
Ticket 1: BNE-BER-HEL-BNE, with a stopover in HEL.
Ticket 2: HEL-RVN-HEL.

Why are you trying to complicate everything?

Im not suprise Rovaniemi where santa claus village is. Its finland. Home of Finnair obviously and you say it is a dificult one? well rovaniemi is in finland and finnair airline is the while finland country airline.
You don't say...

It is obvious that the current ticketing rules and rates don't allow you to include stops in both Berlin and Rovaniemi on the same ticket unless you are willing to pay A$5000 or more. Many posters have proposed that you break up your travel into two separate tickets, and have explained that it won't cause any excessive risks or work as long as you make sure that the connection times in Helsinki are long enough. For example, you can take a morning flight from Berlin to Helsinki, and then take an evening flight many, many hours later to Rovaniemi (using a separate ticket for HEL-RVN). Same thing with RVN-HEL, where you can take a morning flight that will give you plenty of time to make the flights from Helsinki to Brisbane.

Many posters have given you advice on how you can book travel to Berlin and Rovaniemi for A$2500 or less (booked by you online), but you keep rejecting the advice given to you.
People have also suggested that you contact a travel agent to see if they can help you by putting together an itinerary that would cost you less than A$5000, most likely by putting together an itinerary using multiple tickets, but it doesn't seem like you have taken that advice either.

There comes a time when people will get tired of you repeating questions that have already been answered. That time is now. Either listen to the advice given to you, or figure everything out on your own without posting the same thing here again and again.

Last edited by UA1K_no_more; Mar 18, 2015 at 3:45 am
Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Okies. The reason why about this separate tickets that im fuzz about its because ive never try. Perhaps i will learn about it just the way i archive getting to santa claus village and berlin and all that stuff.

I only get the impression that separate tickets means you have to collect your luggage every stop you do on every separate tickets. The separate tickets are then not connected as in one package there for your making it as if your traveling one place to another one way ticket(s) And there for means you have to collect the luggage and bit of a hussle really.

I could be wrong don't count on me. I never know this because ive never simply did a separate tickets ever before. But that is what worries me about luggage and then enter else where and just too much i think. Oh though i wish i had someone explain it to me in person and for someone like me you want to be fair understanding so that i don't end up messing my tickets big time.

Anyhow its a fair bit of a wait around so im not buying airline tickets anytime soon. And please be nice to me and if your annoying with my questions please don't go off topic. Please do it else where.

So i know ive said a few times if price on this package does not change then i know i will have 2 options separate tickets perhaps.... with someone to help me clearly understanding how that is. And also second option is a travel agency. But lets just hope the travel agency just cool things down and make it out its all easy and then im stuck between hard to imagine on boarding to another country.

Anyhow all good. Not a problem. Just seen what other options there are and things like that. Just out of curiosity. And only nice friendly people will care to reply and help me with no problems because that is what the forum airline is all about. If your not happy please move on and don't reply here. Respect the forum and moderators are allways up on the look out.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
Which part of "AY will check through your baggage to your final destinations even if you have two separate tickets if both flights are operated by an oneworld carrier including Finnair and Flybe Finland." is it that you can't comprehend?

Sigh...
As posted earlier: "None of us who know Helsinki airport and Finnair understand your fear of ending up at immigrations and other lines more often using separate bookings than one booking"

Your concerns have been addressed many times, but you apparently just don't get it. As long as you make sure that the connection times are long enough, it's no more complicated to use two separate tickets (one ticket for BNE-BER-HEL-BNE and one ticket for HEL-RVN-HEL) than having all segments on the same ticket. No extra immigration checks. No extra need to collect and recheck your baggage. Period.

It has been explained many times...
Ticket 1: BNE-BER-HEL-BNE, with a stopover in HEL.
Ticket 2: HEL-RVN-HEL.

Why are you trying to complicate everything?

You don't say...

It is obvious that the current ticketing rules and rates don't allow you to include stops in both Berlin and Rovaniemi on the same ticket unless you are willing to pay A$5000 or more. Many posters have proposed that you break up your travel into two separate tickets, and have explained that it won't cause any excessive risks or work as long as you make sure that the connection times in Helsinki are long enough. For example, you can take a morning flight from Berlin to Helsinki, and then take an evening flight many, many hours later to Rovaniemi (using a separate ticket for HEL-RVN). Same thing with RVN-HEL, where you can take a morning flight that will give you plenty of time to make the flights from Helsinki to Brisbane.

Many posters have given you advice on how you can book travel to Berlin and Rovaniemi for A$2500 or less (booked by you online), but you keep rejecting the advice given to you.
People have also suggested that you contact a travel agent to see if they can help you by putting together an itinerary that would cost you less than A$5000, most likely by putting together an itinerary using multiple tickets, but it doesn't seem like you have taken that advice either.

There comes a time when people will get tired of you repeating questions that have already been answered. That time is now. Either listen to the advice given to you, or figure everything out on your own without posting the same thing here again and again.
Ok no problems... I will just aventually get the drift with this separate tickets. But sure is confusing alittle bit with ticket1 adding brisbane when im not even going back to brisbane yet.. should meant to be ticket number 2 to add in brisbane into that for final holidays. But i do get the drift idea of what your trying to tell me more or less.. Its not a big deal at the moment. Fair while i have to wait anyhow. I do like to book things just alittle well in advance so the good thing about paying well in advance is you dont need to worry later paying anything what so ever and also you get the feeling pay right now because its now cheaper then waiting later final days of travel Obviously. But no problems. I respect what you have given me.

So thank you anyhow. Just out of curiosity and just learning about the separate tickets.

Remember i do wish to travel business class seating but it all depends how much i could afford. Otherwise it be economy seat non the less.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:57 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
And also second option is a travel agency. But lets just hope the travel agency just cool things down and make it out its all easy and then im stuck between hard to imagine on boarding to another country.
Why don't you go to a travel agent and find out?

Rather than just repeating yourself over, and over, and over?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 4:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Im not going to post here.. Im getting acusations by rude users. Some users are really nice to me and still cares to help me. Respect others and don't just go off topic like most of you.

I will finisalise my trip and when i do i will have important questiones soon. And if you can't bother to help Please move else where. This forum is here to help. Be nice because im not doing anything wrong to you. So if your honest and care to reply well do it. Show your a good user. Dont mess around. Because im not.

Travel is fun. Finnair is what came up thanks to expedia.. last year it just came up and end up flying with this airline.. And since i did so.. i might as well travel back with them only because its better doing so so that i can get the hang idea of how and where i will be stoping and terminals and all that.

Going with a diferent airline isnt a problem.. but sure will be alittle confusing because you would end up airports you never been before. So why not with finnair ? they where good but not the skybe. But anyways not a problem.

I will just leave this note to that... I know i wish prices came down.... and wish i had the money to do the bookings. its lots of fun to do it online and your all under full control the way you want it to be more or less.

But will see how prices goes under 3 months time and counting.. Less then 3 months from now that is! So watch this space soon!

Anyhow i preciae everyones help. I am not a profestional person who flys every year... people do learn from many mistakes and learn new things.

Look how good i made my trip last year first time all alone first time overseas and first time even with finnair and first time doing so online. I was very skeptical that this might end up a mess.. But it end up all pretty easy. I knew when i came home this was as good as doing bookings online at home.

So i do like to take control of my bookings you know the food supply and so on.
ANyhow the most important is the price... there seems a pretty high amount on that price that i would never wish to spent just to go to europe over 5,000 australian dollars is not a normal price. That is economy.

Will see how it goes but yes i will go travel again its fun to travel. Enjoy it all because you only live ones my friend

Take care and watch this space soon. Thanks everyone. Keep it to the topic please.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.